The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    yeah Lupin and Tonks getting killed was kind of WTF?

I was really surprised by it. It kind of just came out of nowhere.

Comment

• I finished it at 3 last night, so here's my words to say.

To start off, Neville is a ******* badass. Goddamn, he got awesome. Oh, and Mrs. Weasly vs. Bellatrix was pretty kickass too.

I hadn't even realized Lupin and Tonks had died, until Harry turned the stone, I had to go back in check. The way she phrased it, it sounded like they were just asleep. I also hadn't realized that Ginny didn't even do anything until you guys mentioned it just now, which sucks, I think everyone expected more of her.

I was really dissapointed though, in the last chapter of the book. I was hoping to see what happened to everyone, not just the four of them and small glimpses of Neville and Malfoy. What happened to Luna? She was one of my favorite characters, I was under the assumption that she and Neville would end up together. Did George continue WWW? Did Harry end up and Auror? Etc? Etc? She gave us nada though. Also, I wanted a list of those who died in the battle, or at least of those who died who we've heard of before.

Still, Neville's totally badass.

Also: How did Hermione survive, while unconscious, a ******* falling chadellier?
      Last edited by Beans; 07-22-2007, 09:42 AM.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
      <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
      <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

• Same, I finished at 3 in the AM as well.

I am pretty pissed at the epilogue. I expected like a paragraph or a snippet of information on what happened to everyone. Luna, did she continue the Quibbler? Did Oliver Wood continue his Quidditch career? What happened with Bill, Fleur, Charlie, etc.? Did Pansy Parkinson marry Draco? I would've liked more info on Neville. I kinda hated killing off Hedwig.

Also, great book. They seemed to rush things early on with the Ministry, they finally mentioned in a paragraph that they were spying on them. I was getting a bit lost in the beginning portion.

Didn't exactly like the battle. I hated Voldemort going down like that. Probably the greatest, or one of the greatest, villains ever went down really quick. I expected something like "The streak of green light came hurtling towards him. It seemed everything was lost in translation. Then, he fell." or something else.

Also, after seeing the beginning. I kinda want to know if Harry ever caught up with Dudley? The epilogue left too many holes.
        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• I really am dissapointed that Fred died.The twins were one of my favorite characters.
          Im glad Draco wasnt killed which is what I heard before I read the book.He always needs to be there.
          neville was awesome.Its good to see his Gran proud of him.
          Its all cleared up with the Snape issue.Shame he had to die.
          I agree with what someone else said id like a more detailed epilouge.
          I also like the role that Grindelwald played.
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

• I think the fact that important characters who everyone liked such as Fred Weasley is what makes the book better. It plays on everyones emotions and can actually make us feel disappointed. Not many other books do that.

Comment

• I realized that Ive been reading these books for almost 10 years now.Kinda weird how their now over.
              "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

• Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
                What I would like to see happen...although highly doubt it will: Harry must die in order for Voldemort to die because their lives are so interconnected. I also thought it would be pretty sweet if the last horcrux was Harry's scar. As I stated before though, I don't think JK Rowling has the guts to kill Harry and so I don't think this will happen.
                Well looking back, my early prediction wasn't too far off with the last horcrux and Harry almost having to die. All in all, I really enjoyed the ending although I would have liked to see a little Harry/Ginny action before the epilogue. I didn't have too big of a problem with the short epilogue because, while I would have liked to have seen what happened to some of the other characters, I can understand that she wanted to keep it short and not have to start a spin-off series about their adult lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                  I realized that Ive been reading these books for almost 10 years now.Kinda weird how their now over.
                  Yeah, I know. Usually after I read the latest installment of the series, I would go back and read 1-whatever. Now, it's like a sense of closure.
                  Is that a rash?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                    since no one else seems to think harry is a horcrux, im gonna go ahead and call that he is a horcrux.
                    I called it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                      I called it.
                      To a certain extent.

Comment

• It's over :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I didn't want this series to end :(

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
                          It's over :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I didn't want this series to end :(
                          Don't worry, it's only a matter of time before "Albus Potter and the Phoenix's Feather is out
                          Is that a rash?

Comment

• Main feeling after finishing is sadness that it's all over...

Comment

• Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                              Don't worry, it's only a matter of time before "Albus Potter and the Phoenix's Feather is out
                              Of course he will be fighting Malfoy's son Scorpius (who will end up killing Lucius for ditching Voldemort)

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
                                Of course he will be fighting Malfoy's son Scorpius (who will end up killing Lucius for ditching Voldemort)
                                lol. It would be odd though, because since Ron and Hermione got married, there would be no "3rd friend". I just am mad that I finished it, as I really won't read any of the books again probably. It just feels like, everything was just great but unrepeatable. I will probably read the 1st book again, it's an enjoyable book IMO, but 5 and 6 would just serve no purpose. I might as well jump from Goblet of Fire to Deathly Hallows.

I really wish there would be another book she would make. It was fun hypothesizing for a FEW years, what would happen in the next book then reading it finally.

Also, what are your "unanswered questions". JK said that there wouldn't be, but I have a few.

-What happened to Luna?
                                -What was Dudley's "worst moments" that he experienced with the dementor in Book 5?
                                -What exactly happened to Fudge, Umbridge, the rest?
                                -Was Harry publicized after defeating Voldemort? IMO, they should've ended the last chapter with a Daily Prophet article then went to the epilogue.
                                -Did Weasley's Wizard Wheezes (or whatever) keep running without Fred? Or did Percy take over?

Is that a rash?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information