• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
    It'd be funny if this said, "COOL!"

Comment

• Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
      No, Florida Rednecks tend to get a bit more dressed up for their weddings.

Something like this....

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
        10% is downright mean. You may as well not even tip at that point.

20% is pretty standard for me. I tip 25% on any service I plan to repeat on a regular basis (like I always get my hair cut by the same lady, and I want her to like cutting my hair - so I always tip her well).
        Originally posted by Caddy View Post
        Tipping someone for cutting hair is such a strange phenomenon to me.
        My girlfriend has worked in either a salon or restaurant for most of her working life.

You tip a hairdresser because the money you actually pay for the haircut
        a) goes straight to the salon
        or
        b) will mostly go to pay to rent the salon booth she's using

It's similar to why you tip a tattoo artist. Renting a booth is hella ******* expensive for most stylists.

Also, if you tip a waiter 10%, you're likely taking money out of their pocket. Most restaurants now pool all tips and split them, with 40-50% of the tip money going to cooks, bussers, etc. So when you leave a **** tip, money is actually coming out of the waiters' pockets to tip out the other staff.

I know tipping is a weird thing, but it's basically a way to supplement the house being a total dick in terms of wage to the staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by DraftSavant View Post
          My girlfriend has worked in either a salon or restaurant for most of her working life.

You tip a hairdresser because the money you actually pay for the haircut
          a) goes straight to the salon
          or
          b) will mostly go to pay to rent the salon booth she's using

It's similar to why you tip a tattoo artist. Renting a booth is hella ******* expensive for most stylists.

Also, if you tip a waiter 10%, you're likely taking money out of their pocket. Most restaurants now pool all tips and split them, with 40-50% of the tip money going to cooks, bussers, etc. So when you leave a **** tip, money is actually coming out of the waiters' pockets to tip out the other staff.

I know tipping is a weird thing, but it's basically a way to supplement the house being a total dick in terms of wage to the staff.
          This is not always true... The salon my GF works at gives half commission to the stylists. They charge $52 bucks for a mens cut.

If they have to pay for a booth or are getting paid **** they are at the wrong salon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
            This is not always true... The salon my GF works at gives half commission to the stylists. They charge $52 bucks for a mens cut.

If they have to pay for a booth or are getting paid **** they are at the wrong salon.
            :O

That's just absurd.

But yes, that's why she really doesn't work in salons anymore. She has enough of a clientele now that she just does it on the side and pockets 100% of the money.

Comment

• I overtip almost always. I'm hovering around 25-30% everywhere, including when I get my haircut and almost every time I go to eat.

Being a waiter is a pretty ****** job and if the service is good I usually go overboard.

I dunno what it is. If someone else pays and leaves a small tip I'll usually throw something on top too. Maybe I'm just a nice guy.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• I am a pretty stingy tipper... I always give 15% unless the service sucked but unless you are an awesome human being you are probably only getting 20% max.

That said I have tipped some awesome waiters like $15 on a $30 meal before. Just got to be good at what you do.

Comment

• I tip my delivery drivers pretty good. The other night I got two pizzas, came out to $30, tipped him $20.

I do delivery too and I get paid $4 an hour + tips. Every day there are asshole who do not tip me for delivering food and get really upset if I don't have 20 cents on me to give them change back. I think tipping is a great concept, really bring out the best and worst out of customers and makes you have more incentive to do your job better.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  we all hate you

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by DraftSavant View Post

Please let me know which ones so I can get rich. It is against state labor laws to do that. Having managed a restaurant in college, I had to learn all about that.

Comment

For $52 bucks, I better get more than a haircut - knowhatimsayin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                          I tip my delivery drivers pretty good. The other night I got two pizzas, came out to $30, tipped him $20.

I do delivery too and I get paid $4 an hour + tips. Every day there are asshole who do not tip me for delivering food and get really upset if I don't have 20 cents on me to give them change back. I think tipping is a great concept, really bring out the best and worst out of customers and makes you have more incentive to do your job better.
                          I think tipping is OK, but I don't like that some people are dependent of it in order to pay their bills. I never have to tip since it's included in the price already, but sometimes I do when the service was really good. Tipping $20 on a $30 order is just crazy imo.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                          I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• I have delivered pizza before as well, so I tip them the standard 15% since I know the rough parts of their job. Those parts, btw, have nothing to do with the majority of deliveries. It's those few deliveries to unsavory areas and the crap you have to help do in-between deliveries and after shift that suck.

Comment

• I think when you work off tips you would be tipping more.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                              we all hate you

Comment

What the hell kind of place charges $52 for a mens cut? The place I go to gives me free beer, a hot towel for my face, a massage, straight razor shave, and hair wash all for about $32 including tip.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                                Bortlezzzzzzz
                                Originally posted by Monomach
                                Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information