SWDC AL-Only Minor League Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget never resets!!

Your amounts are on the front page and on your team page. I think I'm going to change the value amount to ESPN's AL-Only projections. If we keep it to who we drafted in 2010, it will become increasingly difficult to restock value.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Team Baltimore Warioles

C Matt Wieters
      1B Miguel Cabrera
      2B Gordon Beckham
      3B Evan Longoria
      SS Alexei Ramirez
      IF Howie Kendrick
      OF Adam Jones
      OF Bobby Abreu
      OF Franklin Gutierrez
      OF Julio Borbon
      UT Mark Reynolds
      UT Reid Brignac

BN Alex Avila (C)
      BN Alcides Escobar (ss)
      BN Lorenzo Cain (OF)

P Trevor Cahill
      P Edwin Jackson
      P Rick Porcello
      P Dallas Braden
      P Jake Peavy
      P Brandon Webb
      P Joakim Soria

BN Ivan Nova (sp)

MINORS:

C/1B Jesus Montero
      2B/OF Jason Kipnis
      OF Mike Trout
      SP Michael Pineda

I'd like to still use my last pick after Yo selects if that's ok

Comment

• C Joe Mauer
        1B Adam Dunn
        2B Ian Kinsler
        3B Kevin Youkilis
        SS Jed Lowrie
        IF Marco Scutaro
        OF Austin Jackson
        OF Curtis Granderson
        OF Magglio Ordonez
        OF Manny Ramirez
        UT Jim Thome
        UT

P CC Sabathia
        P Francisco Liriano
        P Colby Lewis
        P Clay Buchholtz
        P Jeremy Hellickson
        P Brandon Morrow
        P Daisuke Matsuzaka
        BN Matt Thornton
        BN Jake McGee
        BN Rafael Soriano
        BN Alexi Ogando
        BN David Aardsma
        BN Brian Duensing

1) Chris Tillman, P, Norfolk Tides (AAA-Baltimore Orioles)
        2) Jeremy Hellickson, P, Durham Bulls (AAA- Tampa Rays) - not for long
        3) Jared Goedert, 3B, Columbus Clippers (AAA- Cleveland Indians)
        4) Jose Iglesius, SS, Portland Sea Dogs (AA- Boston Red Sox)

Would be nice if the guys I graded would respond.

Comment

• Very good starting pitching and a slightly above average offense. You should definitely be in the mix late into the year.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
            You have two picks. Every team should have 25 major league players and 4 minor league players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
              Team Baltimore Warioles

C Matt Wieters - I was surprised by your selection of him, but I understand why.
              1B Miguel Cabrera - Will his off field issues, be an on field issue?
              2B Gordon Beckham - The breakout everyone expected last season didn't happen, but there's still plenty of time.
              3B Evan Longoria - One of my favorite players in the game.
              SS Alexei Ramirez - Just ok.
              IF Howie Kendrick - I always avoid him in drafts, but he's ok to good.
              OF Adam Jones - Don't you wish people just lived up to expectations?
              OF Bobby Abreu - Steady vet that can be relied upon for good fantasy numbers.
              OF Franklin Gutierrez - His bat needs to wake up. Better roto player than points player.
              OF Julio Borbon - I wanted him! Nice steal. Speaking of which, I expect his numbers to rise in that dept.
              UT Mark Reynolds - Great fantasy player when his AVG and OBP doesn't count!
              UT Reid Brignac - Breakout candidate.

BN Alex Avila (C) - Very average.
              BN Alcides Escobar (ss) - Change of scenery could do him well.
              BN Lorenzo Cain (OF) - Never heard of him.

P Trevor Cahill - Good times up ahead for Cahill.
              P Edwin Jackson - Can't really say the same.
              P Rick Porcello - Not a lot of Ks, but he knows how to pitch!
              P Dallas Braden - Eeesh.
              P Jake Peavy - Trying to make a comeback from an ugly ass tendon injury. I'll give him an award for that.
              P Brandon Webb - You stole him from me!!!
              P Joakim Soria - Likey, likey.

