This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
    There's no such thing as overpaying for Westbrook. He is awesome.
    I really wanted Westbrook and yes Bargnani...so I was willing to overspend. I just had to throw out an 80 something before my cpu disconnected, jumping up the price like 25. It's all good, though. Probably would have been a similar outcome anyway, because I really wanted those two.

Only thing that sucks, is that I missed out on a lot of players because of said, internet problems. My modem is still having problems today. ugh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• The Michigan DenardRobinsons

PG: Jose Calderon :: Luke Ridnour :: Earl Watson
      SG: Wilson Chandler :: Raja Bell :: Mickael Pietrus :: Tracy McGrady
      SF: Kevin Durant :: Tayshaun Prince :: Andres Nocioni
      PF: Elton Brand :: Greg Monroe
      C: Al Horford :: Samuel Dalembert

$215 for Durant. At least it's a 20-team keeper league.
      I'm a state.

Comment

• damn harder to draft with 20 teams. ive never done more than 12 in any fantasy league. should be interesting.

Team Not Kwame

PG - Devin Harris / Jrue Holliday
        SG - Kobe Bryant / Marcus Thornton / JJ Reddick
        SF - Hedo / CJ Miles / Al Farouq Aminu
        PF - Anthony Randolph / Amir Johnson / Tiago Splitter / Drew Gooden / Ed Davis
        C - Spencer Hawes / Anthony Randolph

I love me some Anthony Randolph this year. I expect big things going forward from Holliday and Thornton and Kobe is king. A lot of people down on Harris from last year but he picked it up the later part of the year and I think he is going to revert back more towards his play from 2 years ago now that he is healthy. Taking a chance on Hedo turning things back around in a new setting and probably need some better depth at center but I think I've got some room to make a move or two and be all set.

Comment

• PG - Chris Paul / Ramon Sessions
          SG - Andre Iguodala / Rudy Fernandez / Marco Benelli
          SF - Thaddeus Young / Dorrell Wright / Jamario Moon / Al Thorton
          PF - Paul Milsap / Linas Klezia
          C - Shaquille O'Neal / Timofey Mozgov / Nazr Mohammad

My center positions sucks, but other than that I like it. I got out-bid for all my sleeper centers.. argh.
          Last edited by Shiver; 10-12-2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
            you did a great job of getting a number of just solid players. Nice distribution.
            Thanks, I'm hoping that works out. I figured it was better to overspend by a little bit to make sure I get several solid if a little unspectacular guys than to overspend by a lot to get a huge name.

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            My center positions sucks, but other than that I like it. I got out-bid for all my sleeper centers.. argh.
            I went in with some sleepers in mind and I think I got about half of them. D-Unit stole some guys like Hickson and McGee though...grr

Comment

• PG: Ty Lawson/Lou Williams
              SG: Dwyane Wade/JR Smith/Jason Terry
              SF: Vince Carter/Ron Artest/Evan Turner
              PF: David West/Andrei Kirilenko/Boris Diaw
              C: Marc Gasol/Andris Biedrins/Chris Andersen

I have a point guard problem.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                I went in with some sleepers in mind and I think I got about half of them. D-Unit stole some guys like Hickson and McGee though...grr

I wanted McGee...

But I got my man Mozgov!

Originally posted by Chris Sheridan ESPN
                Timofey Mozgov has won the Knicks starting center job over Ronny Turiaf. He'll debut in that role vs. Shaq if Big Fella plays Wed. at MSG.
                7'1" 270, averaged 13 points in the world championships. Should get 25+ minutes in D'Antoni's system. Rotoworld is projecting 9 points, 7 rebounds and 1.5 blocks and everyone acted like I was taking crazy pills when I grabbed him for 1$.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  PG: Ty Lawson/Lou Williams
                  SG: Dwyane Wade/JR Smith/Jason Terry
                  SF: Vince Carter/Ron Artest/Evan Turner
                  PF: David West/Andrei Kirilenko/Boris Diaw
                  C: Marc Gasol/Andris Biedrins/Chris Andersen

I have a point guard problem.
                  **** PG when u steal david west at 21.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
                    Team WMD

PG - Jonny Flynn, Steve Blake, Will Bynum
                    SG - Terrence Williams, Mike Dunleavy, Kirk Hinrich
                    SF - LeBron James, Chase Budinger, Austin Daye
                    PF - Kevin Love, Luis Scola
                    C - Chris Kaman, Roy Hibbert, Darko Milicic

I like it. I didn't plan on going for LeBron. I got him on the only bid that I made for him. After that I decided to wait and pick up a few quality bigs.
                    Lebron is a wildcard. Not sure I love him as much as I used to love him as a fantasy player when he was the only God in Cleveland. Now he's with 2 other Gods... so I'm not sure what the adjustment will be like.

I like T-Will. Wanted him, but saw him nominated too early. Too many people had money to spend and I didn't want to overpay for him as his price kept getting higher.

Daye was a nice get. I like him.

Love and Scola will be a strength for you, but it came at the cost of having crappy PGs.

