No announcement yet.

SWDC AL-Only Minor League Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since Britton is in the majors I guess I have an open minor league space. I'll take the next Miguel Cabrera aka Miguel Sano.

Comment

• My 12:

1B Eric Hosmer
      1B Justin Smoak
      2B Robinson Cano
      2B/OF Ben Zobrist
      2B/3B Brett Lawrie
      SS Yunel Escobar
      OF Colby Rasmus
      OF Ichiro (I guess, he looks better at least)
      UT David Ortiz
      P Brett Anderson
      P Brandon League

Last spot will go between Jordan Walden, Grady Sizemore (F you), Andrew Bailey, and Humber I guess. My pitching is mighty impressive. Thanks Lackey, Matusz, Carmona, and Garza going to the Cubs.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Whoever has the #1 pick is lucky.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm not sure what to do with this league. I'm open to suggestions.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I would not be opposed to starting a new league from scratch. I'm keeping my league going (Year 8). This one is less competitive ... you know, cause I've destroyed you bitches two years in a row.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• If we started from scratch, or even if we didn't, I'd like to make some changes. Namely how players are acquired and how to handle league switches.

Comment

• Personally, I would say to just make the league changes and not start from scratch, but if you want to go with a major face lift to the teams, then just cut down on keepers a lot for this year, like just a few MLB keepers and like 1 minor league keeper per team.

sig by BK and avy by me
                Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Can we do Roto?
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Don't you think that makes the value of closers too inflated? I'd be ok with it if we had auction, but not waiver system. The ability to swoop in on your iphone is a bs way to win fantasy leagues.

Comment

• I don't have an iPhone ..
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                        If we do that.... Next question. Are the minors going to be limited to just the guys in the ESPN system?
                        That's the reason I created the separate system in the first place. I don't want to limit the availability of players.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          That's the reason I created the separate system in the first place. I don't want to limit the availability of players.
                          Oh alright. Makes sense.

Comment

• So, we're going with 8 major leaguers and 2 minor leaguers? I believe I'd have the 2nd pick, then

1) Eric Hosmer
                            2) Robinson Cano
                            3) Humber or League
                            4) Ben Zobrist
                            5) Andrew Bailey
                            6) Brett Anderson
                            7) Jordan Walden
                            8) if Lawrie needs to be on ML roster, then Lawrie. If not, Ortiz I guess? Tough to give up on Smoak but I didn't like what I saw last year. We'll see.

Minors
                            1) Mike Montgomery
                            2) Brett Lawrie

or

1) Mike Montgomery
                            2) ??? or Raunado (probably drop him though)

All of that is pending, of course.
                            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I built up my farm system last year with guys who should help a lot. The 4 I have noow are all top 25 guys and some are considered top 10. Let's stick with 4.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I believe the rules last year was that you could keep 3 minor league players, and put another of them as a major league keeper if you want. I think that worked fine.

I still think we should start over, but it seems I'm alone on that. The FA system needs tweeking and with Pujols and Fielder coming over it's going to throw things out of whack (although I'd be happy if I was D)

If we keep the same system, knocking it down to 8 keepers makes sense. Anything less is unfair.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information