X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• badgerbacker
    started a topic The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

With the new movie and the final book both coming out pretty soon, I thought it was appropriate to begin a Harry Potter thread. Don't try to pretend like you aren't into this teenaged magician...

You can use this to post predictions as to what you think will happen in the last book, or just to talk about how pumped you are for both the movie and last book to finally be released.

• jballa838
    replied
    wow thanks adschofield
    thats great.

Leave a comment:

• adschofield
    replied
    Conflict: Voldemort is on a mission to kill the only person standing in his way of complete rule, Harry Potter. Harry Potter wants revenge on his parents' deaths, and wants to live a normal life by killing Voldemort. Other conflicts are the conflicts between Harry, Ron, and Hermoine as tensions flare when they don't have immediate success. It is resolved by the death of Voldemort and the reunion of Harry, Ron, and Hermoine.

Leave a comment:

• DChess
    replied
    alright harry potter gets the clap via hermoine. thats actually abt it, some spells, a couple potions and you got the 7th book

Leave a comment:

• adschofield
    replied
    Plot: Lord Voldemort and his crew attempt to ambush Harry Potter as he attempts to leave the Dursleys' house after Harry's protective charm wears off because he is turning 18. Afterwards, he goes to the Weasley's house, and later that summer during a wedding at the Weasley's, Harry and Co. find out that the Ministry of Magic has fallen under the control of Voldemort. Harry and the crew leave to go to Harry's late uncle's, Sirius Black, house. It is revealed that Dolores Umbridge (former headmaster of Hogwarts) has one of Voldemort's horocruxes. Harry and Co. get the horocrux, but are forced to flee to the countryside. Harry and Ron then find the Gryffinador sword, which can destroy horocruxes, at the bottom of the pond. The trio then find out about the Deathly Hallows (The wand, resurrection stone, and invisibilty cloak) from Luna Lovegood's father. Later, Harry accidently says Voldemort's name, and is captured and taken to the Malfoy Manor. However, Doby apparates into the manor, and saves the trio as well as Luna, and others. Meanwhile, Voldemort steals Dumbeldore's Elder wand (a Deathly hallow) believing it is the only wand that can kill Harry. Later, Harry sneaks into hogwarts in search of more horocruxes. An all out war begins as Voldemort attempts to capture Harry, but Harry gains the support of all of Hogwarts. Voldemort kills Snape. It is revealed that Snape has been helping Harry all along, and that he is the one who gave Harry the Gffryindor Sword. Harry goes to Voldemort's camp in an attempt to stop the bloodshed. Voldemort kills Harry, but.....Harry awakens in an eternal place where Dumbledore explains to him that there were Voldemort soul fragments in his soul, and that he had to die first. Neville Longbottom kills Voldemort's snake, his last horocrux, and Harry then awakens and kill Voldemort

Leave a comment:

• jballa838
    replied
    Originally posted by adschofield View Post
    are you talking about the entire series or just the last book?
    actually any book really.
    prefereble 5 or 7 because i lost 6 and cant find the book as proof, but 1 works too.

just one book

Leave a comment:

• adschofield
    replied
    Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
    i'm in 11th grade and i slack a lot. i'm pretty sure it'd slide if it wasnt a huge essay like you'd think
    just like 2 or 3 paragraphs.
    are you talking about the entire series or just the last book?

Leave a comment:

• jballa838
    replied
    Originally posted by adschofield View Post
    That could take hours...lol
    i'm in 11th grade and i slack a lot. i'm pretty sure it'd slide if it wasnt a huge essay like you'd think
    just like 2 or 3 paragraphs.

Leave a comment:

• wiscbadgerfootball
    replied
    haha those are great pickup lines

Leave a comment:

• adschofield
    replied
    Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
    ok i have to do a book report on a Harry Potter book so i need to have this one question answered:

5. Relate the plot of the novel. Explain how the story began and what was the conflict. What happened to cause the conflict and how was it resolved? Give details to show your comprehension and appreciation of the author's craft.

would someone like to help me answer this?
    That could take hours...lol

Leave a comment:

• jballa838
    replied
    ok i have to do a book report on a Harry Potter book so i need to have this one question answered:

5. Relate the plot of the novel. Explain how the story began and what was the conflict. What happened to cause the conflict and how was it resolved? Give details to show your comprehension and appreciation of the author's craft.

would someone like to help me answer this?

Leave a comment:

• alca1992
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
    We may not be in Professor Flitwick's class, but you still are charming.

I don't have an invisibility cloak but do you think tonight I can visit your restricted section?

I want to get my basilisk into your chamber of secrets.

You know, Hagrid's not the only giant on campus.

Do you think you could take on a mountain troll in the bathroom like Hermione did? Would you be ready in five minutes?

If you were a quaffle and I was a chaser during a quidditch match, I'd score with you.

You know, the Sorting Hat placed me in Gryffindor. I think it's because like Godric Gryffindor himself, I too have an impressive sword.

Want to go to the Hog's Head, if you know what I mean?

Being without you is like being under the Cruciatus Curse.

Want to have a Tri-Wizards Tournament? Well not really "Tri-Wizard," I was thinking more one wizard and two witches.

I've been whomping my willow thinking about you.

You know Platform 9 and 3/4? Well I know something else with the same exact measurements.

A couple nights with me and Moaning Myrtle will have to get a new nickname.

- I know my name's not Luna, but I sure know how to Lovegood if you know what I mean.
    a harry potter geek pickup lines lol hilarious

Leave a comment:

• Scotty D
    replied
    We may not be in Professor Flitwick's class, but you still are charming.

I don't have an invisibility cloak but do you think tonight I can visit your restricted section?

I want to get my basilisk into your chamber of secrets.

You know, Hagrid's not the only giant on campus.

Do you think you could take on a mountain troll in the bathroom like Hermione did? Would you be ready in five minutes?

If you were a quaffle and I was a chaser during a quidditch match, I'd score with you.

You know, the Sorting Hat placed me in Gryffindor. I think it's because like Godric Gryffindor himself, I too have an impressive sword.

Want to go to the Hog's Head, if you know what I mean?

Being without you is like being under the Cruciatus Curse.

Want to have a Tri-Wizards Tournament? Well not really "Tri-Wizard," I was thinking more one wizard and two witches.

I've been whomping my willow thinking about you.

You know Platform 9 and 3/4? Well I know something else with the same exact measurements.

A couple nights with me and Moaning Myrtle will have to get a new nickname.

- I know my name's not Luna, but I sure know how to Lovegood if you know what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• Damix
    replied
    Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
    Yeah, like I said earlier; it's such a final ending. I re-read the 1-4 but it lost some of the zip as the previous times I would re-read.

Very true, I used to get the urge to reread every book that was currently out every year, I dunno if I have that anymore

Leave a comment:

• alca1992
    replied
    ill probaly reread all the books next april (so i can finish before i start school) i would love to see how manyclues there were in the beginning books that we never noticed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information