2011 Final Forum Mock Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeTheDudeV2 View Post
    What do you guys think of Carolina's draft?

1-1: QB Cam Newton/Auburn
    3-68: DT Jurrell Casey/USC
    3-97: DT Terrell McClain/South Florida
    4-98: WR Tandon Doss/Indiana
    5-132: TE Julius Thomas/Portland State
    5-168: DE Jeremy Beal/Oklahoma
    6-203: CB Kendric Burney/North Carolina
    7-244: OG Justin Boren/Ohio State
    Obviously I'm not a fan of Newton to Carolina but for a franchise that needs a recognizable face and an injection of talent at the QB position it's a solid pick.
    I'm a big fan of Jurrell Casey and him along with Terrell McClain will provide an immediate upgrade along the defensive line and with those two picks you landed two starters.
    Tandon Doss is someone I like that could come in and compete for the #2 spot opposite Steve Smith. Julius Thomas is a very, very solid selection for Carolina as he provides them with the type of dynamic pass-catching TE that they have lacked for years. He may take a year or two to develop, just like Cam will, but once he's there he will be a threat.
    I like the value of Jeremy Beal and think he could be an effective rotational player. Burney in the 6th and Boren in the 7th are players that can come in and compete for back-up roles and you'll get some special teams potential with Kendrick Burney as well.

Overall it's a solid draft and I really how you addressed the Panthers needs along the defensive front while giving them a unique pass-catching TE that will be a red zone threat.

Overall grade: A-

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Great writeup diab. Any thoughts on my Niners mock above?

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
        49ers Final Results

1 (7) Prince Amukamara - CB - Nebraska
        2 (39) Christian Ponder - QB - Florida State
        3 (76) Dontay Moch - OLB - Nevada
        4 (115) Daniel Thomas - RB - Kansas State
        5 (141) Chimdi Chekwa - CB - Ohio State
        6 (174) Cedric Thornton - DE - Southern Arkansas
        6 (190) Dion Lewis - RB - Pittsburgh
        7 (211) Rob Housler - TE - Florida Atlantic
        7 (231) Stanley Havili - FB - USC
        7 (239) Anthony Gray - NT - Southern Mississippi
        7 (250) Courtney Smith - WR - South Alabama

Thoughts?
        Prince A+. Ponder is a nice pick although highly unlikely he's there at 39 come draft day(haha have used that phrase so much can't believe it is draft day). Love the Daniel Thomas pick in the 4th he's a potential replacement for Gore who can never stay healthy. Chekwa is a steal in the 5th and if he can get consistency and technique to match his physical tools he'll be a steal. Cedric Thornton is another great value pick who can play any spot on the line. I am a bit of a fan of Dion and he can be a good 3rd down back. Housler is a steal and a great backup for VD. Havili I'm a bit on the fence with. More of a HB than FB and he has some injury concerns. Anthony Gray is a nice rotational NT. Courtney Smith has a decent amount of upside. All in all I give you a B nearing a B+. Ulltimately this draft would be determined not on Prince but on if Moch becomes a stud or a bust. I probably would have tried to take at least one other OLB.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
          1) Aaron Williams CB Texas
          2) James Carpenter OL Alabama
          3) DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma
          4) Sione Fua NT Stanford
          5) Chris Hairston OT Clemson
          6) Cortez Allen CB Citadel
          7) David Carter DE UCLA

I'm done with my draft. Thoughts?
          Thoughts on this???

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
            Prince A+. Ponder is a nice pick although highly unlikely he's there at 39 come draft day(haha have used that phrase so much can't believe it is draft day). Love the Daniel Thomas pick in the 4th he's a potential replacement for Gore who can never stay healthy. Chekwa is a steal in the 5th and if he can get consistency and technique to match his physical tools he'll be a steal. Cedric Thornton is another great value pick who can play any spot on the line. I am a bit of a fan of Dion and he can be a good 3rd down back. Housler is a steal and a great backup for VD. Havili I'm a bit on the fence with. More of a HB than FB and he has some injury concerns. Anthony Gray is a nice rotational NT. Courtney Smith has a decent amount of upside. All in all I give you a B nearing a B+. Ulltimately this draft would be determined not on Prince but on if Moch becomes a stud or a bust. I probably would have tried to take at least one other OLB.
            Thanks for the comments. I consider Thaddeus Gibson a new draft pick at OLB. If 2 are drafted in 2011, 1 will be on Practice Squad assuredly. Also, if the 2010 CBA is the base for the 2011 season Manny Lawson will be a RFA giving the team 5 OLBs, 6 if they draft 2 this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
              Thoughts on this???
              IMO other than Aaron Williams and Fua which are both good picks, all your other picks are complete steals. Cater and Hairston could both go a full 2-3 rounds earlier than they got them. Great draft. Maybe 5 tech in the 3rd round would have been better though with the RB depth in this draft class being pretty good.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• 2. Martez Wilson OLB
                3. Jerrel Powe NT
                4. Austin Pettis WR
                4. Jason Pinkston OT
                4. Zane Parr DE
                5. Richard Sherman DB
                6. Andrew Jackson OG
                6. Chris White ILB/OLB
                7. Caleb Jennings KR/RB
                7. Devon Torrence DB

Thoughts? I thought the main thing the Jets needed was OLB/NT/WR (I doubt they can get Braylon/Holmes/Smith back) and the right side of the OL.

I feel like I got the main players in the 4 picks, got a 3-4 DE in Parr, couple of DBs for the secondary, and Smiths eventual (and cheaper) replacement in Caleb, who can also learn from LT for 3rd RB.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information