This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Yeah you only threatened to. It's the whole reason why I felt the need to speak up. I think you might've carried out on that threat if I hadn't either. You'll thank me later for saving the league from your Nazi threats.
    I think your opinion of your efforts is far too valiant. This isn't a war. There are no casualties.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• How about this? I give Xio David Hernandez for Aaron Hill. And then I'll give D-Unit Hill and Bartolo Colon for Verlander and a throw in back my way. Then at the end of the day everyone can be happy. Except for Yoda, so I'll have GF or Broduer give him a sensual massage.

Comment

• How about this? We get rid of the league veto.

Comment

How about this? We get rid of the league veto.
          Can't do it mid-season. And again, I don't have a problem with a veto if the parties that were against it actually speak up and justify it. Otherwise it just looks like collusion to keep teams from making moves.
          Last edited by Xiomera; 05-12-2011, 03:38 PM.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
            Can't do it mid-season. And again, I don't have a problem with a veto if the parties that were against it actually speak up and justify it. Otherwise it just looks like collusion to keep teams from making moves.
            But that's the thing. The purpose for asking for reasons is to defend yourself and try to get the thing passed again. If you don't have problem with veto, then there shouldn't be a requirement for those who voted against it to have to say anything. The possibility of collusion (at varying degrees) is always a side effect of the veto feature. It comes with the territory, like it or not.

Comment

But that's the thing. The purpose for asking for reasons is to defend yourself and try to get the thing passed again. If you don't have problem with veto, then there shouldn't be a requirement for those who voted against it to have to say anything. The possibility of collusion (at varying degrees) is always a side effect of the veto feature. It comes with the territory, like it or not.
              No, it's about identifying why you think a trade is unfair and what element makes it an uneven bargain. This is especially important to know since a lot of people signed off on the trade and didn't think it was unjust.

Maybe next year we find 2-3 people outside the league to serve as trade consultants to assess fairness. Or even use the ESPN Answer Guys service to make rulings. They get back to you within 24 hours. We've seen in the past that uninhibited trading doesn't work either.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

No, it's about identifying why you think a trade is unfair and what element makes it an uneven bargain. This is especially important to know since a lot of people signed off on the trade and didn't think it was unjust.

Maybe next year we find 2-3 people outside the league to serve as trade consultants to assess fairness. Or even use the ESPN Answer Guys service to make rulings. They get back to you within 24 hours. We've seen in the past that uninhibited trading doesn't work either.
                No, it's not about identifying it because you would just accept the response instead of debating it.

Consultants is a terrible idea. People make trades for all different reasons. There is not one single strategy. Some people are looking to the future, some are not. Some try to make their own projections, others rely on expert projections... values differ. Some go by rankings... beginning of the season rankings to current rankings... big difference again. Some may strategize to collect assets versus fill immediate needs. Some people are homeristic and want players from the favorite teams on their fantasy team... It could go on and on.

You're just making a fuss now that your trade got rejected. You never made this fuss when 2 of mine were. Give it up already and deal with it. Just leave the league settings alone.

Comment

No, it's not about identifying it because you would just accept the response instead of debating it.

Consultants is a terrible idea. People make trades for all different reasons. There is not one single strategy. Some people are looking to the future, some are not. Some try to make their own projections, others rely on expert projections... values differ. Some go by rankings... beginning of the season rankings to current rankings... big difference again. Some may strategize to collect assets versus fill immediate needs. Some people are homeristic and want players from the favorite teams on their fantasy team... It could go on and on.

You're just making a fuss now that your trade got rejected. You never made this fuss when 2 of mine were. Give it up already and deal with it. Just leave the league settings alone.
                  20 minutes earlier
                  Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  How about this? We get rid of the league veto.

You just told me you wanted it changed to no vetoes. Dude, that's the only reason I even suggested consultants. You're talking in circles.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

20 minutes earlier

You just told me you wanted it changed to no vetoes. Dude, that's the only reason I even suggested consultants. You're talking in circles.
                    Paint whatever picture you want.

Here's the real story...

You PM'd me...

I PM'd you back saying, "If you don't like vetos, get rid of the setting."

You PM'd me back saying, "Maybe we will consider abolishing the veto thing next year"

So my post 20 min earlier was me proposing to everyone else here what YOU were considering privately.

In the end, I didn't think you should consider it. BAM.

Comment

• We're keeping the vetoes. We're also keeping the precedent that vetoed trades need to be explained by the dissenters.

End of discussion forever.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I'm not exactly sure how people are saying that Xio is getting the two best players. Clearly, u guys are just over valuing a guy thats a third starter on his own damn team and a guy that has spent the better part of like his career on the disabled list. I am just gonna quit trading now.

Comment

We're keeping the vetoes. We're also keeping the precedent that vetoed trades need to be explained by the dissenters.

End of discussion forever.
                          Alright, but I don't know how you plan on enforcing that. Will you just push through trades if people don't speak up?

Comment

Alright, but I don't know how you plan on enforcing that. Will you just push through trades if people don't speak up?
                            Just shut up dude. You're the only one making an issue of this. Of course that isn't how it will work.

Myself and other had the courtesy to tell you why your deal was vetoed. At least have that same courtesy for others in the future.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                              I'm not exactly sure how people are saying that Xio is getting the two best players. Clearly, u guys are just over valuing a guy thats a third starter on his own damn team and a guy that has spent the better part of like his career on the disabled list. I am just gonna quit trading now.
                              Well since I'm the only one who responded, I guess I am "people". To be fair, I'm only 1 vote. My biggest part of it was Fuentes. I just don't think he's going to help you that much in saves once Bailey gets back. Xio has plenty of other closers that he could give you. Or he could give you Ellsbury who is still young. He's been just as injury prone as Sizemore, but is a much better keeper than the soon to be 39 year old Ichiro. Get Xio to improve his offer...and throw in a massage or two. ;) If you quit trading, your team is inevitable to fall in the standings because of the way you ate up your innings.
                              Last edited by D-Unit; 05-12-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Just shut up dude. You're the only one making an issue of this. Of course that isn't how it will work.

Myself and other had the courtesy to tell you why your deal was vetoed. At least have that same courtesy for others in the future.
                                Asking for it isn't the problem I have. "Requiring" it is another thing.

My trades got vetoed twice. I've been where you are now. It's not so fun when it's you, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information