Funny Pictures Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
    Advanced gym sounds terrible. For their sake, I hope this was an all-boys school. I understand if you want to be competitive, I certainly tried to an extent, but you just can't take it too seriously.
    Luckily, I almost always had gym at the end of the day. Even if you're barely trying, that's a massive plus come springtime.
    No, I was co-ed, but there were only a very few girls that signed up for advanced gym, i.e. some of the girls who played varsity sports.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• We just called it elective gym.
      All the fun of gym class, none of the crap.
      No timed mile. No timed anything.

Just dodgeball, kick ball, pickleball, softball, a little lacrosse and a whole lot of sitting in the bleachers watching freshman run the mile.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
        We just called it elective gym.

Just dodgeball, kick ball, pickleball, softball, a little lacrosse and a whole lot of sitting in the bleachers watching freshman run the mile.
        That is a completely different story, advanced gym, for our school, was for the ones who wanted to compete, but they also had the timed mile, and the pacer, all of which were part of the grade. The difference was the games could be full contact and people went all out, which is why not many girls signed up for advanced gym.

Comment

We just called it elective gym.

That reminds me of the non-swimmers aquatics classes my school had. They did everything except swim, it seems, in that class. It was pointless calling it aquatics. Apparently, they only spent a total of two weeks in the pool. That class was made fun of so bad because it was the kids who were afraid to swim, or couldn't/wouldn't learn how to.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
            That is a completely different story, advanced gym, for our school, was for the ones who wanted to compete, but they also had the timed mile, and the pacer, all of which were part of the grade. The difference was the games could be full contact and people went all out, which is why not many girls signed up for advanced gym.
            We were supposed to, but our teacher just didnt give a **** since it was all senior football players mostly and during the fall semester he wasnt gonna make us run right before practice.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

No, I was co-ed, but there were only a very few girls that signed up for advanced gym, i.e. some of the girls who played varsity sports.
              It is my understanding that these guys just do not understand what gym class is about.

We never had to do any of this timed mile stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                UH-OH!
                Who is that in the middle? Ricky Martin?

Comment

We were supposed to, but our teacher just didnt give a **** since it was all senior football players mostly and during the fall semester he wasnt gonna make us run right before practice.
                  I can see that. It makes a little more sense if that is the case.
                  Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                  It is my understanding that these guys just do not understand what gym class is about.

We never had to do any of this timed mile stuff.
                  Its not the students choice, in my school, EVERYONE had to do a timed mile, as well as a pacer (which, if you never had one, SUCKS BALLS [it is a test that you run about 90 feet as many times as possible, but the time restriction get less and less as you get further along]) We did these twice each gym at the beginning of the semester, and at the end, to gauge how we improved (like gym would really improve anyone's physique, lmao). Also in these tests were how many situps, pushups, how high you could do your trunk lift, and your BMI calculations.

My school district is the one that caught all that media attention for sending out the "Fat Letters", if anyone remembers that.

Comment

• "Gym" was optional for my last two years at school(all boys for what it is worth). Was certainly better once you let all the drop kicks who didn't want to be there get out. Can't see the point of forcing physical activity on those that don't want it, just brings everyone else down.

I also most likely fit squarely into that "dickish" alpha male that was mentioned, I love competing and don't really see the point of playing a sport if you aren't interested in at least trying to be the best or win.

I used to hate volleyball though, just was never that fun outside of serving as I just couldn't influence the game enough, especially as a short ass when it comes to volleyball. Not a sport for people under 6'3 at the very least. Sort of let me know how others feel when they went up against me in any contact sport ;)

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Its not the students choice, in my school, EVERYONE had to do a timed mile, as well as a pacer (which, if you never had one, SUCKS BALLS [it is a test that you run about 90 feet as many times as possible, but the time restriction get less and less as you get further along]) We did these twice each gym at the beginning of the semester, and at the end, to gauge how we improved (like gym would really improve anyone's physique, lmao). Also in these tests were how many situps, pushups, how high you could do your trunk lift, and your BMI calculations.
                      That pacer thing is so awful. I have shin splints in both my legs, which means I can't run long distances, but I was always too proud to quit on that thing before the others, so I always ended up still doing 10 to 13 minutes of that ****, and not being able to walk for like an hour after.

Comment

• as well as a pacer (which, if you never had one, SUCKS BALLS [it is a test that you run about 90 feet as many times as possible, but the time restriction get less and less as you get further along])
                        The old Beep test. Loved those things. I remember failing one because I was ******* around on the piss easy early levels, teacher kicked me out in the 8s and refused to let me back in, I still remember reporting it to the head of sports and he made the teacher let me take it again, as I said... competitive and couldn't take the fact I had something less than an A in that test. We had one freak in our year who could finish the tape, was absurd.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                          The old Beep test. Loved those things. I remember failing one because I was ******* around on the piss easy early levels, teacher kicked me out in the 8s and refused to let me back in, I still remember reporting it to the head of sports and he made the teacher let me take it again, as I said... competitive and couldn't take the fact I had something less than an A in that test. We had one freak in our year who could finish the tape, was absurd.
                          I had a bunch of people finish those damn things in my gym classes, even as young as 6th grade. Most of them were cross country runners, but nonetheless I would still feel worthless after only doing 40-45. I think I had one class where 6 people finished it, I just wanted to cry. I used hockey and dogeball and any non-(strictly)running activity to exact my revenge, haha.

Also, I feel the same way about the "I was probably that asshole jock" type thing. The way I see it, if you're going to do something, what's the point in doing it if you aren't trying, or trying to win (or impress the ladies, haha).

Comment

• I was a "gym class hero", I didnt like yell at people, push everyone around, and grunt all the time, like some others, but I did try hard. Gym was the best part of school. lol. Especially when we had our volleyball, basketball, flag football, and baseball tourneys. Good times. Playing Lacrosse, soccer, rip flag, tennis. Not as much fun.

And then when you drew "health" instead of gym class. Ugh. Depressing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              I was a "gym class hero", I didnt like yell at people, push everyone around, and grunt all the time, like some others, but I did try hard. Gym was the best part of school. lol. Especially when we had our volleyball, basketball, flag football, and baseball tourneys. Good times. Playing Lacrosse, soccer, rip flag, tennis. Not as much fun.

And then when you drew "health" instead of gym class. Ugh. Depressing.
                              The only upside for me during health was I had a hot teacher for it during the Sex -Ed part.

But yeah, having a kick ass time in gym then finding out next semester was health sucked ass.

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

The only upside for me during health was I had a hot teacher for it during the Sex -Ed part.

But yeah, having a kick ass time in gym then finding out next semester was health sucked ass.
                                Well that's a plus at least. I had a butch lesbian with a hair lip. *****, *****, *****, vagina, vagina, vagina.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information