This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    He's not worth it anyways. He's gonna miss the beginning of the season and when he gets back, he's going to be the 3rd wheel scoring option... maybe 4th wheel even.
    I am aware he is not worth 140 I am just trying to figure what the deal with the rule is?

Comment

• I have a question.

I drafted a player last year, then during the year I dropped him. He was in free agency for a while, and then I picked him back up. Do I still get charged $ on the upcoming draft because I was the one who initially drafted or does he get treated as a free agent.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
      Originally posted by fenikz
      we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
        I am aware he is not worth 140 I am just trying to figure what the deal with the rule is?
        You can't keep him since you paid over $125 dollars for him. Everyone knew that before, during and after the draft. There were no secrets about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
          I have a question.

I drafted a player last year, then during the year I dropped him. He was in free agency for a while, and then I picked him back up. Do I still get charged $ on the upcoming draft because I was the one who initially drafted or does he get treated as a free agent.
          I think it's fair for you to keep him at no charge.

Comment

I think it's fair for you to keep him at no charge.
            That's what I was thinking, not because it favors me, but it seemed fair, but also because it favors me.

we all hate you

Comment

• I don't have many options so here they are:

Carmelo Anthony $72
              Andre Iguodala $38
              Jordan Crawford $3
              = $113

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Andrew Bynum = $20
                Tony Parker = $7
                Kenneth Faired = $0

-----------------

Total = $27

we all hate you

Comment

• John Wall- 73
                  Aaron Afflalo-1
                  Ersan Illyasova- 1
                  Total- 75

Comment

You can't keep him since you paid over $125 dollars for him. Everyone knew that before, during and after the draft. There were no secrets about it.
                    We changed it DURING the draft, it was in the draft room. I can't go back because I don't have the ******* draft archived, but I remember it exactly and it was a huge argument between me and you. There is no limit for keepers, we said this so that the payment for LeBron and Durant and so forth didn't matter so that they could be kept.

If you want to arbitrarily change the rules we agreed on DURING THE DRAFT, then I'm out.
                    Last edited by Brodeur; 09-25-2012, 08:30 PM.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      We changed it DURING the draft, it was in the draft room. I can't go back because I don't have the ******* draft archived, but I remember it exactly and it was a huge argument between me and you. There is no limit for keepers, we said this so that the payment for LeBron and Durant and so forth didn't matter so that they could be kept.

If you want to arbitrarily change the rules we agreed on DURING THE DRAFT, then I'm out.
                      The only way that makes sense is if this then does not become a keeper league. The last thing I wanted was for someone to blow their load on one or two players with the sole purpose of tanking the season and going into the next season with a huge keeper advantage. CCB did that in the first version of this league by getting Dwight and CP3, and he didn't care about his team all year. I didn't want that to happen again.

Who else remembers that draft room talk?

Comment

• The entire point would be that he'd have A LOT less money to spend if he kept Dwight and CP3, so he'd ultimately fail anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          The entire point would be that he'd have A LOT less money to spend if he kept Dwight and CP3, so he'd ultimately fail anyway.
                          Eh, it might leave the best players on crappy teams...

But OK, since I don't want you to leave then we can do this.

Besides, the 2x keeper rule helps prevent too much crap from happening anyways.

Comment

• I was seriously under the impression that we were running it the way D-Unit has it right now. That is what I recall.

we all hate you

Comment

• I remember there being a discussion during the draft, actually. I was thinking maybe we discussed it on the forums, but yeah it was in the draft chat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                                I was seriously under the impression that we were running it the way D-Unit has it right now. That is what I recall.
                                You were right there in the draft.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information