Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
    Well I got my regular old PS3 160 GB with Uncharted this past summer and it's not backwards compatible either.
    Seriously? A friend let me borrow his a while back...I believe 80GB and his played all my PS2 games

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
    Originally posted by TitanHope
    R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
    He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
      Seriously? A friend let me borrow his a while back...I believe 80GB and his played all my PS2 games
      Only the original batch of PS3s are backwards compatible. I got mine almost two years ago and it is not.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
      Originally posted by Job
      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
        Only the original batch of PS3s are backwards compatible. I got mine almost two years ago and it is not.
        I got mine last April and it plays PS2 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
          I got mine last April and it plays PS2 games.
          You bought it new and it was backwards compatible? Hmm...I'll have to check it out. As far as I knew it was only the originals. I've never actually tried putting a ps2 game in mine because I thought it didn't play them.

i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
          Originally posted by Job

Comment

You bought it new and it was backwards compatible? Hmm...I'll have to check it out. As far as I knew it was only the originals. I've never actually tried putting a ps2 game in mine because I thought it didn't play them.
            Yeah, I bought it new. It was one that came packaged with Metal Gear Solid 4.

Comment

• It all depends what system you had, it's like all split up what is backwards compatible and what isn't. I bought mine in May this year, like I said and I have tried it says that it doesn't read that type of disc when I put a ps2 game in.

Also what do you guys think of the new font/style of PS3 games being released now with a new look on the packaging?

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• NEW STYLE

OLD STYLE

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• Actually like the old style better. When I first saw uncharted I was kinda thrown off...I thought Target was sellin me a bootleg copy or something. Uncharted stands out from all my other games now.

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Actually like the old style better. When I first saw uncharted I was kinda thrown off...I thought Target was sellin me a bootleg copy or something. Uncharted stands out from all my other games now.
                    Exactly the same here, I didn't know what was up when I seen the new packaging on Uncharted 2. Just like you it stands out now for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                      Yeah, I'm going to end up buying it on the PC as I have a couple of friends who are grabbing it too so we can play some coop. It sounds pretty amazing. Apparently there are like a billion different types of weapons in the games too.
                      I already have it pre-bought on Steam. It's $45.99 right now. I saw in a interview that there was around 50,000 different weapons. The weapons are randomly generated based on different attributes, recoil, etc. 3 More days! We'll have to play some time.

I just bought Uncharted 2 today, but haven't played it yet. Still playing Demon's Souls as most people here are it seems.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
                        I already have it pre-bought on Steam. It's $45.99 right now. I saw in a interview that there was around 50,000 different weapons. The weapons are randomly generated based on different attributes, recoil, etc. 3 More days! We'll have to play some time.

I just bought Uncharted 2 today, but haven't played it yet. Still playing Demon's Souls as most people here are it seems.
                        I was so surprised when the BX on Tinker got Demon's souls. Gamestop and Best Buy were out by me, I walked in to the BX and bam, there it was. I've only had it for two days but I can tell I'll be on the hook for a while.

Uncharted was fantastic though, I still want to go back and beat it on crushing.

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• There are 3 different generations of PS3's. The first (what I have) is completely hardware-based backwards compatible. It'll play any PS2 game. The second (and possibly the newest) are software compatible, and (like the 360) does not support every game.

I'm glad I have an original. I do wish I had the lower-energy, less heat new ones, but the backwards compatibility is clutch because I still play my PS2 games (probably more than my PS3 games).

Comment

• Pretty big news imo, but Netflix is going to start streaming movie much like with how the Xbox 360 has it. Here is the link:
                            http://www.boston.com/business/techn...e_through_ps3/
                            If it happens, can't wait to sign up to netflix once again. Fantastic service

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                            Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Yep, pretty sure I'm buying the new Call of Duty when it comes out.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Could someone tell me bout the new NBA live Dynamic DNA mode. Is it just a single player? By that i mean, can i only effect the changes of one team or can i take control of any previous games with any team?

Its pretty much the defining factor as to whether i am going to buy the game or not.

Hitman D for the sweet sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information