BN Ivan Nova (sp) - Upside is there.

MINORS:

C/1B Jesus Montero - Needs a trade, won't get one.
              2B/OF Jason Kipnis - Not sure who he is.
              OF Mike Trout - Star potential
              SP Michael Pineda - I think he'll give you nice returns this year.

Not sure how to judge this team. Could be great, avg or poor. You'll have to be on top of setting your roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Excellent crop! I want to trade for Matt Moore.
                I gotta say that I agree with a whole lot of that. I definitely would like a better 3B and SS, but both are very shallow, especially in this league. I'm hoping that I can get 2 merely solid guys out of those 3, that is if I don't make a move for another guy. I kind of disagree on Roberts, as I think he can perform if he can stay healthy, but I've got plenty of concerns about that, and those injury concerns are the only reason I picked Izturis as there is no one out there at 2B after him, so I'd hate to have had him get picked and have to pick someone up if/when Roberts gets hurt and be screwed, I wanted Casilla but I didn't like his value in the 9th over Willingham and he didn't make it back to me. I like Guthrie as a safe starter option despite the fact that he pitches in the AL East. Masterson is just a high upside potential guy, who hopefully can take a step forward. Francisco is a bit of a risk, but it was really between him, Bard, and Aviles for my last keeper spot and I'd rather go with the guy who is currently the closer, and well Aviles would have given me some nicer depth at 2B, but meh. I also like Peralta as a potential saves option in Tampa if Maddon doesn't trust McGee as a rookie and had a very good year last year.

sig by BK and avy by me
                Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

C Joe Mauer- Best catcher in the game
                  1B Adam Dunn- Going to rack up points, but strikeouts are a problem and homeruns aren't worth as much in this league
                  2B Ian Kinsler- Injuries are a major concern to me, it's why I traded him. Still has the ability to be a top 2-3 secondbaseman.
                  3B Kevin Youkilis- Not very many good 3B in this league, valuable piece.
                  SS Jed Lowrie- Ok, I guess.
                  IF Marco Scutaro- See above.
                  OF Austin Jackson- Great young player.
                  OF Curtis Granderson- I think he's peaked, but a solid starter.
                  OF Magglio Ordonez- Down season last year. Should bounce back.
                  OF Manny Ramirez- Could see better number with more playing time. Could completely bust.
                  UT Jim Thome- Don't think he'll get the necessary at bats this year.
                  UT

P CC Sabathia
                  P Francisco Liriano
                  P Colby Lewis
                  P Clay Buchholtz
                  P Jeremy Hellickson- Top 5 pitching is very strong.
                  P Brandon Morrow
                  P Daisuke Matsuzaka
                  BN Matt Thornton
                  BN Jake McGee
                  BN Rafael Soriano
                  BN Alexi Ogando
                  BN David Aardsma
                  BN Brian Duensing- No stars, but there's points and potential here.

Could see Goedert sooner than later. I think Tillman needs this year to prove he's anything.

I think you might be the favorite to win this year, but you'll need to find production from unexpected places with your hitting.

Comment

• charm and yo got ****** by losing Lee and Greinke. Although both were hardly surprises, even a year ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      charm and yo got ****** by losing Lee and Greinke. Although both were hardly surprises, even a year ago.
                      Marcum is a stud right beneath that level. But that hurt me too.

