Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>> DC NBA Fastbreak Classic

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    You mean $2 left for slot? Yeah... I tried to make him feel bad about it too. :D

    The thing is... Brodeur ALWAYS leaves a lot of leftover money, but he never learns.

    I think he likes the feeling of knowing he has the bid hammer, but then he never knows when the right time is of throwing it down.

    I had the hammer for a while, but when my guys I had my eye on were being nominated, I made sure I got them. That's why I beat Brodeur for Collison and now he has crappy PGs.

    Next year, Brodeur will do the same thing. :D

    I love you B! ;)
    Psh, I only left like $40 over in the baseball auction draft.


    RIP TheManInBlack

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
      Real Gunners go in with
      PG- Brandon Jennings/ Goran Dragic/ Nate Robinson
      SG- Kevin Martin/ Ray Allen/ Ben Gordon/ Kyle Korver
      SF- Caron Butler/ Kyle Korver/ Shane Battier
      PF- Pau Gasol/ Taj Gibson/ Patrick Patterson
      C- Emeka Okafor/ Brad Miller

      I might need to trade for some assists, but this team has balance.
      I must say... I'm pretty impressed with the collection of talent that you assembled. 1-5 you have a strong unit! I really like Jennings to build upon his success of last year. Martin (if healthy... and that's a very big IF) will be a scoring stud muffin. Butler is like glue who fills up all the stat categories. Gasol is a bonafide stud who never gets hurt. Okafor gives you the important stats you want out of your center and new coach Monty Williams is talking about using him more as a scorer.

      Your depth is a nice compliment to what you got too. I can tell you'll be strong in the 3s category. You have some guys that will help you rebound, block shots, score. Okafor is a horrendous FT shooter (worst than Dwight!), so that will hurt you in that category.

      But overall, I really like the complete make up of your team. Good job! Hope you have a fun active season. Be sure to post often in this thread.

      An active league thread is what makes a league great!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        There is always ONE GUY who shows up with the bad internet problems and that was you, MOTH! I felt bad for that cause I've had similar wireless problems in the past myself. Last year, I think it was DChess who kept going off and on.

        Still, you ended up with a classic MOTH draft that is very solid. I don't know how to define it, but looking at that team it's got some obvious fantasy value as far as category fillers. Bargnani... the best 3pt shooting Center. Joe Johnson, a great assists grabbing SG. Ronnie Brewer, with the "steals" expertise. Randolph the rebounding *****. Q Rich - 3 bombs away!

        I really think Randolph was a great buy as far as value went. He's really an underrated fantasy star. Westbrook will be better this year. You have more than 3 guys who you will debate about who to keep. That's rare in a league like this.

        Overall, you had a great draft with no real glaring weaknesses.
        Did you see that rain in the Jets game? That's what it was like at my house. haha. It was terrible and very frustrating losing my connection every other minute.

        I honestly may have outbid whoever got Durant.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          Psh, I only left like $40 over in the baseball auction draft.
          Ha ha... Yes... You're slowly getting better.

          You gotta learn how to throw down the HAMMER!!!

          Comment


          • Next time I do one of these, I may take a page out of Broddy's book. He had the pick of the litter late, and you can find some real gems. I had $8 left before I knew it. This was my first auction draft, and I thought it was pretty damn fun. The parts I was there for, at least. haha. :P

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • It probably would be significantly quieter if it wasn't for my zaniness. That's why I should be in all live drafts.


              RIP TheManInBlack

              Comment


              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                You mean $2 left for slot? Yeah... I tried to make him feel bad about it too. :D

                The thing is... Brodeur ALWAYS leaves a lot of leftover money, but he never learns.

                I think he likes the feeling of knowing he has the bid hammer, but then he never knows when the right time is of throwing it down.

                I had the hammer for a while, but when my guys I had my eye on were being nominated, I made sure I got them. That's why I beat Brodeur for Collison and now he has crappy PGs.

                Next year, Brodeur will do the same thing. :D

                I love you B! ;)
                I'm kinda thinking in my head in million. Like we have a cap of 300 million and we're paying these guys anually. More fun to think it that way.

