No announcement yet.

Kevin Durant vs. Greg Oden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Mavericks had to be so baddass and awesome. Oh well, just hoping the Griz will be out of the Top 2 picks. Don't want to have either in the same division as dallas.

Comment

I don't really agree with the thought that Durant can't be something special at SF. I think he has more potential at SF, personally. That's not really what's holding him back from being an elite.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow
        I don't really agree with the thought that Durant can't be something special at SF. I think he has more potential at SF, personally. That's not really what's holding him back from being an elite.
        more talent at sf? if he can gain a couple pounds of muscle he would be an elite PF in the league. yes he woudl be very good at sf but not nearly the player he would be at PF

Comment

I don't know. I just think that when you have a guy that's that big, he'd be a giant mismatch if he can play SF. Not another SF in the league could realistically guard him if he lived up to his potential. At PF, regardless if he puts on the pounds, he's bottled up in the post more often than not, both offensively and defensively, while he has the ability to do so much more.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by DChess
            more talent at sf? if he can gain a couple pounds of muscle he would be an elite PF in the league. yes he woudl be very good at sf but not nearly the player he would be at PF
            Thats eexactly what im trying to say. At PF his skillset would set him apart from almost everyone in the league and make him something really special. At SF he will be an allstar probably but his skillset wont seem as impressive at SF hed be just another SF, not that theres anything wrong with that.

Comment

I don't know. I just think that when you have a guy that's that big, he'd be a giant mismatch if he can play SF. Not another SF in the league could realistically guard him if he lived up to his potential. At PF, regardless if he puts on the pounds, he's bottled up in the post more often than not, both offensively and defensively, while he has the ability to do so much more.
              Sums it up. He will be a great Small Forward.

His game doesnt translate to a power forwards game.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

Originally posted by ncbigbody

Rashard Lewis is 6'10 and he doesnt present that big of a mismatch to alot of the SFs in hte league.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                  Originally posted by ncbigbody

Rashard Lewis is 6'10 and he doesnt present that big of a mismatch to alot of the SFs in hte league.
                  That'd pretty much be a lie. No one has ever been able to guard him on the wing. Simply no one. He's had more trouble trying to post someone up like, say, a PF would, but nothing outside. Rashard is a huge mismatch, but just happens to lack the passion to do anything special in the league. It has nothing to do with his size or ability, because from that standpoint, he'd be one of the best SFs in the league. But since he doesn't have the same kind of drive, like a Charlie V, he settles for mediocrity (what's funny though is that even with half the drive he was able to make an All-Star appearance).

Comment

In the little I've watched Durant, I'm not sure I've seen him score with his back towards the basket.

Aside from his lack of build, that's why he won't be able to play PF.
                    Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

These kids are freshman in College. They have so much time to develop and become elite at both the college and the pro game. Right now, you have to go oden. But if both stay a year this Durant kid is something special. Both will be stars in the NBA, i just think with the versatility of Durant he will be a a force t o be reckoned with.

Both are fabulous.

Comment

12 for 13 sounds pretty good for oden.
                        Peyton Manning Fanboy
                        Originally posted by Complex
                        They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bernbabybern820
                          12 for 13 sounds pretty good for oden.
                          Not to mention 6/6 from the line still shooting with his opposite hand.

Offensively, it looks like Durant could be the better player... But defensively, Oden has Durant beat by a mile. It's not even close.

That's what gives Oden the definate edge. Any team that plays Ohio State avoids the paint. They get scared when they drive... just his presence down low is great defence as it is.

Once his wrist heals, he could show his dominance offensively soon too.... not like 12/13 is dominant as it is.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

saw highlights of ogden last night...hes a beast.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information