• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
    haha Flying Elvis just made himself look like a douche didnt he
    LIES!!

I take pride in my obstinacy.

To that end, I always check before claiming a word does not exist using the old standards in dictionaries: Merriam-Webster and Cambridge.

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    Very true now that a re-read it. It was worded tricky ;)
    We are in agreement then Elvis.
    Tricksome hobbitses . . .

We are in agreement and I completely misread you statement first, since you clearly stated it "is common among most people." ;)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
      LIES!!

I take pride in my obstinacy.

To that end, I always check before claiming a word does not exist using the old standards in dictionaries: Merriam-Webster and Cambridge.
      Tricksome hobbitses . . .

We are in agreement and I completely misread you statement first, since you clearly stated it "is common among most people." ;)

If those are the only sources you use to make sure that words are real, then good luck if you ever have to write a paper about the internet and the hundreds, if not thousands, of new words it's development has brought with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        If those are the only sources you use to make sure that words are real, then good luck if you ever have to write a paper about the internet and the hundreds, if not thousands, of new words it's development has brought with it.
        My days of paper writing are behind me, but those 2 are generally updated as slang terms become accepted words. The fact that the internet accepts them does not make them words. The exact opposite of what you tell me can be said right back.

This retcon is an excellent example as it is not really a word. Rather, it is an accepted contraction of 2 words. The availability of a definition on the web does not mean it is truly a word. I can find the definition for PIIDB but that doesn't make it a word.

Comment

My days of paper writing are behind me, but those 2 are generally updated as slang terms become accepted words. The fact that the internet accepts them does not make them words. The exact opposite of what you tell me can be said right back.

This retcon is an excellent example as it is not really a word. Rather, it is an accepted contraction of 2 words. The availability of a definition on the web does not mean it is truly a word. I can find the definition for PIIDB but that doesn't make it a word.
          Well, we're living in a time where lines like what is "real" and not are becoming more and more blurred.......

So maybe it's not a "real" "word" but it's......an accepted word with a fairly widely known definition. I think if you used it in a paper, and then defined it after it's first use, it would be ok to keep using. I've done that plenty with other modern slang kind of words.

Comment

Usage is existence.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              Well, we're living in a time where lines like what is "real" and not are becoming more and more blurred.......

So maybe it's not a "real" "word" but it's......an accepted word with a fairly widely known definition. I think if you used it in a paper, and then defined it after it's first use, it would be ok to keep using. I've done that plenty with other modern slang kind of words.
              I completely agree.

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
              Usage is existence.
              Existence was never in question.

All I was doing was making a point to parry the attack of the Wang. lol
              Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
              haha Flying Elvis just made himself look like a douche didnt he

Comment

• All kidding aside, it was me who tried to give her the rose.
                Now I want my apology :)

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                  All kidding aside, it was me who tried to give her the rose.
                  Now I want my apology :)
                  You mean an apology from your parents for buying you those clothes and letting you leave the house in them, right?

Comment

• ^A Bonekrusher production^
                    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                          We were blessed with this hilarious image on page 162!

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                            We were blessed with this hilarious image on page 162!
                            Darn it. I need to keep more up to date on my funny pictures.

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                              Priceless. Apparently another satisfied customer of a telecommunications company.

Comment

• Ya know, I've never really had a problem with Verizon......they're the only cell phone service that works really well where I go to school in a rural area and I've never had any major problems with them. So I just don't get the hate they receive some of the time.

Comcast on the other hand.....I ******* hate Comcast.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information