Clear All

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
    They can fire you if they want if you're are an "at will worker."

No contract, GTFO
    Not without basis.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
      They don't "think" it's legal, they do it for the good of the whole.

They can't fire you, but you can sure as **** watch your shifts dwindle down to working mid-day on Tuesdays and not having your tables bussed or drinks not coming out very quickly.
      Discrimination of that sort leaves a paper trail.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
        Not without basis.
        Yes without basis.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

Comment

• cat in a bath tub
          facebook send via

Comment

• Originally posted by broth223 View Post

This is rather old I can't believe I've never seen this before. But once I saw it I thought strait to our south conversation.
            This video is actually from Huntsville, Alabama. I am one of the people who work at the arsenal who apparently likes to strut my ass to Guntersville. I seriously have no idea what this guy is talking about. I don't know of a single person that has ever walked, run, or strutted their ass to Guntersville.

Originally posted by SolidGold
            Bortlezzzzzzz
            Originally posted by Monomach
            Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• Originally posted by broth223 View Post
              [Attempt to be historical without being political] Arnold was also a great general and war hero before he sold out west point. In fact Arnold was the general and hero in several key battles of the Revolution including Ticonderoga, Saratoga, and another in the Albany area but I was being purposefully controversial because when you get down to brass tacks he was still a traitor he was an American who fought against the United States. History books will gussy it up by calling the Union but it was the American people who elected an american president and lee was the lead general who fought against what is currently our country. I find it strange that we celebrate one traitor and demonize another. [/attempt]
              Big difference between the two. Benedict Arnold conspired against his country. When Virginia seceded, Lee was forced to choose between his country and his home. Also worth noting that Lee was a prominent Union figure both before and after the war.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                Yes without basis.
                No, they can't. Even as a waiter/waitress, your employer has to have a rational reason to fire you. That's why even employers such as Dominoes and Pizza Hut for example have an employee handbook that that you sign when you begin employment.

Comment

• Comment

No, they can't. Even as a waiter/waitress, your employer has to have a rational reason to fire you. That's why even employers such as Dominoes and Pizza Hut for example have an employee handbook that that you sign when you begin employment.
                    Me thinks you need to read up on at will employment law, my friend. In North Carolina, a company can fire you, without basis, at any time. You can also leave said company, without basis, at any time. Most of the time, companies do not follow this because of varying laws from state-to-state. But if a company only operates within an "at will" state, they can release you from employment at their discretion.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                    Titty sprinkles

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post

I wish the skinny kid would have died. I also wish that they didn't suspend the chubby one.

If I ever worked at a zoo, I'd probably be fired for messing with the animals. I'd throw a football at the gorilla and see if he could be more accurate than Tebow when he throws it back.
                      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                        Me thinks you need to read up on at will employment law, my friend. In North Carolina, a company can fire you, without basis, at any time. You can also leave said company, without basis, at any time. Most of the time, companies do not follow this because of varying laws from state-to-state. But if a company only operates within an "at will" state, they can release you from employment at their discretion.
                        Release and fire are two different things. They have to be in order to protect legitimate business interest and against well-fare/unemployment fraud.

Comment

Release and fire are two different things. They have to be in order to protect legitimate business interest and against well-fare/unemployment fraud.
                          From the NC Dept of Labor site:

The term "Employment-at-Will" simply means that unless there is a specific law to protect employees or there is an employment contract providing otherwise, then an employer can treat its employees as it sees fit (including the assignment of demeaning tasks) and the employer can discharge an employee at the will of the employer for any reason or no reason at all.
                          Obviously it could vary from state to state, but there is no distinction between being fired and being laid-off in at at-will state. I don't agree in the morality of it, but it's mostly to keep unions and such out of the state (or at least limit their control over a company's ability to fire a worker).

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                          Titty sprinkles

Comment

• It's the same way in Texas. We're a "right-to-work" state (or something in that diction) and people can be fired for no reason. If I am mistaken, a lot of the anti-worker laws were passed after WWII because of all the anti-communist sentiment, assuming that worker's rights obviously inspire people to be communists.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• These are the worst and most unfunny pictures I've ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                                These are the worst and most unfunny pictures I've ever seen.
                                Fixed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information