SWDC AL-Only Minor League Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marshallb View Post
    Good points. I agree with a lot of those. One other thing I'd like to point out is on Michael Young would be to beware a trade to the NL.

Also, D, this isn't the NL only league. You mentioned a couple times in there "in an NL only league"
    My bad. Confusion with my NL only draft going on right now.

What's your team look like? I'll do the same.

Comment

• My hope is that Michael Young is kept until at least the trading deadline, at which point Moustakas might be ready anyway.

I don't plan on keeping Young beyond this season regardess.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Also, djp, if you get back and don't like your picks you can obviously change them.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          My bad. Confusion with my NL only draft going on right now.

What's your team look like? I'll do the same.
          I got 1 pick left, but here's what I've got so far.

C Carlos Santana
          1B Adrian Gonzalez
          2B Brian Roberts
          3B Edwin Encarnacion
          SS Jhonny Peralta
          IF Erick Aybar
          OF Alex Rios
          OF Carlos Quentin
          OF Denard Span
          OF Michael Cuddyer
          UTIL Jack Cust
          UTIL Josh Willingham
          BE Matt LaPorta
          BE Maicer Izturis

SP Felix Hernandez
          SP Dan Haren
          SP Max Scherzer
          SP Wade Davis
          SP Jeremy Guthrie
          SP Justin Masterson
          RP Mariano Rivera
          RP Joe Nathan
          RP Frank Francisco
          RP Joel Peralta

Minor Leaguers
          1) Hank Conger, C, Los Angeles Angels
          2) Tanner Scheppers, P, Texas Rangers
          3) Matt Moore, P, Tampa Bay Rays
          4) Lonnie Chisenhall, 3B, Cleveland Indians

sig by BK and avy by me
          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• How does the minor league system work here? I can just pick up or drop any minor leaguer as long as they're not on another team?

Also, since I made that trade I'm not going to be able to fill out my team through the draft. Do I get an extra two picks at the end so I can fill the rest of my roster?
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              How does the minor league system work here? I can just pick up or drop any minor leaguer as long as they're not on another team?
              Correct.

Also, since I made that trade I'm not going to be able to fill out my team through the draft. Do I get an extra two picks at the end so I can fill the rest of my roster?
              If you want. It really doesn't matter, nobody is going to spend FA dollars on someone they didn't want to draft. You can bet $0.

Comment

• I like your team marshallb. Obviously adding Adrian Gonzalez helps a ton, but I think hchu left you with a pretty solid core.

Comment

• Thanks BF. Here's my starting roster:

C Victor Martinez
                  1b Kendry Morales
                  2B Dustin Pedroia
                  3B Danny Valencia
                  SS J.J. Hardy
                  IF Sean Rodriguez
                  OF Carl Crawford
                  OF Josh Hamilton
                  OF Jacoby Ellsbury
                  OF Vernon Wells
                  Util Billy Butler
                  Util Mitch Moreland
                  P Jon Lester
                  P Phil Hughes
                  P C.J. Wilson
                  P Jon Danks
                  P Carl Pavano
                  P Mark Buehrle
                  P Chris Perez

Offense is very strong and if Wilson and Hughes build on last year I should be in pretty good shape.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• C Kurt Suzuki
                    1B Justin Smoak
                    2B Robinson Cano
                    SS Yunel Escobar
                    3B Brent Morel
                    IF Ben Zobrist
                    OF Grady Sizemore
                    OF Ichiro Suzuki
                    OF Shin-Soo Choo
                    OF Rajai Davis
                    OF Johnny Damon
                    UT Vladimir Guerrero
                    UT David Ortiz
                    3B Kevin Kouzmanoff

P John Lackey
                    P Brian Matusz
                    P Andrew Bailey
                    P Fernando Rodney
                    P Chris Sale
                    P Jake Arietta
                    P Fausto Carmona
                    P Brandon League
                    P Jordan Walden
                    P Doug Fister
                    P Vin Mazzaro

Minors:

1. Eric Hosmer, 1B
                    2. Justin Smoak, 1B (not for long)
                    3. Mike Montgomery, P
                    4. Brett Lawrie, 2B
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by marshallb View Post
                      I got 1 pick left, but here's what I've got so far.

C Carlos Santana - Only thing to worry about here is him actually living up to the hype.
                      1B Adrian Gonzalez - Unbelievable advantage and reward for the bad teams last season.
                      2B Brian Roberts - I think he's washed up.
                      3B Edwin Encarnacion - Not much to write home about here. I would personally look at finding upgrades through trades, but he does have hot spells that you want to ride.
                      SS Jhonny Peralta - The definition of mediocrity, but eveyone who drafts him always hopes for more.
                      IF Erick Aybar - Better real life baseball player than fantasy baseball player.
                      OF Alex Rios - Consistent, but he's peaked.
                      OF Carlos Quentin - Inconsistent, but he hasn't peaked.
                      OF Denard Span - Steals will help him put up points that you will like.
                      OF Michael Cuddyer - Deceptively good, but he failed to get "hot" last year.
                      UTIL Jack Cust - Typical DH.
                      UTIL Josh Willingham - Not bad. Not good either.
                      BE Matt LaPorta - I think it's safe to say the Indians didn't get the return they wanted from trading Sabathia.
                      BE Maicer Izturis - Top candidate to be dropped on the wire.

