ESPN Bottom Line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Bottom Line

Post any news or rumors about your team.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Big Changes in the Big Apple
    General Manager Mike Tannenbaum and Coach Rex Ryan have both stated in a recent press conference that this off-season will be a huge one.

NEW YORK -- Last year Rex Ryan made some brash predictions, although he brought some swagger to a Jets team without an identity, he has yet to live up to any of the smack he's been talking.

One thing is for certain, and it's that Sexy Rexy has made this Jets defense into arguably the best in the league. However, there is still work to be done all over this team.

Jets General Manager Mike Tannebaum recently held a press conference, in which he stated his intent this off-season was to turn the Jets into a Super Bowl Caliber team. With Mark Sanchez having another year of experience under his belt it is certainly possible many of the offensive woes will stop.

In other words, this is going to be a huge off-season.

Rumors have already been circulating that ex-Pro Bowl running back Thomas Jones is on the block, to make room for the future thunder and lightning tandem of Leon Washington and former 3rd round pick Shonn Greene of Iowa. Also long-time starter and stalwart defensive end Shaun Ellis has been mentioned in trade murmurs.

And last but not least, the team has made it public that they wish to deal former top 10 pick and All-World athlete Vernon Gholston.

Of Gholston Rex Ryan stated "He has all the talent in the world, but I just don't see the fire or swagger in his game, he just won't work out on MY defense, maybe he can find success elsewhere." Stunningly it seems the New York Jets organization has already given up on potential sack artist.

"... And were only beginning." said Mike Tannenbaum at the end of the press conference.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Lions Work Out Top Prospects

Tennessee's Eric Berry was one of the 4 players worked out by the Lions today

As they currently hold the #3 overall pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions have been extremely busy working out some of the draft's elite prospects to determine who they should pick when April rolls around.

Earlier today, the Lions held private workouts with four of the drafts top players: Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh, Oklahoma DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma State OT Russell Okung, and Tennessee S Eric Berry.

The team seemed most impressed by the performances of Suh and Berry.

"Suh made a personal highlight reel out of his game vs. Texas, a team who is playing for the national championship" stated Detroit GM BeerBaron. "I'm not sure I've seen a college player as dominant as Suh in some time. He brings everything you could want physically, and really seems like he has the drive and desire to do well; something that can be lacking from a lot of top defensive tackles."

Baron also gave his opinion on S Eric Berry, calling him "a true playmaker" and "a real difference maker on defense."

Regardless of where the Lions go with this pick, one thing is sure; there is surely no lack of talent at the top of the draft.
      Last edited by BeerBaron; 12-18-2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Giants eyeing DT via trade?

more news to come
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Tennessee are looking to move up in the draft, willing to listen to any offers of people wanting to move down.

Comment

AT wants out. We'll see if BB gives him what he wants
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Eagles shopping a pair of pro bowlers?

Rumors are surfacing out of Philadelphia that the Eagles are quietly shopping former pro bowler Shawn Andrews. Andrews, who was a first round pick of the Eagles back in '04 is extremely versatile and can play both tackle and guard. Due to the immergence of Winston Justice this past season, Andrews has become expendable. The Eagles are also reportedly open to hearing offers for running back Brian Westbrook. Westbrook sits second is both all time rushing yards and touchdowns in franchise history.

Comment

The Chicago Sun Times have reported from an inside source from the Bears that Ron Turner has been let go. Their has been a successor named and due to the fact that inside source can be a douche bag he named 3 people as possible successors.

Johnathan Quinn was rumored but after his encounter with a transvestite professor at MidAmerica Nazarene University his name was quickly thrown out the window. So who are the three candidates?

Jim Harbaugh is the favorite for those in Chicago to be named the Offensive Coordinator. The other two candidates are University of Miami's offensive coordintor Mark Whipple and current Quarterbacks coach from the Steelers, Ken Anderson. Both have interesting resumes, the one reason why Anderson is in the mix is that each time he has coached a Qb their completion percentage went up 9% and their INTs decreased 24%.

A press conference will be held at noon Chicago time.
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Tampa Hire Cowher, Demote Morris

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have announced the hiring of former Super Bowl winning coach Bill Cowher. Cowher joins the organisation after spending several seasons in retirement.

"I can't wait to get back out onto the field and do what I love," Cowher said.

"We have an amazing group of players who I am really looking forward to working with. Josh Freeman reminds me a lot of Big Ben and guys like Talib, Joseph and Ruud have me thinking we can become contenders here in Tampa Bay really soon.

Following a 1-15 season Raheem Morris was removed from his post, however the organisation has decided to keep him on as defensive coordinator.

Comment

Giants welcome in their new safety Rhodes

The New York Giants completed a 3 team trade with their stadium mates and doormat of their division today. THe Giants made no swaps with the Redskins however, yet dealt just with the Jets ultimately, giving them DE Mathias Kiwanuka and recieving the Jets 2nd round pick and safety Kerry Rhodes. Rhodes, a 27 year old safety and 1 time Pro Bowler, had fallen out of favor with the Jets and their coaching staff. THe Giants, who've been plagued by injuries and lack of depth at the safety position. Bringing in Rhodes to team up with Kenny Phillips and moving Michael Johnson to the 3rd safety for blitzing and 3rd down purposes sures up the Giants secondary. Also, with the deal, the Giants bring in a 2nd rounder, giving them 2 2nd rounders, and 4 total picks in the first 3 rounds.

Rumor has it the Giants are also looking for a new defensive coordinator after firing the Bill Sheridan. And they're searching in house and out.

Last edited by scottyboy; 12-19-2009, 11:48 AM.
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

In recent news the Bears have made some HUGE Changes!!!!!!

Jerry Angelo has been let go as General Manager and a Director of Football Operations aka Football Czar has been hired. A legend in football Chicago and a god in general in football lore. This hire is coming in to make the Bears what they have been and its time for this large of a changes after many years of mediocrity.

The Chicago Bears are pleased to announce the new President of Football Operations:

Mike Ditka.

Ditka will be following up with a Press conference before they make their draft pick.
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Raiders Welcome DT Gerald McCoy to the Silver and Black

The Raiders went into this draft hoping that one DT would fall to them at 7. Well it didnt happen, but they wanted McCoy so bad, they decided to trade there 4th round pick to get the right to DT Gerald McCoy. McCoy is one of the best DT prospects of the decade according to some scouts. At 6'4 297lbs he is a ideal UT in a 4-3 and will replace the over payed Tommy Kelly. McCoy compares to future hall of famer Warren Sapp and Pro Bowler Tommie Harris. Now it will be interesting what the silver and black will do in the 2nd...

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

According to sources, the Cincinnati Bengals have let Offensive Coordinator Bob Bratkowski go and have hired current Ravens QB coach Hue Jackson in as his replacement. Jackson served as WR coach for the Bengals from 2004-06.

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

Foxboro- Familiar faces back on the New England sidelines as Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel are the once old and now new offensive and defensive coordinators, respectively.
                            Charlie Weis was recently let go by the Fighting Irish and Romeo had taken the year off after being let go as the Cleveland Browns head coach.

We'll see if the big time winning that occured while they were in New England last time occurs again this time
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Chucky is Back!!!

Many thought after signing a deal to be a brodcaster for Mondy Night Football, that Jon Gruden would done coaching in the NFL for some time, well that has changed as he is welcomed back to the Raiders. The Raiders have signed him to a 4 year deal in hopes he can bring them back to the way they were earlier this decade. Former coach Tom Cable has been demoted to Offensive Line Coach.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information