No announcement yet.

The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw the movie last night . . . it was a worthless piece of crap.

The books, however, are genius.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• How would you rank the six Harry Potter books that have come out thus far?

For me, it'd probably be something like this...

1. Half Blood Prince
      2. Goblet of Fire
      3. Prisoner of Azkaban
      4. Chamber of Secrets
      5. Sorceror's Stone
      6. Order of the Phoenix

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
        How would you rank the six Harry Potter books that have come out thus far?

1. Half Blood Prince
        2. Goblet of Fire
        3. Prisoner of Azkaban
        4. Chamber of Secrets
        5. Sorceror's Stone
        6. Order of the Phoenix
        My opinion on which books are better change every time I read through them. atm, id say...

1. Goblet of Fire
        2. Half Blood Prince
        3. Prisoner of Azkaban
        4. Order of the Phoenix
        5. Sorcerers/Philosophers Stone
        6. Chamber of Secrets

Comment

1. Half Blood Prince
          2. Goblet of Fire
          3. Prisoner of Azkaban
          4. Chamber of Secrets
          5. Sorceror's Stone
          6. Order of the Phoenix
          That's almost exactly how I'd put them except I think I'd switch Sorcerer's Stone with Order of the Phoenix.

Comment

1. Half Blood Prince
            2. Goblet of Fire
            3. Prisoner of Azkaban
            4. Chamber of Secrets
            5. Sorceror's Stone
            6. Order of the Phoenix
            For me, it looks like this:

1) Prisoner of Azkaban (why, I am not entirely sure)
            2) Order of the Phoenix
            3) Goblet of Fire
            4) Chamber of Secrets
            5) Half Blood Prince
            6) Sorceror's Stone
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
              For me, it looks like this:

1) Prisoner of Azkaban (why, I am not entirely sure)
              2) Order of the Phoenix
              3) Goblet of Fire
              4) Chamber of Secrets
              5) Half Blood Prince
              6) Sorceror's Stone
              Really? Half Blood Prince was definitely my favorite. Why do you have it ranked so low (I know people have different opinions but I just want to know)?

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• hmm, I don't want to read through all 8 pages...but has anyone realized that some fine looking girls have been picked out for the movies??

Even Luna is above average
                Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  IMO, the first book is separate from the series. According to JK the 2-7 are all the same story just different parts of it. I think she started out making a kids book but later shifted to a book more aimed at all ages, hence there's now childrens books and adult versions.

I honestly believe she decided half way through the series to make them more mature in themes. Yeah they're targetted at young adults, but not at the expense of making them enjoyable for all ages.
                  Actually, you're a bit off. As her audience grew up, so did her books. Instead of changing her target audience, she allowed her writing to evolve as their reading skills did. Those who read and found the first book interested, despite being much older, can still read and find the last one interesting.

Comment

• As far as ranking the books. First let me say, the first 3 and the last 3 I view as completely different. So, for the first 3, I'd have to say 3, 1, then 2. I wasn't a big fan of COS. As far as the last, more involved 3.

Half-blood Prince: Just simply the best, most involved book, IMO.
                    Goblet of Fire: Absolutely loved it. First really deep and involved book. Plus, had a unique story outline.
                    Order of the Pheonix: Never liked this one, because the first half of the book is just harry going through depression, got boring.

Comment

• It's amazing how hopeless the seventh book looks, after re-reading the sixth book. What with Dumbledore gone, Bill injured, etc., and the seemingly insurmountable task at hand at finding, and destroying the remaining horcruxes. Not to mention the fact that they have to find someway to kill Voldemort after the horcruxes are destroyed.

Hitman D

Comment

It's amazing how hopeless the seventh book looks, after re-reading the sixth book. What with Dumbledore gone, Bill injured, etc., and the seemingly insurmountable task at hand at finding, and destroying the remaining horcruxes. Not to mention the fact that they have to find someway to kill Voldemort after the horcruxes are destroyed.
                        I wouldn't be surprised if after a few horcruxes went boom Voldemort came looking for a blue.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                          I wouldn't be surprised if after a few horcruxes went boom Voldemort came looking for a blue.
                          Voldemort can't feel the Horcruxes being destroyed.

Hitman D

Comment

• It doesnt mean that Voldemort wont check up on his Horcruxes.And didnt Snape have to cure Dumbledore after he got Marvolos ring?Any chance he knew what was going on?
                            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

• Yes Snape did cure DD. The thing is I can't seem to remember if DD had to tell snape how it happened in order for Snape to cure it. I'm reading a book 7 fanfict and it appears that Snape did know about the horcrux's but I don't buy it. Because DD said to Harry in HBP that they were the only two that knew about the Horcrux's.

Speaking of which...is there anyone in here who does infact think Snape is on the dark side? I'd like to see opinions of people who think he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                                Yes Snape did cure DD. The thing is I can't seem to remember if DD had to tell snape how it happened in order for Snape to cure it. I'm reading a book 7 fanfict and it appears that Snape did know about the horcrux's but I don't buy it. Because DD said to Harry in HBP that they were the only two that knew about the Horcrux's.

Speaking of which...is there anyone in here who does infact think Snape is on the dark side? I'd like to see opinions of people who think he is.
                                I just don't like the guy so I just hope he is evil so he can get his ass kicked. Based on what I've seen people saying, he is probably good, but I hope not.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information