                Sig by: BK

                02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                Originally posted by fenikz
                we all hate you

                Comment


                • Team D-Unit

                  PG Derrick Rose / Darren Collison
                  SG Wesley Matthews / Randy Foye (PG)
                  SF Rashard Lewis (PF) / Reggie Williams
                  PF LaMarcus Aldridge / Andray Blatche (C) / JJ Hickson / Udonis Haslem / Marreesse Speights (C)
                  C Amare Stoudemire (PF) / DeMarcus Cousins (PF) / JaVale McGee (PF)

                  Haha... I was such a frontcourt wh0re! Didn't realize it. I think I got rebounds covered. hahhaha.

                  ...I was supposed to have JJ Redick!!! Evan Turner was also a guy I missed out on.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Team D-Unit

                    PG Derrick Rose / Darren Collison
                    SG Wesley Matthews / Randy Foye (PG)
                    SF Rashard Lewis (PF) / Reggie Williams
                    PF LaMarcus Aldridge / Andray Blatche (C) / JJ Hickson / Udonis Haslem / Marreesse Speights (C)
                    C Amare Stoudemire (PF) / DeMarcus Cousins (PF) / JaVale McGee (PF)

                    Haha... I was such a frontcourt wh0re! Didn't realize it.

                    ...I was supposed to have JJ Redick!!! Evan Turner was also a guy I missed out on.
                    you can still have reddick but youll have to overpay. and the longer you wait the more expensive hell be. im not crazy about rose as a fantasy player but having collison as your #2 is great. like you said, you have a ton of depth at PF/C but obviously lack a decent SG. lewis is a decent scoring sf but he struggled at times more than usual last year and im interested to see how many minutes he gets this year. id expect a decline.
                    Last edited by DiG; 10-12-2010, 03:34 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Those centers will become very valuable later on!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Team D-Unit

                        PG Derrick Rose / Darren Collison
                        SG Wesley Matthews / Randy Foye (PG)
                        SF Rashard Lewis (PF) / Reggie Williams
                        PF LaMarcus Aldridge / Andray Blatche (C) / JJ Hickson / Udonis Haslem / Marreesse Speights (C)
                        C Amare Stoudemire (PF) / DeMarcus Cousins (PF) / JaVale McGee (PF)

                        Haha... I was such a frontcourt wh0re! Didn't realize it. I think I got rebounds covered. hahhaha.

                        ...I was supposed to have JJ Redick!!! Evan Turner was also a guy I missed out on.
                        Damn. Waiting it out really helped you out. You got all bases covered.

                        I guess No Howard, No Problem.

                        Sig by: BK

                        02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        we all hate you

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                          you can still have reddick but youll have to overpay. and the longer you wait the more expensive hell be. im not crazy about rose as a fantasy player but having collison as your #2 is great. like you said, you have a ton of depth at PF/C but obviously lack a decent SG. lewis is a decent scoring sf but he struggled at times more than usual last year and im interested to see how many minutes he gets this year. id expect a decline.
                          Nah. Randy Foye will be just as good as Reddick. Baron Davis is already hurt. So is Willie Warren. Foye has PG and SG eligibility. Foye is a guy that just brings his hard hat to work every day and he'll fill up enough stats for me as a backup. If he doesn't... he'll be my first waiver drop.

                          Rashard Lewis is going to get more PT at SF. That will only enhance his game. His first 9 years in Seattle, he played SF and he beasted it up. He'll still play PF, but they want to get Bass more involved. Q Rich certainly isn't exactly standing in Lewis' way when they want to use Lewis as a SF.

                          Comment


                          • I have a lot of white boys on my team, 8 1/2 out of 14 players, and it was not very intentional.

                            Comment


                            • i'm not sold on my team, meh:

                              PG: John Wall, Jordan Farmar
                              SG: Brandon Roy, Courtney Lee, Anthony Morrow,
                              SF: Anthony Morrow, Damion James, Peja, Earl Clark
                              PF: Marcus Camby, Earl Clark, Damion James, Ryan Anderson
                              C: Bropez, Chandler, Camby, Nenad, N'Diaye! <3
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                                i'm not sold on my team, meh:

                                PG: John Wall, Jordan Farmar
                                SG: Brandon Roy, Courtney Lee, Anthony Morrow,
                                SF: Anthony Morrow, Damion James, Peja, Earl Clark
                                PF: Marcus Camby, Earl Clark, Damion James, Ryan Anderson
                                C: Bropez, Chandler, Camby, Nenad, N'Diaye! <3
                                You did a lot better than you think. I don't think you have to worry about being one of the worst teams in the league, like you normally are. :D

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information