At C, you should be able to compete near the top of the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                      Team Bos

PG - Raymond Felton, Jeff Teague
                      SG - John Salmons, Corey Brewer, Leandro Barbosa
                      SF - Rip Hamilton, Richard Jefferson, Marvin Williams, Ersan Ilyasova
                      PF - Yi Jianlian, Anderson Varejao, Charlie Villanueva
                      C - Dwight Howard, Yao Ming

Wish I'd gotten a better PG, and my PFs are a joke.
                      You bastard. You overbid me for Howard! It's all good though. I was able to make better use of my money. Enjoy him!

You did a very good of job filling in the rest considering how much money you had left. Got some nice deals, but why the heck did you pay so much for Richard Jefferson?

In the end, you have 1 keeper in a 3 keeper league, so that hurts you going forward. Your starters look like backups on most other teams, but you do have a strong depth to make use of.

Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                        Team KCJ58

PG: Deron Williams - Mike Conley
                        SG: OJ MAYO - James Harden - DeMar DeRozan
                        SF: Lamar Odom - Wesley Johnson(R)
                        PF: Kevin Garnett - Derrick Favors(R)
                        C: Channing Fyre - Brendan Heywood

IR: C Mehmet Okur & PG/SG Rodrique Beaubois
                        Who did you spend your money on?

I guess Deron and Mayo, but I don't really like the rest of your team. It's not bad, but I guess you're relying on some breakout seasons from a bunch of guys. If it works out, you'll be good. If it doesn't, you be out of the playoff hunt.

Player I wanted most on your team was probably Frye. If you want to trade him let me know. You outbid me by a buck and I was restricted on going any higher. Nice steal, young grass hopper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                          The Michigan DenardRobinsons

PG: Jose Calderon :: Luke Ridnour :: Earl Watson
                          SG: Wilson Chandler :: Raja Bell :: Mickael Pietrus :: Tracy McGrady
                          SF: Kevin Durant :: Tayshaun Prince :: Andres Nocioni
                          PF: Elton Brand :: Greg Monroe
                          C: Al Horford :: Samuel Dalembert

$215 for Durant. At least it's a 20-team keeper league.
                          I see 2 keepers, Durant and Horford... not bad.

You really sold out for Durant, but congratulations on winning the bid and getting the guy you wanted most. I was impressed by all the high bidding, but was content to stay away. So I will be interested to see how all you high bidders (the ones that spent over $150 on a single player) do this season, to see if that was a good decision or not. The depth as a result is pretty bad. Your backcourt is ugly, and your frontcourt depth is very shallow. No matter how good of a season Durant has, I don't think this is a championship caliber team.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            You bastard. You overbid me for Howard! It's all good though. I was able to make better use of my money. Enjoy him!

You did a very good of job filling in the rest considering how much money you had left. Got some nice deals, but why the heck did you pay so much for Richard Jefferson?

In the end, you have 1 keeper in a 3 keeper league, so that hurts you going forward. Your starters look like backups on most other teams, but you do have a strong depth to make use of.

Good luck!

It was my first auction and Richard Jefferson was the first person I got. I had no idea how to spend my money. I don't like getting him, but at least he should be consistent for me and I know what I'll be getting.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                            02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                            02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                            02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                            Originally posted by fenikz
                            we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                              damn harder to draft with 20 teams. ive never done more than 12 in any fantasy league. should be interesting.

Team Not Kwame

PG - Devin Harris / Jrue Holliday
                              SG - Kobe Bryant / Marcus Thornton / JJ Reddick
                              SF - Hedo / CJ Miles / Al Farouq Aminu
                              PF - Anthony Randolph / Amir Johnson / Tiago Splitter / Drew Gooden / Ed Davis
                              C - Spencer Hawes / Anthony Randolph

I love me some Anthony Randolph this year. I expect big things going forward from Holliday and Thornton and Kobe is king. A lot of people down on Harris from last year but he picked it up the later part of the year and I think he is going to revert back more towards his play from 2 years ago now that he is healthy. Taking a chance on Hedo turning things back around in a new setting and probably need some better depth at center but I think I've got some room to make a move or two and be all set.
                              I didn't know that this was your team! I thought you where the team with John Wall in the name of it. No wonder you were kind of a pest during the draft! lol. Got a lot of guys I had my own eye on... Jrue Holliday, Anthony Randolph especially. ...you just had to overbid my $1 bid on Redick too, didn't you! Jerk.... ;)

Very good PG combo. Kobe will have another monster year. I think the injury is overplayed. Dude has a competitive fire unlike any except Jordan. SFs are bleh. Aminu is a nice sleeper. He's had some nice preseason games. I like Tiago Splitter too, but I don't think he'll be a fantasy star. Amir Johnson has some promise. He had a nice last month to the season last year. Gooden is consistent, I just don't like his game at all. Hawes is... eeewe.

Overall, I think it's a solid team.

Comment

• I have to make a few changes but this is what i gots...

PG :: Rajon Rondo | George Hill | Jose Juan Barea
                                SG :: Jason Richardson | Mike Miller | Roger Mason
                                SF :: Trevor Ariza | Mike Miller | Carlos Delfino
                                PF :: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Al Harrington
                                C :: Al Jefferson

a few guys i don't have listed bc i plan on releasing them

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information