No announcement yet.

The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhh... i hate the long intervals between books... and I don't have the 6th book on me as I'm away from home for a couple weeks. Could someone please refresh me on the major poitns of book 6....

Specifically:

What is a horcrux:
    What is an O.W.L.

and other things that are important...

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Originally posted by Namy View Post
      ahhh... i hate the long intervals between books... and I don't have the 6th book on me as I'm away from home for a couple weeks. Could someone please refresh me on the major poitns of book 6....

Specifically:

What is a horcrux:
      What is an O.W.L.

and other things that are important...
      A horcrux is an object which a wizard has split his soul into and put part of it into this object. Voldemort is believed to have 6 horcruxes. He can make a horcrux whenever he kills someone. Harry has to hunt down these horcruxes and destroy them before he can kill the real Voldemort.

An OWL means Ordinary Wizarding Level. When you hear "O.W.L.'s" it means the exams students take after there 5th year.

As for everything else... Snape killed Dumbledore, it's up in the air whether Snape is evil or not though. Harry has to destroy the remaining horcruxes (3-4 more) and have a final showdown with Voldemort. I guess that's about it for the major points.

Comment

I think Mr.Weasley will die. He'll sacrifice himself for Ron. As far as who R.A.B. is, it's Regulus Black.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Whoever said Fawkes is Dumbledore's horcrux, that is incorrect. Dumbledore looked so down upon Tom for splitting his soul. Plus JKR already told us Dumbledore will not come back.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
            Whoever said Fawkes is Dumbledore's horcrux, that is incorrect. Dumbledore looked so down upon Tom for splitting his soul. Plus JKR already told us Dumbledore will not come back.
            yeah I highly doubt a Wizard like Dumbledore would engage in dark magic like horocruxes

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
              I thought that Dumbledore might've done it for the greater good in his master plan. But if JK said he's not coming back, then I guess that is out of the question. But I'm pretty sure she's never said anything about Sirius.... although I would much rather have Albus back.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                I thought that Dumbledore might've done it for the greater good in his master plan. But if JK said he's not coming back, then I guess that is out of the question. But I'm pretty sure she's never said anything about Sirius.... although I would much rather have Albus back.
                idk.. we'll just have to wait and see.. the anticipation is killing me

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

you know how they mention that something of gryffindor's could have been a horcrux? Maybe it's Harry's parents house, Godric's hollow, named after Godric Gryffindor. i don't know, just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                    I think Mr.Weasley will die. He'll sacrifice himself for Ron. As far as who R.A.B. is, it's Regulus Black.
                    my mom thinks that ron will sacrifice himself for harry...i dont read the books nor do i watch the movies but my mom and gma talk about them all the time so i guess i gain knowledge on them

Comment

Originally posted by RonnieRun23 View Post
                      you know how they mention that something of gryffindor's could have been a horcrux? Maybe it's Harry's parents house, Godric's hollow, named after Godric Gryffindor. i don't know, just a thought.
                      That's Harry's parent's house? I don't think so... although I never thought of something from Gryffindor being at Godric's Hollow although it makes sense. But I think we can trust Dumbledore when he said that the sword is the only artifact remaining that was in possesion of Godric. And if Nagini really is a horcrux, that only leaves one left. If it is something from Gryffindor, then that leaves Ravenclaw out which doesn't seem right IMO.

Comment

I'm 90% sure that the tiara is the Ravenclaw artifact turned horcrux.
                        Last edited by thule; 07-08-2007, 01:50 AM.

Comment

To elaborate on it...

Ravenclaw's Tiara
                          ?~? Where is it?
                          *Room of Requirement?
                          "perched a dusty old wig and a tarnished tiaraon the statues head..." HBP pg. 527
                          ?~? A recent quote by JKR that Hogwarts houses were representative of the 4 elements: earth (Hufflepuff), air (Ravenclaw), fire (Gryffindor), and water (Slytherin). Point out that these elements also correspond to the tarot suits, as in cups (water), swords (fire), air (wands), and pentacles (earth). We were unable, however, to make these symbols correspond to the Horcrux symbols (though Gryffindor's sword is certainly a fire symbol)
                          ?~? Then tarot found a reference in mythology that tied these two theories together. The raven, like all birds, is traditionally considered an air symbol (i.e."Raven"-claw). It is also a symbol of the Morrigan, an ancient Celtic goddess of whom the following verse was written:

Deep in the shadowed forest, far from trodden paths
                          Morrigan reverently strolls through a sacred oak grove.
                          Completely engrossed by her thoughts, lost to the beauty
                          Of this tranquil wildwood alcove.

The Goddess, beautifully tall, muscular, statuesque,
                          Copper tresses confined by a simple silver tiara, designed for a Queen.

There was also a lot of evidence we found in the house ghosts representations in the movies and PS2 game.
                          The ravenclaw ghost is wearing a Tiara, and the hufflepuff ghost always has a cup in hand, even in PS2 game where it showed the founding members.

Comment

Wow. Watching The Sorcerors Stone movie really shows you how long it's been since the first movie/book came out.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Ya SS and COS can be hard to sit through if your not a true fan. I mean watching 12 year olds run around makes you really concentrate on the overall plot but outside of that it's much easier to just stick to the books. Anyone else wanna break down the ravenclaw artifact...I'd like to see some other strong backed up opinions....I'll give someone a good start....Wand.

Comment

Harry Potter and the OotP comes out 33 hours...can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information