No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be grabbing Heavy Rain tomorrow. Seemed to get a lot of love on this board and I really enjoyed the demo, so I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
    Originally posted by Job
    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
      please do... still making up my mind on buying or not
      I have it for the 360, and while it starts off slow, about halfway through things really pick up for the better. If your on the fence, I'd say go for it. Im about 3/4s way through, maybe a little more, had a house not blown up in my town and the police shutting down the universities power I would of been a little further. But anyway, yeah its good. I like it so much better then 12.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Road to the Show mode is an f'n blast. I made a starting pitcher the other day and I'm already almost done with my 2nd season. I was drafted by Toronto. Spent my entire first season in Double A pitching for the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. I'm a starting pitcher. 137 IP, 3.35 ERA, 9-7, 87 K, 18 B. I was a hard luck loser. Lots of blown leads by the bullpen.

Second year, I made 2 starts in AA, went 2-0 giving up 4 total runs and got moved up to Triple A, this time the Las Vegas 51's (Sweet name and jerseys, btw) I went 5-1 with a 2.19 ERA before I was traded to Cincinnati for Francisco Cordero and Ramon Hernandez. Toronto was only 3 games out, so apparently they wanted some help in the bullpen and behind the plate. Good to know I was worth that much, haha.

Anyways, I immediately became the #2 SP for the Louisville Bats and started pitching really well.

I love the way the pitches don't go exactly where you want them to go, even if you get a perfect pitch off of the meter. My guy had like 65 control on all his pitches, and if I got the meter right, it probably went where I wanted it to go around 65 percent of the time. Very realistic. Also, you can't throw really anything up in the zone except for a fastball, which is also realistic. Comparing that to the 2K series, if you get it perfect, it goes where you want, exactly on the corner, every time. That's not pitching.

Anyways, I ended the AAA season 14-2 with a 1.99 ERA and 1.09 WHIP. I had 136 K and 37 BB in 158 IP. I finally got called up as a September callup and just made my first start for the Reds against Colorado, who had traded for Manny Ramirez and were leading the NL West.

I threw a gem. 1 hit shutout. I couldn't believe how lucky I got. Lots of line drives right at guys. Brandon Phillips made at least 4 web gems. It was crazy.

So now, I am the hot rookie prospect for Cincy and will probably play it all day tomorrow once I get home from work. The game is sooooooooo addicting.

Here are my pitches

4 seam fastball 96 MPH
        Slider 85 MPH
        Sweeping curve 76 MPH
        Splitter 85 MPH
        2 seam fastball 90 MPH

I went for more velocity than control, so I got by in the minors pretty much purely on stuff, but now, I noticed most of the balls hit against me were a lot harder.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I just made a speedy shortstop. Dude is sick 5'9" 185lbs. He is built like a tank. I just wanna steal home one time and blast the catcher. I really suck at hitting. I strike out a lot. Im gonna make a pitcher, it's more fun.

The controls are very annoying especially when you're running the bases. Takes some time getting used to, I was never a big The Show fan so Im still new to it.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
          Originally posted by fenikz
          we all hate you

Comment

• So I'm thinking of finally getting Heavy Rain the week after next since that'll be Spring Break for me. Is it still fun for the people that have had it for a while?
            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
              I just made a speedy shortstop. Dude is sick 5'9" 185lbs. He is built like a tank. I just wanna steal home one time and blast the catcher. I really suck at hitting. I strike out a lot. Im gonna make a pitcher, it's more fun.

The controls are very annoying especially when you're running the bases. Takes some time getting used to, I was never a big The Show fan so Im still new to it.
              I have last year's The Show and I made a 1st baseman. The trick is to get a hit in every game because once you break the all time consecutive hits streak you get something like 1000 points to improve your player.

Comment

• I just traded in a bunch of games and use a couple of gift cards at Gamestop & walked out with Uncharted (1) & God of War III.... however, i will not be playing either of them until I finish the 4 classes that I am taking in order to get a raise.

I figure that it will be both torturous & quite motivating...
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• CCSD has been playing it for a while, he can probably give you a good answer.

Anyone playing God of War 3 now? I'm still playing the collection and still waiting for a tax return check to come before I'll pick it up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    CCSD has been playing it for a while, he can probably give you a good answer.

Anyone playing God of War 3 now? I'm still playing the collection and still waiting for a tax return check to come before I'll pick it up.
                    Played the demo, pretty cool, but I just bought Heavy Rain and The Show recently, so I can't really justify buying another game for a while. I guess I'll just put it on my gamefly queue and wait patiently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                      Played the demo, pretty cool, but I just bought Heavy Rain and The Show recently, so I can't really justify buying another game for a while. I guess I'll just put it on my gamefly queue and wait patiently.
                      Nice. If you want to play The Show let me know! If it's not too laggy it can be pretty fun. I'm actually fairly good online. Not so much at hitting, but I can pitch really well.
                      (shameless self-promotion)
                      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                        since people are probably a good ways in (or done, i guess)... any final thoughts on ff?
                        The farther I get into the game, the more Im loving it. The battle system has you get farther into the game get more and more impressive, more complex.

The farther I get into it, I notice its a lot different then the last FF games. Yes, this game is linear, but not to where is not challenging. Im probably only about %35 into the game, a lot of reviews say the game frees up considerably about mid way.

The graphics and cinematics are gorgeous, top notch. The attention to detail is incredible. Im totally engrossed in the storyline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                          Yeah, I hear you. I may even decide just to buy the Show and put God of War off for a little bit, I'm not sure yet. I really want to play the road to the show mode or whatever it's called.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I feel like buying a new game, but dont know which game tio buy....

I currently own MW2, and Madden 10

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

• Everyone will tell you to buy something different. You got GOW 3, Heavy Rain, NBA 2k10, TheShow 10. All good choices imo. What kind of game are you looking for?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                              Originally posted by fenikz
                              we all hate you

Comment

• Those are all great choices, I'd add...

God of War Collection, Uncharted 1 + 2, Resistance 1 + 2, inFAMOUS, Bioshock 1 + 2, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Assassins Creed 1 + 2, GTA4.

lol. Take your pick. There are tons of great games to get out there. Uncharted is a great place to start for any PS3 owner.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information