Comment

C Joe Mauer as long as his knees hold up nobody better
                        1B Adam Dunn moving to smaller park should be back over 40HR
                        2B Ian Kinsler right behind Cano and Utley as far as offensive 2B
                        3B Kevin Youkilis steady as they come healthy Youk means pts
                        SS Jed Lowrie looks like he'll be backup plus fill in might need upgrade
                        IF Marco Scutaro should get majority of time at SS dangerous to have him and Lowrie starting
                        OF Austin Jackson could be in for mean regression when his BABIP drops
                        OF Curtis Granderson excellent year for him I think
                        OF Magglio Ordonez who knows
                        OF Manny Ramirez if he gets enough time will be solid
                        UT Jim Thome ditto the above
                        UT

P CC Sabathia wins and k's galore
                        P Francisco Liriano if healthy a second #1
                        P Colby Lewis going to be interesting to see follow up from last year
                        P Clay Buchholtz excellent #2 should get plenty of wins and k's also
                        P Jeremy Hellickson favorite for ROY
                        P Brandon Morrow if healthy could be huge breakout year
                        P Daisuke Matsuzaka wins if he pitches enough
                        BN Matt Thornton has to hope he wins the closing job
                        BN Jake McGee ditto above
                        BN Rafael Soriano i think he's in for trouble in that stadium and his fb rates
                        BN Alexi Ogandobetter hope Feliz wins a rotation spot if not should get decent amt of pts
                        BN David Aardsma see what happens when he gets back
                        BN Brian Duensing mediocre to below average

Filled it in for you.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          charm and yo got ****** by losing Lee and Greinke. Although both were hardly surprises, even a year ago.
                          I was under the impression he'd be playing for the Yankees by now :/

Comment

• Wait I'm confused by the budget thing. How did you get the different amounts for this year?
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Everyone started with a 100 dollar budget, those with less or more depends on if they were recompensated for a lost player or if they spent some to get a player from waivers.

That's why I plan on resetting the values based on ESPN projections.

Comment

C Joe Mauer
                                1B Adam Dunn
                                2B Ian Kinsler
                                3B Kevin Youkilis
                                SS Jed Lowrie
                                IF Marco Scutaro
                                OF Austin Jackson
                                OF Curtis Granderson
                                OF Magglio Ordonez
                                OF Manny Ramirez
                                UT Jim Thome
                                UT

P CC Sabathia
                                P Francisco Liriano
                                P Colby Lewis
                                P Clay Buchholtz
                                P Jeremy Hellickson
                                P Brandon Morrow
                                P Daisuke Matsuzaka
                                BN Matt Thornton
                                BN Jake McGee
                                BN Rafael Soriano
                                BN Alexi Ogando
                                BN David Aardsma
                                BN Brian Duensing

Excellent SP, although I'm not a fan of Dice-K at all, but as your #7 or 8 SP you could definitely do worse. I love Thornton this year and I'm a fan of McGee moving forward, but not sure if Maddon will hand the closers job to him this year. A couple other nice relief pitcher options there.

Mauer is as good and safe as it can get at C. I like Dunn a lot in Chicago, and once Youk gets 3B eligibility you'll have a very safe, solid player at a very shallow position there. I'm not a fan of Kinsler, but I know you are. He just can't stay healthy and he's just too big a risk for me, but he's good at a fairly weak position. You've got both potential SS in Boston, so you should be ok there although neither is that much, and you won't have anybody playing in the IF unless Pedroia gets hurt again. Not a fan of your OF, way, way too many risks there, minus Granderson who's ok but unspectacular. Jackson is set for a big regression and Manny has been on the downswing of his career for a while. I kind of like Magglio as a sleeper this year, but he's still a pretty big risk given his age and durability concerns. Thome will be ok, but I'm not sure how many at bats he gets as he wasn't getting many at the beginning of the year last year when Morneau was healthy, and the Twins will have to get Kubel, Mauer, and possibly Morneau at bats at DH. So you've still got essentially 2 starting hitting spots to fill and won't have much to do it with this late in the draft.

Nice minor league pitchers, but I don't see you getting much from the hitters. You definitely could move some of your great pitching depth for some hitters and likely will have to. Still a very good team, but there is quite a bit of risk involved hitting wise.

sig by BK and avy by me
                                Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                                If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information