No announcement yet.

Official John from Cincinnati thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It hardly glamorizes anything, It actually does the opposite. It stays pretty true to life. IMO The Wire> The Sopranos>>>>>24, but I will not debate with you over something you have never watched.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
      It hardly glamorizes anything, It actually does the opposite. It stays pretty true to life. IMO The Wire> The Sopranos>>>>>24, but I will not debate with you over something you have never watched.
      Well obviously I have no standing to agree or disagree on the greatness of The Wire but I may have to check it out. Answer me this, is it similar to the quality of Homicide: Life on the Streets?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
        Well obviously I have no standing to agree or disagree on the greatness of The Wire but I may have to check it out. Answer me this, is it similar to the quality of Homicide: Life on the Streets?
        Yes, its the same writers/creators of Homicide so it is similar. You will see some familiar faces if you were a fan of Homicide. If you have ever saw The Corner, its very similar to that also. Its a great show with great actors, I reccomend it whole heartedly. My girlfriend never watched it than we bought the first season on DVD and she watched the whole thing in a couple days, since than she has bought every season and watched them within the span of a month or 2. Its addicting. Mostly every character is derived from a real life counterpart from the cops to the dealers to the politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
          Yes, its the same writers/creators of Homicide so it is similar. You will see some familiar faces if you were a fan of Homicide. If you have ever saw The Corner, its very similar to that also. Its a great show with great actors, I reccomend it whole heartedly. My girlfriend never watched it than we bought the first season on DVD and she watched the whole thing in a couple days, since than she has bought every season and watched them within the span of a month or 2. Its addicting. Mostly every character is derived from a real life counterpart from the cops to the dealers to the politicians.

Well then I must give a watch, the same thing occurred with 24. Never understood the hype and didn't watch the first 5 seasons, then one day I caught a rerun on A & E and was hooked. I proceeded to catch up on the entire series before the start of season 6.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Yeah its worth watching, it was created by a newspaper writer for the Sun who covered all the drug wars and a ex baltimore police who ran wire taps on all the real life baltimore king pins.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information