Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately, I'm going to have to bail. I don't have time for an auction draft. It's too bad. I was real interested to see if I had done enough to turn Sniper's mess around. Good luck guys.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• D sent me an invite.......how long will an auction draft take? I think I would be down if it was a live draft, but I feel like this draft could take an insane amount of time.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        D sent me an invite.......how long will an auction draft take? I think I would be down if it was a live draft, but I feel like this draft could take an insane amount of time.
        This is a live auction draft at 3PM EST on April 11th.

Comment

• I'll remind you that I'm in, since I'm apparently not on the list.

Comment

• Draft time set for Sunday April 11 at 3PM EST.

Please confirm/reconfirm availability.

Good to go (updated):
            PF
            Commie
            Todd Bertuzzi
            Forenci
            KCJ
            djp
            S4L
            D-Unit
            Hchu
            tjsunstein
            EF
            Jughead
            CjSchnieder
            tjsunstein
            Giantsfan1080
            T24L

out:
            anytitan
            borat

Possibles:
            Rob S
            Last edited by D-Unit; 04-06-2010, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Sunday April 11 at 3PM EST good 2 go

do we still keep 15 players? and have the money based on how much you spent on your players in last years draft?

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                Sunday April 11 at 3PM EST good 2 go

do we still keep 15 players? and have the money based on how much you spent on your players in last years draft?
                No, big changes are happening.

1. I want to make this a yearly auction league with full new rosters each year. (easier to dump deadbeat owners)

2. I want to lower the number of roster spots. Smaller rosters, better waiver pool. (I'll make the changes and update everyone tonight)

3. You can keep 3 players. But you can only keep players who have been in the major leagues less than 5 years. This makes having prospects on your team fun and valuable at the same time. You get to keep and develop them and still enjoy a few years of thier prosperity if they do in fact bloom. This also prevents the very best players from being kept from year to year or being swapped at the keeper deadline. ie. It prevents keeper deadline trade deals where Pujols would be traded for Lincecum type deals just to have the keeper date reset. So once the player has been in the majors for 5 years, you have to drop them. If you don't have 3 players that qualify on your team then you get extra draft picks at the end of the draft.

4. The waiver priorities each year will be based off how you finished in the league. Champion gets first waiver priority in the next year. Best reward since the drafts would be auctions each year.

5. Free agency will be done using the Free Agent Auction Bid system. Everyone will have limited funds to use on their FA additions.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  No, big changes are happening.

1. I want to make this a yearly auction league with full new rosters each year. (easier to dump deadbeat owners)

2. I want to lower the number of roster spots. Smaller rosters, better waiver pool. (I'll make the changes and update everyone tonight)

3. You can keep 3 players. But you can only keep players who have been in the major leagues less than 5 years. This makes having prospects on your team fun and valuable at the same time. You get to keep and develop them and still enjoy a few years of thier prosperity if they do in fact bloom. This also prevents the very best players from being kept from year to year or being swapped at the keeper deadline. ie. It prevents keeper deadline trade deals where Pujols would be traded for Lincecum type deals just to have the keeper date reset. So once the player has been in the majors for 5 years, you have to drop them. If you don't have 3 players that qualify on your team then you get extra draft picks at the end of the draft.

4. The waiver priorities each year will be based off how you finished in the league. Champion gets first waiver priority in the next year. Best reward since the drafts would be auctions each year.

5. Free agency will be done using the Free Agent Auction Bid system. Everyone will have limited funds to use on their FA additions.
                  Don't numbers 4 and 5 sorta contradict each other? lol
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                    Don't numbers 4 and 5 sorta contradict each other? lol
                    haha. guess so. lol.

Ignore 4 then. 5 seems more fun.

Comment

• I like these changes. I'm in.

Comment

haha. guess so. lol.

Ignore 4 then. 5 seems more fun.
                        How will I be rewarded for my dominance then?

Do we keep players from the team we have right now?
                        Last edited by HChu; 04-05-2010, 06:20 PM.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by HChu View Post
                          How will I be rewarded for my dominance then?

Do we keep3 players from the team we have right now?
                          I could probably increase your spending budget. That seems fair. $15 increase for 1st place, $7 for 2nd place?

Comment

I could probably increase your spending budget. That seems fair. $15 increase for 1st place, $7 for 2nd place?
                            Yeah, I was just joking but more money would be cool.

Do we get to keep 3 players from the current team?

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by HChu View Post
                              Yeah, I was just joking but more money would be cool.

Do we get to keep 3 players from the current team?
                              I would love to, but no. We are starting fresh. We have a lot of new owners or owners who jumped in half way last year and didn't really get a chance to draft their own players.

Thoughts on the auction dollar award? Too much, too little, no good?

Comment

• Yeah, I meant a standard draft, my bad.....how long does an auction draft take for a 20 team baseball league? Seems like it could be forever.
                                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information