X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
    Kevin Durant = Rashard Lewis

Greg Oden = David Robinson

I love both players but I'd take Oden. Hes just amazing to watch and I cant wait to see him in the NBA. He plays the more important position and hed instantly be top 5 C in the league.
    To compare Durant to Rashard Lewis isnt bad, I think durant can be a much better pro than Lewis though. I compare him to Kevin Garnett with more range and more athleticism, but not the post game KG has.

I dont think you can really compare the 2. I believe they will both be NBA all-stars. At the college level It's gotta be Durant, you need someone who can completely take over the game, and thats what Durant does.

In the NBA however you cant find Centers falling from trees.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow
      Wow. Someone else besides me with the Rashard Lewis comparison for Durant. Nice. And that's who I'd compare him to in every facet except for athleticism. If Durant can develop that real killer instinct (through defense or just aggressive play), no matter what kind of Center Oden could be, I'd take Durant. But as it stands, it's Oden by a mile.

Originally posted by DLS42
      Oden dissapears when he plays big front lines, or Hansbrough. Tyler dropped 38 on oden and had 15 :shock: blocks.
      And im saying the impact is the same, not the styles. but the where the were ranked now and where cuse was this time that year. Im just sayingt they could be primed for a long run in NCAA's.
      This is a very good point. Oden was absolutely nowhere to be found in that game against UNC.

...Oh wait. He wasn't playing because he was scheduled to come back in a month (though came back in a week). As for big front lines, well, I'd disagree. He doesn't disappear at all. He just gets tired, and knows that he can't do everything he wants to do due to the fact that he's their only legitimate post player and has to conserve his fouls. Against Florida, he played the best 4/5 combo in the nation in a fast-paced, high tempo game. And in the Big Ten play, he hasn't disappeared in the slightest. The physicality, as he's stated, has been new to him, and he has played some solid, deep fronts, but still has managed to look good. Not really sure where you got any of that from.
      I meant in high school when Hans played oden.

Comment

Before the season would have started I would have said Oden without a doubt.... but now im saying Durant... Come on Sixers keep losing so you can get this kid.
        Originally posted by nvot9
        I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
        Indianapolis Colts 13-3
        Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
        Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
        Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Oden has more upside. There are VERY few good centers, and only a couple of great ones.

Comment

I would love either, but I would want Greg Oden.
            But as a Celtics fan....I'll take either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

the problem I have with Oden now is he defers, and doesn't demand the ball. Using his left hand certainly hurts, but he should still want the ball. He just kind of gets sloppy position in the paint and waits for someone to pass him the ball, and if not...thats ok. Durant takes the ball in the clutch and plays with passion.

Comment

Wow. Someone else besides me with the Rashard Lewis comparison for Durant. Nice. And that's who I'd compare him to in every facet except for athleticism. If Durant can develop that real killer instinct (through defense or just aggressive play), no matter what kind of Center Oden could be, I'd take Durant. But as it stands, it's Oden by a mile.

Oden dissapears when he plays big front lines, or Hansbrough. Tyler dropped 38 on oden and had 15 :shock: blocks.
                And im saying the impact is the same, not the styles. but the where the were ranked now and where cuse was this time that year. Im just sayingt they could be primed for a long run in NCAA's.
                This is a very good point. Oden was absolutely nowhere to be found in that game against UNC.

...Oh wait. He wasn't playing because he was scheduled to come back in a month (though came back in a week). As for big front lines, well, I'd disagree. He doesn't disappear at all. He just gets tired, and knows that he can't do everything he wants to do due to the fact that he's their only legitimate post player and has to conserve his fouls. Against Florida, he played the best 4/5 combo in the nation in a fast-paced, high tempo game. And in the Big Ten play, he hasn't disappeared in the slightest. The physicality, as he's stated, has been new to him, and he has played some solid, deep fronts, but still has managed to look good. Not really sure where you got any of that from.
                Ah. Well then I don't really think bringing it up is all too applicable at all, considering that was HS. But seriously, we'll see what these two are really made of in the tournament.
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Ah. Well then I don't really think bringing it up is all too applicable at all, considering that was HS. But seriously, we'll see what these two are really made of in the tournament.
                  I think 15 blocks and 35+ points is prtty applicable.

Comment

hopefully greg will be a celtic

Comment

if anyone goes to college it can only make them better such as Gerald Green, Darius Miles so u can compare them all u want cause Darius had Durant's potential outta high school maybe even better Darius would have benefited greatly from going to St. Johns with Omar Cook

Comment

I'll take Chase Budinger....

oh wait.. we have him already. :D

Comment

In college i'll take Durant, but it's easily oden in the NBA

Durant will have to add 20+ pounds of muscle, and if he wants to add the post game to his repetoire than it's more like 35+.

Oden's worst case scenario in the NBA would be Ben Wallace. If he stopped getting coached and developing he could still be that good.

Sig by Me

Comment

NBA version of NFLDC, just no forums.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

Comment

I think both are great players, but I think that Oden is going #1.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have to say Durant.Most players averages drop in conferance play but he's averaging ungodly numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information