SP Felix Hernandez - Top 3 pitcher in the game.
                      SP Dan Haren - Big fan of Haren.
                      SP Max Scherzer - Nice young player.
                      SP Wade Davis - See above.
                      SP Jeremy Guthrie - Eh. Not a fan.
                      SP Justin Masterson - Used to be a fan. Not anymore.
                      RP Mariano Rivera - Old man's still got it, but the Yanks must be worried. Thus the Soriano signing.
                      RP Joe Nathan - Comeback in the cards?
                      RP Frank Francisco - He'll lose his job.
                      RP Joel Peralta - Joel who?

Minor Leaguers
                      1) Hank Conger, C, Los Angeles Angels
                      2) Tanner Scheppers, P, Texas Rangers
                      3) Matt Moore, P, Tampa Bay Rays
                      4) Lonnie Chisenhall, 3B, Cleveland Indians
                      Excellent crop! I want to trade for Matt Moore.

Comment

• Need a 3B and some luck from my staff, otherwise I'm headed for a rough year again I'm afraid. Hopefully Hosmer/Smoak can do some damage at some point, it's why I passed on Gonzalez with #1. That, and Cano is a horse.
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          Thanks BF. Here's my starting roster:

C Victor Martinez - Expensive get, but you got the #2 catcher in the game.
                          1b Kendry Morales - Not a fan.
                          2B Dustin Pedroia - Fan! Health is his key.
                          3B Danny Valencia - Had him last year and dropped him for a reason.
                          SS J.J. Hardy - Expectations are always high until it comes time when it sucks to have him because you don't want to drop him for nothing.
                          IF Sean Rodriguez - I like Sean's potential a lot!
                          OF Carl Crawford - Winner
                          OF Josh Hamilton - Winner
                          OF Jacoby Ellsbury - Chicken Dinner
                          OF Vernon Wells - Had a nice enough year last year that things are promising once again this offseason.
                          Util Billy Butler - Broke out last season. Let's see him repeat.
                          Util Mitch Moreland - See above.
                          P Jon Lester - You know what you got here.
                          P Phil Hughes - There's the hope for wins. Anything else is bonus.
                          P C.J. Wilson - Big expectations for him to repeat. I think he can.
                          P Jon Danks - Shaky as your #4 SP.
                          P Carl Pavano - Bulldog attitude, puppy dog game.
                          P Mark Buehrle - Has declined every year, the last 3 years.
                          P Chris Perez - Ok. If you say so.

Offense is very strong and if Wilson and Hughes build on last year I should be in pretty good shape.
                          I see a middle of the pack team to be honest. Never know what unexpected things could happen to boost your luck though.

Comment

• Big problem with marshallb's team is that he literally has no ability to use the waivers. That will kill his depth, especially if injuries pile up. Dan Haren's a great player, but he came at a big price.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                              C Kurt Suzuki - You can live with him in an AL only league if you've got a strong line up surrounding him.
                              1B Justin Smoak - A breakout is a must! Unfortunately, Safeco ain't exactly a hitters paradise.
                              2B Robinson Cano - STUD. Best player the Yankees have.
                              SS Yunel Escobar - Better real life player, than fantasy player.
                              3B Brent Morel - Honestly, have no clue who this guy is.
                              IF Ben Zobrist - Dude needs a bounce back year. I need it for my other league too!
                              OF Grady Sizemore - Is he broken beyond repair?
                              OF Ichiro Suzuki - You can count on him for 400 points minimum.
                              OF Shin-Soo Choo - He's got a lot of fans, but I'm not one of them.
                              OF Rajai Davis - Classic 1 category player, but steals are valued in this league.
                              OF Johnny Damon - I admit I had him on my radar when you took him.
                              UT Vladimir Guerrero - I believe he's still got stuff in the tank. DH is perfect for him.
                              UT David Ortiz - I'm also hoping for a 30 HR, 100 RBI season.
                              3B Kevin Kouzmanoff - eww.

P John Lackey - Lackey is nobody's #1 fantasy pitcher.
                              P Brian Matusz - I think you're his #1 fan. Let's hope for a breakout season.
                              P Andrew Bailey - Health permitting...
                              P Fernando Rodney - 3 blown saves away from losing his job.
                              P Chris Sale - Won't beat out Thornton this year.
                              P Jake Arietta - Some potential there mixed in with some ugly outings.
                              P Fausto Carmona - Hearing good things, will we see good things?
                              P Brandon League - Should get the job until end of April, but I think he goes back to a set up role.
                              P Jordan Walden - Has a strong chance to be LA's closer by end of year.
                              P Doug Fister - I don't know what to say.
                              P Vin Mazzaro - Vin needs to show what he showed in the minors.

Minors:

1. Eric Hosmer, 1B
                              2. Justin Smoak, 1B (not for long)
                              3. Mike Montgomery, P
                              4. Brett Lawrie, 2B
                              Not one of my favorite looking teams. I agree with your own analysis, but there is reason for hope with your excellent minor leaguers.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                Big problem with marshallb's team is that he literally has no ability to use the waivers. That will kill his depth, especially if injuries pile up. Dan Haren's a great player, but he came at a big price.
                                I think he'll be ok. You can pick up guys for $0.

BTW, when does the budget reset? ...and what are our amounts?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information