No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok cool thanks everybody for the responses. I'm still on the fence PS3 or XBox 360.

Comment

• Originally posted by 22,895 View Post
      Ok cool thanks everybody for the responses. I'm still on the fence PS3 or XBox 360.
      PS3 is much more worth it and next year Madden will be ported from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
        PS3 is much more worth it and next year Madden will be ported from it.
        Link to where it says Madden will be ported from it?

Also, how is it "much more worth it"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
          Link to where it says Madden will be ported from it?

Also, how is it "much more worth it"?
          The madden part was said in E3.

Comment

• Madden was said at E3 and PS3 is now getting alot of games and the graphics are going to be far superior. Not to mention how many add ons the 360 has. Also a blu ray player is a steal with the PS3. 85% of 3rd party games in scheduled for 09 are either going to be ported from PS3 or each system will have their own developement teams.

Comment

Madden was said at E3 and PS3 is now getting alot of games and the graphics are going to be far superior. Not to mention how many add ons the 360 has. Also a blu ray player is a steal with the PS3. 85% of 3rd party games in scheduled for 09 are either going to be ported from PS3 or each system will have their own developement teams.
              Xbox 360 already has a far larger collection of games. Yes, PS3 is playing catch-up and attempting to match them but how does that make them better?

Graphics being far superior is a guess and there is no evidence to support that. As of now, Xbox 360 has better graphics. In the future, who knows. The difference will be marginal at best anyways.

99% of people do not need a Blu-Ray player nor will they for years. Plus, combo drives are already coming out making single-format drives basically useless in the longrun.

Comment

Xbox 360 already has a far larger collection of games. Yes, PS3 is playing catch-up and attempting to match them but how does that make them better?

Graphics being far superior is a guess and there is no evidence to support that. As of now, Xbox 360 has better graphics. In the future, who knows. The difference will be marginal at best anyways.

99% of people do not need a Blu-Ray player nor will they for years. Plus, combo drives are already coming out making single-format drives basically useless in the longrun.
                Well I can see that your a 360 fanboy and Im no gonna engage in a console war like you seem to want to. If you would have read what I wrote yo wouldve noticed I was talking about 09.

Comment

Well I can see that your a 360 fanboy and Im no gonna engage in a console war like you seem to want to. If you would have read what I wrote yo wouldve noticed I was talking about 09.
                  Right, I'm an Xbox 360 fanboy since I own neither console and have no affiliation with either side. I'm simply stating that the Xbox 360 is the better console at this point and saying the PS3 will surpass it is purely a guess.

Sony can cram all the technology and buzz words they want into the PS3 but until it makes the user experience more enjoyable it is pointless.

Comment

• how many of you guys are going to get Warhawk? man I wish I had an HDTV :(

Comment

• I want to play this.

Comment

"Already"? Why would you say already? Of course it has a larger collection of games, it came out a year before.
                        The Unreal engine and the White Engine were specifically built to optimize the PS3's hardware. Look at Unreal Tournament, the graphics blow Gears of War out of the water. They'll be released at the same time relative to the life-span of the consoles.
                        Combo drives? As in universal hd-dvd and blu-ray players? Those are a waste of money. Blu-Ray has already won. More space, support, same codecs, and Blockbuster has already dropped hd-dvd for Blu-Ray even online. Blu-Ray is outselling HD-DVD at a rate of 3-1. HD-DVD won't be around by 2008. And the 99% bit wasn't true at all. Blu-Ray in a sense is selling faster than DVD was when it first came out.
                        10characters. Bolded=me.

Anyway, the Heavenly Sword demo came out today. Short, but it gives you a feel for the gameplay.
                        Last edited by dhoe20; 07-26-2007, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• ^
                          Very well done.

Comment

• Man that heavenly sword demo is so sick!

Comment

• Barring a last minute change of heart, I'm getting a PS3 and NCAA 08 tomorrow!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                                that's simply untrue. the hardware in the ps3 is superior, in terms of pure graphics processing power, to what microsoft put into the 360. case in point, ATi, the company MS went with, is no longer even competing with nVidia, the company Sony went with, for high end graphics on the computer. they haven't been competitive in at least two years. i have no idea why anyone continues to believe the machines, at similar points in their lifespan are anywhere close in regards to graphics power. debate the CEL silliness all you want, but to say the 360 is, has been or ever will be "ahead" in graphics is simply false.
                                True. PS3 hasnt had the lifespan of the 360 and already is producing great games. I heard that only 30% of the PS3's power is being used for Madden this year which means when they make the game for PS3 next and port it to 360 the PS3 version is gonna be miles ahead of the 360. As well 80% of confirmed third party games set for 2009 release will be ported from PS3, which is great. Blu-ray is outselling hd by 75% 3/1. Im gettin my PS3 a few days before Madden drops.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information