No announcement yet.

Funny Pictures Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't macs have a pretty sweet student discount?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
          in my graphic design classes we have to have a mac. of course one guy has a pc laptop with all the adobe software on it, so it's not completely mandatory.

yeah, only downside of a mac is that they're expensive. but if you are in certain fields that require good sound or graphics editing then macs are the way to go. no viruses/freeze ups either

but i really don't wanna make this a mac/pc thread.
          incorrect. most people don't make viruses for mac, it a majority of PC viruses, but your mac can get one if its created for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
            incorrect. most people don't make viruses for mac, it a majority of PC viruses, but your mac can get one if its created for it.
            Macs have less "freeze-ups" but they do happen. It's just easier to be a lazy/careless computer user if you have a Mac.

Comment

• Comment

That isn't entirely accurate. It is more difficult (but not impossible) to create a Mac virus it has something to do with permissions allocation or something like that.
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

yeah obviously. What I mean is that if you have a mac you pretty much never get a virus or freeze up whereas on the PC you get 'em all the time. Not saying it's impossible, just improbable.

I think I've gotten one freeze up on a mac over a time where my PC has gotten a whole bunch.

Comment

• worker bees can leave
                    even drones can fly away
                    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                        Doesnt this belong in the Happy Birthday Prock thread?

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

• I call dibs on the blue-shirted boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            yeah obviously. What I mean is that if you have a mac you pretty much never get a virus or freeze up whereas on the PC you get 'em all the time. Not saying it's impossible, just improbable.

I think I've gotten one freeze up on a mac over a time where my PC has gotten a whole bunch.
                            We have macs where I work and I have at least one major issue a week...be it the rainbow death wheel when I'm trying to save something or the comp just deciding to move hella slow for no apparent reason. It was the exact same thing in my high school and college graphics classes.

I got a pirated version of photoshop for PC from a friend in order to finish some projects for a photography class I had last year because i got sick of the damn macs in the lab freezing up and crashing when I'd try to save things. This version wasn't even the latest version, but I didn't have a single problem with it and it passed the class easily.

In fact, I've had my HP laptop for a little over 2 years now, never a major problem. Got Avast! and I haven't had a single virus issue either. My roommate 2 years ago had some little problem with his mac and had to send it away for a few weeks to get fixed because the computer repair place in town doesn't deal with macs. I had a great gaming desktop at the time me and some of my friends put together, and it literally caught fire....not even joking....not even hyperbole...it actually caught fire on the inside...I took it to that same store and they had it working in 2 days.

Macs just aren't worth it to me, and how they get away saying same of things they advertise about them without getting nailed by some kind of false advertising is beyond me. Between the ones I've used for work, class and the one's people around me have had, they've all had some major issue that I've never had with any of my pc's. (Besides the one that caught fire, but that was me and friends fault for putting it together kind of screwy....hardware issue...)

Blegh......that was too off topic. Funny picture time:

Comment

• Best. Shirt. Ever.

Lil Troy victory.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information