SWDC AL-Only Minor League Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djp View Post
    It's not the preferred system in AL/NL only leagues, though. There's just no way to balance the categories out with the scarce amount of saves within one league.
    Well thats why I said eliminate saves. RP's will factor in all the other pitching categories.

I'm not gonna keep fighting you guys on this. H2H Points is fine, but I don't think it's a great system.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Yeah, I tend to agree. I don't like roto simply for the reason of "save inflation" but I do think saves should be worth something. I'll put together a points system for tweaking.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        Well thats why I said eliminate saves. RP's will factor in all the other pitching categories.

I'm not gonna keep fighting you guys on this. H2H Points is fine, but I don't think it's a great system.
        What pitching category would you add? Saves is the only category that reliever truly effect. If there was a way to combine holds and saves, I'd be all for it. No reliever has any value compared to other starters without saves.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

There are 3 H2H options on ESPN.

H2H straight points, H2H categories (producing a single win and loss per matchup), and H2H most categories (where you get a win-loss for the # of categories there are).

I don't like the category options. I think it should be a Win-Loss strictly on points. That gives people a freedom to build whatever type of roster they want.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Ok, well let's go with that then. If BF wants to come up with a preliminary scoring system, we'll all do our best to help him tweak it, agreed?
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

What pitching category would you add? Saves is the only category that reliever truly effect. If there was a way to combine holds and saves, I'd be all for it. No reliever has any value compared to other starters without saves.
              I disagree, but we seem to have proceeded with a Points league of some sort.

RP's tend to have lower ERA and WHIP (at least the good ones) so they will have effects there. And on K's as well.

You could eliminate an offensive category in theory. Maybe throw total bases in there in place of two standard categories. As overrated as Saves are in fantasy baseball, steals are just the same.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

What roster slots are we going with? Did I see we'd be having MI, CI, and 5 OF?

Wouldn't that mean nearly every AL starting position player is a starter in this league? 10 teams here, 14 AL teams.

It's fine, I am just trying to get up to speed here.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                  I disagree, but we seem to have proceeded with a Points league of some sort.

RP's tend to have lower ERA and WHIP (at least the good ones) so they will have effects there. And on K's as well.

You could eliminate an offensive category in theory. Maybe throw total bases in there in place of two standard categories. As overrated as Saves are in fantasy baseball, steals are just the same.
                  Your comment doesn't make any sense. Relievers throw nowhere near as many innings as starters do. ERA and WHIP are both relative to innings pitched. A guy with a 3.50 ERA who has thrown 180 innings is infinitely more valuable than a guy with a 3.00 ERA that's thrown 50 innings.

Comment

Actually you can do saves+holds as a category. What about that?

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      Actually you can do saves+holds as a category. What about that?
                      Could be our best bet then, plus would give it a unique twist most other leagues don't have.

Comment

A 5x5 could look something like this:

R, RBI, OBP, TB, SB

W, ERA, WHIP, SV/HD, K

Comment

Your comment doesn't make any sense. Relievers throw nowhere near as many innings as starters do. ERA and WHIP are both relative to innings pitched. A guy with a 3.50 ERA who has thrown 180 innings is infinitely more valuable than a guy with a 3.00 ERA that's thrown 50 innings.
                          I don't disagree, but they have an effect. It's just a matter of re-evaluating their significance in this league. Obviously closers wouldn't be drafted very high at all.

Doesn't matter. We're doing points.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Well this sucks. I wanted in this league but I felt bad for leaving someone else's league. Now it has disbanded and I can't get into this.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              Well this sucks. I wanted in this league but I felt bad for leaving someone else's league. Now it has disbanded and I can't get into this.
                              Maybe we'll have the NL counterpart . . . don't worry GF. My super-league will more than suffice.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Sorry GF. Someone will likely get sick of the tweaking and quit anyway.:)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information