No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an 80GB original but I'm playing mw2 online just fine.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
    Originally posted by fenikz
    we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
      I have an 80GB original but I'm playing mw2 online just fine.
      I just tried mine again and still the same stuff. So i guess you are one of the lucky ones.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• I think my PS3 was stolen, lol. I bought it on craigslist from a really sketchy guy. It wasn't even open though.

we all hate you

Comment

• 2012 is starting now . Sorry I had too lol

Comment

• Here's what's going on right now: something with the PS3's internal clock has borked in some pre-slim models. This is not a PSN issue; it has to do with your PS3's clock. This clock is NOT related to the OS clock. It seems to be a leap year bug. Setting your clock ahead will do nothing. All PS3s around the world were affected at the exact same time.

Does this affect me?

-If you have a Slim PS3, you're good to go. Continue playing it as normal.
            -If you have a "fat" PS3, you may be affected. Some fat PS3s have worked ok, but it seems a good majority have been bugged.

What does this bug mean?

-If affected, your date and time has been set to a random past date. This prevents you from signing into PSN, playing any PSN games, or using any DLC. Your trophies will also not display correctly or be able to sync.

How do I fix it?

-You can't. Even if you don't sign into PSN, it won't help. This is a hardware issue.

So, what do I do?

-Wait 24 hours. Other products that have had similar bugs have corrected themselves after the "bugged" day. On Monday around 6pm central time, all PS3s will automatically correct themselves...maybe.

-If that doesn't work, we'll need a firmware update from Sony, which should be a pretty important priority for them right now.

Did I lose my data/themes/etc?

Your save data/games/dlc/themes are fine. They'll be fixed when the PS3 is fixed. Trophies are uncertain right now, but they'll be fine if you've synced them before the PS3 was bugged. Unsynced trophies are an unknown right now.
            =/ (10 char)

Comment

• Edit fur mah stupids.

Well, I'm not happy. I hadn't turned on the PS3 in a couple days, and wouldn't you know, I turned it on to check, and I can't get on Modern Warfare to even play a single player game not connected to the net, nor can I play my FF7 or FF Tactics either. Thanks Sony, you ******* morons. How the **** do you have a system who's hardware just completely craps out?

If it wasn't explained properly in the previous post, those of you who just aren't turning your system on are still likely ******. It's nothing from the internet, it's the system itself. I was not connected to the internet, and hadn't turned it on in two days, and mine is still screwed. It was something within the system itself that was screwed up from the beginning, a little landmine waiting to blow your system to hell. Sony better get this fixed ******* quick.
              Last edited by ironman4579; 03-01-2010, 07:28 AM.

Originally posted by Jakey
              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• I just care about game saves...I could care less about trophies. I dont think trophies are even handled all that well in comparison to achievements and I'm not an achievements guy, either. So yeah, I dont really care about that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• I haven't turned on my PS3 in about 2-3 days, and I haven't had it connected to the internet, so I was hoping I'd be safe but now I am starting to worry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                    I haven't turned on my PS3 in about 2-3 days, and I haven't had it connected to the internet, so I was hoping I'd be safe but now I am starting to worry.
                    It has nothing to do with the internet. There are guys who say they've never had theirs connected but still have the same problems. It's an issue with the Playstation operating system software.

I wonder if it has anything to do with switching from February to March. Isn't that when they add in the leap year day?

Comment

• That's what most say it is. An error with the internal clocks.

Also...Sony is saying not to play or turn on your console now.

For those who have the original larger-formfactor console, Sony advises you to not use your console for the next 24 hours while they complete the fix.

Data loss and the lack of the ability to record obtained Trophies are both listed as possible problems with using it during the next day. The full statement from Sony, run on the PlayStation Blog, is reprinted below:

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.
                      Errors include:
                      • The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
                      • When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
                        message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been
                        signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
                      • When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears
                        on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install
                        trophies. Please exit your game.”
                      • When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the
                        Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date
                        and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
                      • Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
                        PlayStation Store before the expiration date.
                      We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please continue to check either the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-01-2010, 09:33 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.
                        I still don't understand how mine is fine. Just turned it on, nothing seems to be wrong.

It's not a slim.

we all hate you

Comment

• It sure would make sense for them to email this info out. I get emails about the Playstation Store updates, why the hell not this??

I was really hoping to play a game of Madden tonight, my PS3 hasn't been on all week! :(
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• I'm glad playstation has found a way to bring the y2k virus to all of us who were let down on Jan. 1 2000.

Seriously, how do you make a system that A. can't change a date and B. has every single piece of it's functionality dependent on the date and time settings?

Did you have a 3 year old program the software?

Comment

• Comment

• So the new PS3 slims are not borked with this clock malfunction?
                                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information