No announcement yet.

The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hermione is by far a better character than ron. ron may die in my opinion. my tradition is reading all the previous books in order before i read the new one. so its fresh on my mind. ive been at it a month or so and im starting the 5th now. ill be ready for the final one when i get it.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
      I agree with you about Ron, I never really cared for him that much. I just think he is too important in Rowling's eyes to kill off. As for the R.A.B. thing, I never really could figure out who it would be, I'm not sure if it is Regulus because wouldn't Hermione have uncovered his name when she was looking for anyone with those initials? The heavy locket thing could have simply been something pointless that was included to throw people off. My best guess is that it will be a woman who was married and so her initials were changed away from RAB. Anywho, I'm looking forward to reading and finding out!
      About the locket, I think the barman of the Hog's Head has it. When Harry cornered Mundungus Fletcher about stealing Sirius's stuff, it said the barman walked away pulling his cloak tightly around his neck, or something like that. Mundungus probably sold it to him IMO.

Another guess at who RAB may be, when Voldemort took those 2 kids into the cave, one of their names was Amy Benson. Amy could've been her middle name.

Comment

Originally posted by ncstateviking View Post
        hermione is by far a better character than ron. ron may die in my opinion. my tradition is reading all the previous books in order before i read the new one. so its fresh on my mind. ive been at it a month or so and im starting the 5th now. ill be ready for the final one when i get it.
        I used to do that, but I stopped enjoying the first couple books. I'm mad now though because I just finished rereading the 6th book tonight and HPDH is still 15 days away... I don't want to read any of the others though because that would probably throw me off.

Comment

I just glimpsed a bit of the 6th book. I started last year, my mom got like the first 3 when I was young and never bothered to read it until last year. Then I became a HP fiend unfortunately. It is just interesting to me, it's the only non-sports books that I have in my room.

I think R.A.B. is Regulus just for the point that there is no other logical character that it could be. Sirius said that he was killed because he betrayed Voldemort which makes sense when you think of the Horcrux. It ties in.

I also think that it's pretty obvious that Hermione, Ron and Harry don't go back to Hogwarts judging by the British book cover. See for yourself on Wikipedia.
          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Always wondered why I liked DBZ and never Harry Potter...

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
              I just glimpsed a bit of the 6th book. I started last year, my mom got like the first 3 when I was young and never bothered to read it until last year. Then I became a HP fiend unfortunately. It is just interesting to me, it's the only non-sports books that I have in my room.

I think R.A.B. is Regulus just for the point that there is no other logical character that it could be. Sirius said that he was killed because he betrayed Voldemort which makes sense when you think of the Horcrux. It ties in.

I also think that it's pretty obvious that Hermione, Ron and Harry don't go back to Hogwarts judging by the British book cover. See for yourself on Wikipedia.
              Hey I gave you a 5th green bar! And it's not unfortunate to be a HP fiend...

The only knock on RAB being Regulus is that it's too obvious, I think.

Comment

Well considering I mocked HP fiends in the past, it does seem to be a bit of a unfortunate thing. I remember when I first read it, it was when Book 5 premiered (so it was 3 years ago instead of last year upon further review) and I was pretty much jacked to re-read everything else even though I knew what happened.
                Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

I need to find a friend to borrow the sixth book from! GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

There was my informative post for the day...
                  Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                  Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                  Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                  A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Anyone know how long this book will be? im too lazy to look it up. I hope its pretty long. i finished the last one in like 2 days.

Comment

Voldemort and Malfoy die in book 7 and Harry almost dies but lives to please the kids. My prediction anyway.

Comment

I read the first 3 books and I was done. That fourth book was like 2000 pages long and I didnt like the first 150 pages so I said **** this.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                          Voldemort and Malfoy die in book 7 and Harry almost dies but lives to please the kids. My prediction anyway.
                          I hope Harry Potter dies. That would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
                            I read the first 3 books and I was done. That fourth book was like 2000 pages long and I didnt like the first 150 pages so I said **** this.
                            yeah once the 4th book came along the books were just way too long and by then I hated to read anyways

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                              Anyone know how long this book will be? im too lazy to look it up. I hope its pretty long. i finished the last one in like 2 days.
                              This long:

l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              l
                              The end.:)

Comment

I want to say 784 pages... but I'm not positive, although I know it's the 2nd longest book next to the 5th.

S2C, Harry Potter would **** you up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information