No announcement yet.

The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my friend who is reading it says it's "TOO GOOD TO STOP NOW". He was on page 180 before he went to sleep. He didn't tell me any spoilers tho, but w/the online leakage, im sure there will be plenty of spoilers floating around before the book comes out...

...hell, I hated how I knew about Snape's murder of Dumbledore before I got to that part.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• If you're posting spoilers, as per warned you will get your ass kicked.

Comment

• That's probably just speculation on his part.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• All I know is there's a copy now circulating the internets.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
            Another point of speculation that I found kinda interesting. Voldy really wanted to get a peice of all 4 of the founders. Knowing that the Sword and Hat were unattainable he decided to turn Goderic's tomb into a horcrux...maybe not the tomb but a statue or something...I don't find this likely..s.ince once again a horcrux open to the public could be very stupid..but it definately would make sense from the founder standpoint. It would also make sense how the killing spell backfired and accidentally turned harry into a horcrux. I'm not ubying this topic either but i just thought i would throw it out there.
            thats what i was going for.

Comment

• Well if anyone watched the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, I think that's what Ewing may have been referring too.

There's a gentleman's agreement here of course, that no spoilers should be leaked about 7.

I have it pre-ordered on Amazon but now I just found out that UPS does not ship on weekends. That's a shot to the balls.
              Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                Well if anyone watched the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, I think that's what Ewing may have been referring too.

There's a gentleman's agreement here of course, that no spoilers should be leaked about 7.

I have it pre-ordered on Amazon but now I just found out that UPS does not ship on weekends. That's a shot to the balls.
                dude that sucks and i feel for you. i got mine pre-ordered at barnes & noble but i am definitely not going to get it at midnight. ill prob wait till sometime midday on saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                  dude that sucks and i feel for you. i got mine pre-ordered at barnes & noble but i am definitely not going to get it at midnight. ill prob wait till sometime midday on saturday.
                  Yeah I know. Is it me or is that a scam almost? I paid extra money for 1-Day Delivery (or its free) and the shipping thing doesn't do weekends? To quote Bob "Bulldog" Briscoe on Frasier, "THIS STINKS. THIS IS TOTAL BS"
                  Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• I would like to find the person who leaked that book and murder them. Because anyone who takes the time to do that you would think would make it so it is f'n readable...wat a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                      I don't know really, I just didn't find HBP to be quite as interesting as some of the other books.

I have a hard time ranking them at all. They should be viewed as a whole, IMO.
                      1. Order of the Phoenix (I see a lot of people have this last. But this has the best ending by far outside of #4, and I think it is the best book in the series overall)

2. Half-Blood Prince
                      3. Goblet of Fire
                      4. Prisoner of Azkaban
                      5. Sorcerer's Stone
                      6. Chamber of Secret's

4 days left, wow this has snuck up. But the next 4 days will feel like a month...

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                        I would like to find the person who leaked that book and murder them. Because anyone who takes the time to do that you would think would make it so it is f'n readable...wat a joke.
                        yeah especially if what Ewing said is true.
                        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

• Haha I found the spoilers online and read them. I know who dies fools!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                            Haha I found the spoilers online and read them. I know who dies fools!
                            why would you though.. I would never want to ruin the book for myself

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• Just to re-enforce my previous warning. Spoilers of any kind, deaths, plot endings, and so on, will not be tolerated in this thread. You can talk about what you think might happen as much as you want, but you cannot post rumored spoilers to book 7.

Comment

• Is this the last book coming up or what?? I'm thinking about starting the series. Should I start with number 1?
                                Virginia Tech.
                                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information