Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For the PS3, my most anticipated games are Heavy Rain and GOW 3.

    For the 360, Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, and Bioshock 2 which could be played on either system.

    I'm going to be broke for a long time.

    Thanks BoneKrusher^

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

    Comment


    • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      Best game graphically? Not quite, imo. I played it as well, it was on my District 9 blu ray. :)

      Uncharted/Uncharted 2 is still the pinnacle.
      Yea, after I posted it I remembered that. Point being, I was hard just from looking at the graphics. The feel is so different than the other 2 games and I just want to play the whole game so bad. It's just so orgasmic.

      Comment


      • Haha. I get ya buddy. I still have yet to check out the GOW collection I got for Christmas. I'm going to play the hell out of it, when we get closer to March.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • FF14 being an MMO is depressing. There are so many MMO's now, I much prefer FF to stick with the whole single player angle.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Haha. I get ya buddy. I still have yet to check out the GOW collection I got for Christmas. I'm going to play the hell out of it, when we get closer to March.
            I had only played like 3/4 of GoW2 prior to this. I absolutely loved the first one, actually moreso than the 2nd (the storyline really), and then played the 2nd one immediately afterward. I found myself playing for like half a day straight before I realized it and had to stop. I just wanted to keep going with the stories.

            Comment


            • Yeah they're amazing. Thank god for the collection that just came out, though. Because, my PS2 is long destroyed. So this was like the greatest thing ever for me. :) The demo brought back some good memories. I gotta say, though...I was kind of mad when I accidentally switched off of the blades of chaos and didnt know how to get them back in the demo. Love the blades.

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                FF14 being an MMO is depressing. There are so many MMO's now, I much prefer FF to stick with the whole single player angle.
                There's still FF13 and FF versus 13 to look forward to. Also FF 13 Agito for the PSP.

                Sig by Hitman D.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  Yeah they're amazing. Thank god for the collection that just came out, though. Because, my PS2 is long destroyed. So this was like the greatest thing ever for me. :) The demo brought back some good memories. I gotta say, though...I was kind of mad when I accidentally switched off of the blades of chaos and didnt know how to get them back in the demo. Love the blades.
                  Yea, with both the first and second games, the first thing I would do is upgrade the blades to max because really, you use them so much more than the magic. And when they are maxed out, they are unstoppable.

                  I will say, though, that I did enjoy using the giant fist things.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by nrk View Post
                    I think you're overlooking Red Dead Redemption, which is my biggest must-buy after FF13 and GoW3. Made by Rockstar, I was a huge fan of the first, Red Dead Revolver. They're turning it into an open world western similar to GTA. But as stated, it's all opinion on what's a "must buy".

                    Here's a video about Red Dead Redemption. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ga...red-dead/59978


                    Also not on the list is the new Aliens vs. Predator which looks sick. If its anything like AvP2, it's gonna be my favorite multiplayer game by far.
                    I didn't play the first one, so I wasn't going to say one way or another. It likely won't dissappoint, though.

                    I'm an MMO fan, but I'm not holding my breath on FF14 after FF11. FF11 is an Asian style MMO, which is not very appealing. All about hardcore grinding and just not fun. Supposedly FF14 will be different, but again, not holding my breath.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by nepg View Post
                      I didn't play the first one, so I wasn't going to say one way or another. It likely won't dissappoint, though.

                      I'm an MMO fan, but I'm not holding my breath on FF14 after FF11. FF11 is an Asian style MMO, which is not very appealing. All about hardcore grinding and just not fun. Supposedly FF14 will be different, but again, not holding my breath.
                      I enjoyed FF11. The only thing I disliked was that the game basically forced you to party up to gain levels at any decent rate. Soloing was near impossible to gain levels at any decent rate.

                      And of course every MMO has the same issue that annoys me to no end, that of the people that want everyone to have the "uber" set up, and get pissy if they get you in their party and find out your a Dark Knight/Warrior or something instead of "tEh DRk Knite/Theef is Eleeet, U r teH NooBZ!11!!" I know it's an issue in every MMO, but I found it more pronounced in FF11 than in other MMO's where people seem to be fine with a little freedom and trying new set ups.



                      Originally posted by Jakey
                      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

                      i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                        I enjoyed FF11. The only thing I disliked was that the game basically forced you to party up to gain levels at any decent rate. Soloing was near impossible to gain levels at any decent rate.

                        And of course every MMO has the same issue that annoys me to no end, that of the people that want everyone to have the "uber" set up, and get pissy if they get you in their party and find out your a Dark Knight/Warrior or something instead of "tEh DRk Knite/Theef is Eleeet, U r teH NooBZ!11!!" I know it's an issue in every MMO, but I found it more pronounced in FF11 than in other MMO's where people seem to be fine with a little freedom and trying new set ups.
                        I did not try FF11 because I knew it wasn't for me. The group grind and virtually zero end game content/goals are very Asian concepts in MMO's. It's not appealing to me to sit there in a group and kill the same thing for hours on end to gain 25% of a level. From my understanding, this is all the game consisted of...and without PvP, that gets old very quickly (I've played enough Asian MMOs...). I like to go out and do different things and be in different environments. I have to feel like I'm progressing in the game world (not just in levels).

                        I've been playing MMOs for ~15 years. I'm at the point where I've wasted enough time and effort in bad MMOs, and I know which ones I'll like.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nepg View Post
                          I did not try FF11 because I knew it wasn't for me. The group grind and virtually zero end game content/goals are very Asian concepts in MMO's. It's not appealing to me to sit there in a group and kill the same thing for hours on end to gain 25% of a level. From my understanding, this is all the game consisted of...and without PvP, that gets old very quickly (I've played enough Asian MMOs...). I like to go out and do different things and be in different environments. I have to feel like I'm progressing in the game world (not just in levels).

                          I've been playing MMOs for ~15 years. I'm at the point where I've wasted enough time and effort in bad MMOs, and I know which ones I'll like.
                          FF11 does retain a fairly dedicated following around the world. I wouldn't say it was a bad MMO, but it certainly wasn't/isn't for everyone. I basically quit playing for the reasons listed above, as well as the lack of true PvP (there was PvP, but it was a stupid process to get to it. Too much to explain, but it wasn't fun). I did enjoy it at first, but it got old fast. I guess I'm in the same boat as you that it wasn't my kind of MMO. Hopefully FF14 will be better.



                          Originally posted by Jakey
                          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

                          i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

                          Comment


                          • My only problem with FF11 was the UI. It was so annoying to navigate around. That and every other player spoke in Japanese characters so I was confused.

                            Sig by Hitman D.

                            Comment


                            • So my friend and I are trying to play eachother in NHL 10 but it keeps saying the other one is idle so we can't send a game invite.

                              are we dumb? anyone know what to do?

                              Comment


                              • FF 13, Resident Evil 5 and Left 4 dead 2 was the coolest games that i have played on my Playstation 3.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information