The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    I was a little surprised but I thought it fit in nicely with the story, pretty cool infact how if you think about it Harry and Voldemort are like cousins a few times removed. I liked what they did with dumbledore and snape's characters especially. I really thought the epilogue was wishy washy and a bit over done, like she rushed to get it finished. The fight in the castle was cool as **** though
    Response below;

[ I give the epilogue a pass for being wishy washy and kiddish, its a chapter (kinda) about kids going to Hogwarts for the first time, the kids conversations, and the parents talking to the kids, so its naturally going to be a bit wishy washy, though, the name 'Albus Severus Potter" will never sound right, no matter how much I hear it.

I liked the Dumbledore's past subplot, and loved the Grindelwald part of it. Going into the book, I really hadnt considered how much new stuff she'd add, as opposed to simply tying up loose ends, finding horcruxes, and having a final battle.

Im always a huge fan for storylines like the Hallows one, legendary items and what not, no matter how many times its used, usually draws me in. I loved Ron's almost sarcastic lust of the Elder Wand, and Hermione just flat out refusing the existence of the items. it fits their characters perfectly.

Snape's character as a whole is great, and though I had an idea that he was probably good, I didnt think of him one bit when I was thinking of who the Doe Patronus belonged to.

One of my only complaints is lack of people like Ginny and Malfoy, I understand why they couldnt be in a large portion, but they were built up as important characters and really didnt do that much. To my knowledge all Ginny did was almost get killed, causing Mrs. Weasley to go crazy on Bella, which was awesome btw. And all Malfoy did was lose his wand, which turned out to be the Elder Wand. But all in all, oh well. Neville got a shining moment, which i was hoping for. He was like, the leader of the schools rebellion, and he killed Nagini, which was another great moment.
    ]

Comment

• i should tell my mom abuot this hahaha..just to piss her off

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        i should tell my mom abuot this hahaha..just to piss her off
        Yes, because thats hilarious.

Comment

• Just finished the book then and thoroughly enjoyed it. A fitting ending in my opinion.

Comment

• any possibility i could find a copy in stores today? i'd bet they're all sold out in all book stores but any non-book stores that may carry them that people wouldnt look for them? im soo pi$$ed i didnt reserve one.
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• go to target, they had tons and didn't stay open till midnite.

Comment

• Just got my copy from Amazon. I suppose i could re-read it...

Comment

• is the book good? i just picked it up and will probably have it finished tonight

Comment

• How can you guys read so much in so little time? Anyway I think it woulda been really cool if Harry died in some awesome gruesome way and then they showed it when the movie came out. That woulda been sweet.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• how long did it take everyone who finished? it took me about 10-11 hours of reading.

Comment

• A little after 2 until 10 30 tonight. With bathroom breaks and dinner.

Comment

• Just finished. Spoilers below in white

When Mrs. Weasley killed Bellatrix, that might have been my favorite moment in a book ever. It was like something out of ******* Jerry Springer.

I kinda liked the ending, but I wish at least one of the main characters could've died. It was cool what they did with Snape, but instead of kill off an annoying main character (Hermione), they kill off my favorite character (Fred) and I liked Lupin and Tonks too, which sucks. Why couldn't she kill off Wormtail? Noone likes him.

Comment

• Finished reading it a little while ago. I couldn't haved asked for more, really. The Dumbledore-Grindelwald sideplot was probably my favorite part of the book, sans possibly the "The Prince's Tale", or something of that sort, chapter. The blemish on the what looked like perfect mentor in Dumbledore was wonderfully done. It left me really wishing we had gotten a pensieve memory or something of the sort describing the duel between the two.
                            Last edited by Javzz; 07-22-2007, 02:38 AM.

rainbeaukid

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                              Just finished. Spoilers below in white

When Mrs. Weasley killed Bellatrix, that might have been my favorite moment in a book ever. It was like something out of ******* Jerry Springer.

I kinda liked the ending, but I wish at least one of the main characters could've died. It was cool what they did with Snape, but instead of kill off an annoying main character (Hermione), they kill off my favorite character (Fred) and I liked Lupin and Tonks too, which sucks. Why couldn't she kill off Wormtail? Noone likes him.
                              You don't consider Voldemort a main character?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                                Just finished. Spoilers below in white

yeah Lupin and Tonks getting killed was kind of WTF?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information