Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I wish that they had of cast christopher lee as dumbledore, he would've been ******* bad ass.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
      I just reread the 6th book today so now I am pumped for the 7th! Hopefully NCAA 08 will hold me over until the 7th book comes out. I am just wondering, are we certain that the Ravenclaw tiara is a horcrux or is this just people assuming?
      just assumption




      Comment


      • i saw the movie and they seriuosly should have seriuosly added like 30 minutes to the movie (still would be under 3 hrs).... A lot were missing and the acting was pretty subpar. Sirius' death was horribly done... Dumbledore's talk with Harry at the end of the book was epic.. in the movie it was prtty lame. As someone mentioned.. where was quidditch ..There was so much drama regarding quidditch w/Ron joining and harry/the brothers getting off the team... also, hermoine and ron being prefects adds to the drama... it had to be mentioned ... at least a little

        I do give credit to the dumbledore/voldemort scene. That was pretty cooool i liked it. I also liked it when the Order came.

        Projected win total: 55+

        Comment


        • You know re-reading the 5th and 6th book, I think JK Rowling really missed some stuff with the power of the death eaters and Aurors, they get beaten by teenagers too easily and aurors for supposedly highly trained elite force seem to get their ass kicked a lot.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
            I just reread the 6th book today so now I am pumped for the 7th! Hopefully NCAA 08 will hold me over until the 7th book comes out. I am just wondering, are we certain that the Ravenclaw tiara is a horcrux or is this just people assuming?
            It's the only known artifact of Ravenclaw, so it's just an assumption.

            sig by VLS
            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
            I don't care...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
              You know re-reading the 5th and 6th book, I think JK Rowling really missed some stuff with the power of the death eaters and Aurors, they get beaten by teenagers too easily and aurors for supposedly highly trained elite force seem to get their ass kicked a lot.
              you forget these books were made for kids.
              "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

              Comment


              • Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                you forget these books were made for kids.
                IMO, the first book is separate from the series. According to JK the 2-7 are all the same story just different parts of it. I think she started out making a kids book but later shifted to a book more aimed at all ages, hence there's now childrens books and adult versions.

                I honestly believe she decided half way through the series to make them more mature in themes. Yeah they're targetted at young adults, but not at the expense of making them enjoyable for all ages.

                Comment


                • just saw the movie and like always it just doesnt compare to the book. but i must say the battle scenes at the end were awesome.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                    IMO, the first book is separate from the series. According to JK the 2-7 are all the same story just different parts of it. I think she started out making a kids book but later shifted to a book more aimed at all ages, hence there's now childrens books and adult versions.

                    I honestly believe she decided half way through the series to make them more mature in themes. Yeah they're targetted at young adults, but not at the expense of making them enjoyable for all ages.
                    yeah, but look at it like this:
                    I started reading the books around when I was in 4th grade (11), which is when Harry Potter starts. As I am getting older, so is Harry. I think that may have some play into it, cause as you get older, and more mature, the book and characters do too. **just wanted to point that out**

                    Originally posted by BeansDooma
                    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

                    Comment


                    • The only other possible ravenclaw artifact that even seems to be on the map is the wand on the purple pillow in the first book in Olivanders shop. People think that Olivander was taken by the DeathEaters to make wands for them. And also keep the alliance from being able to get new ones. This would also make place for where Voldy would put a horcrux..because it is and important moment for him...gaining his wand. The only thing that doesn't make sense is...why would voldy put a horcrux where anyone had access to it. That right there is enough for me to not buy into it.

                      Comment


                      • Well we know there's 6 horcruxes.

                        1. Is the ring of morfin's. (destroyed)
                        2. Is the Cup from Hufflepuff
                        3. Is the snake Ngini
                        4. Is the diary (destroyed)
                        5. Is slytherin's locket (unknown)
                        6. Is either an artifact of Griffindor's or Ravenclaw's

                        So it could be anything of Ravenclaw's or Griffindors.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                          just saw the movie and like always it just doesnt compare to the book. but i must say the battle scenes at the end were awesome.
                          Agreed, the battles at the end were sweet, serious and harry detroying Malifoy was awesome, however i wish the fight between voldermourt and Dumbledore was more like the book, with the statues coming to life and protecting harry, but regardless, great end to a sub par movie.


                          Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                          Comment


                          • Yeah, so I read books 1-4 in like a 2 month span when I was in middle school then randomly went and saw the movie today because I was bored and women were involved but I had no idea what was going on lol.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                              Well we know there's 6 horcruxes.

                              1. Is the ring of morfin's. (destroyed)
                              2. Is the Cup from Hufflepuff
                              3. Is the snake Ngini
                              4. Is the diary (destroyed)
                              5. Is slytherin's locket (unknown)
                              6. Is either an artifact of Griffindor's or Ravenclaw's

                              So it could be anything of Ravenclaw's or Griffindors.
                              Well, those are Dumbledore's opinion of which items are horcruxes. I still dont see Nagini as one, personally. The other i basically agree with. #6 is mostly assumed to be the Tiara because of what Thule has said throughout this thread.




                              Comment


                              • I hated the movie. It was way too rushed. Now people who haven't read the book probably thought it was a decent movie, but if you read the book, they skipped so much. They didn't use the coins for Dumbledore's army, as others have said Quiditch was left out, I felt they didn't put nearly as much importance on the Order of the Phoenix, and Ron said like 5 long lines throughout the movie. I just think they needed to make it longer and add in some of the minor details that made the book so great. I liked the battle scenes but that was it.

                                Gamertag: KRAAAWG

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information