No announcement yet.

The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another topic that goes overlooked as commie pointed out a few posts back. What if DD was wrong. What if Nagini isn't a horcrux. Wouldn't that put a twist in things. If Nagini isn't a Horcrux I'm going to go with Harry is one. Harry Potter dying would clinch the series for me of being untouchable.

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
      Really? Half Blood Prince was definitely my favorite. Why do you have it ranked so low (I know people have different opinions but I just want to know)?
      I don't know really, I just didn't find HBP to be quite as interesting as some of the other books.

I have a hard time ranking them at all. They should be viewed as a whole, IMO.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
        Another topic that goes overlooked as commie pointed out a few posts back. What if DD was wrong. What if Nagini isn't a horcrux. Wouldn't that put a twist in things. If Nagini isn't a Horcrux I'm going to go with Harry is one. Harry Potter dying would clinch the series for me of being untouchable.
        Not a bad theory, but then again the prohecy the old bird spat out was "neither can live while the other survives" which says to me, only one of them is going to croak it. Voldemort only performed a ritual on him once and that was the 4th book to bring him back to life. From all accounts he just blasted harry in the initial encounter and then from books 2-4 he didn't face voldemort until book 5 when he wouldn't have had time either.

Comment

Another topic that goes overlooked as commie pointed out a few posts back. What if DD was wrong. What if Nagini isn't a horcrux. Wouldn't that put a twist in things. If Nagini isn't a Horcrux I'm going to go with Harry is one. Harry Potter dying would clinch the series for me of being untouchable.
          I just can't find Harry being a horocrux likely. Seeing as Voldemort's soul would be part of him. Idk though it would explain why they are similiar, it's all speculation at this point

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Unlogical though. That would mean harry has to kill himself then have someone else kill voldy.

I do however believe the snake is not a horcrux. I think that instead of either ravenclaw or gryph, there will be one of each. For some reason, as odd as it seems, I think the sword or gryph might be one.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
              Not a bad theory, but then again the prohecy the old bird spat out was "neither can live while the other survives" which says to me, only one of them is going to croak it. Voldemort only performed a ritual on him once and that was the 4th book to bring him back to life. From all accounts he just blasted harry in the initial encounter and then from books 2-4 he didn't face voldemort until book 5 when he wouldn't have had time either.
              He faced voldamort in book 4.

Comment

• since no one else seems to think harry is a horcrux, im gonna go ahead and call that he is a horcrux.

Comment

• There's no way Harry's a Horcrux. Voldemort split his soul in seven, and planted the Horcruxes long before he went after James & Lily. To make something a Horcrux, it takes difficult magic, and he would have had to had Harry for a good period of time, not to mention that Harry had no significant meaning to him, because he figured he would be dead in a few seconds the moment he met him.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                  <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                  <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

• Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
                    There's no way Harry's a Horcrux. Voldemort split his soul in seven, and planted the Horcruxes long before he went after James & Lily. To make something a Horcrux, it takes difficult magic, and he would have had to had Harry for a good period of time, not to mention that Harry had no significant meaning to him, because he figured he would be dead in a few seconds the moment he met him.
                    If I'm remebering right, didn't Dumbledore say he thought Voldemort was going to make his 7th horcux the night in which he killed Harry? Something a long the line of Voldemort only created horcux's over significant murders. Again, if I'm remembering right, him failing in killing Harry was the reason in Dumbledore's speculation in why his snake was made into one.

rainbeaukid

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloDraftGeek View Post
                      He faced voldamort in book 4.
                      And Tom Riddle and the Basilk in Book 2

sig by VLS
                      Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                      I don't care...

Comment

• Originally posted by Javzz View Post
                        If I'm remebering right, didn't Dumbledore say he thought Voldemort was going to make his 7th horcux the night in which he killed Harry? Something a long the line of Voldemort only created horcux's over significant murders. Again, if I'm remembering right, him failing in killing Harry was the reason in Dumbledore's speculation in why his snake was made into one.
                        Yeah, but he wouldn't have been able to do so as just 1/7th of a soul, which is what he was after he attacked Harry.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

• Another point of speculation that I found kinda interesting. Voldy really wanted to get a peice of all 4 of the founders. Knowing that the Sword and Hat were unattainable he decided to turn Goderic's tomb into a horcrux...maybe not the tomb but a statue or something...I don't find this likely..s.ince once again a horcrux open to the public could be very stupid..but it definately would make sense from the founder standpoint. It would also make sense how the killing spell backfired and accidentally turned harry into a horcrux. I'm not ubying this topic either but i just thought i would throw it out there.

Comment

• He keeps trying to kill harry and tried again in book 5, in book 6 he said it had to be him to kill him when snape fragged dumbledore and was running away.

He wouldn't make him into a horcrux just to kill him later, otherwise he'd be trying to keep him alive.

Comment

• supposedly the harry potter 7th book is up online. Yes... all of it. An employee must've stole it. A picture of every page has been taken (grand total of 754). I haven't downloaded it myself so i cant tell you if i think it's authentic or not. Reading online hurts my eyes and it's a grip load to dl. But if any of you guys are interested, it's on Piratebay (download torrent file) uploaded by a guy named Yamathan. Cheers.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• From what I've "heard" it is real, apparently, from what I've "heard" it is difficult to read.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information