Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    We posted a bunch on the previous page, I believe, or the one before that.

Anyway I bought the Show today. yay. Still havent played. I plan on starting up a road to the show guy today.
    Road to the show is very fun. From playing the game batting is not very easy though and that's frustrating, especially when you play online.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
    Originally posted by fenikz
    we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
      I'm considering purchasing a PS3 in a couple of months. I'm not very familiar with a lot of the games that have been released on the system so I'd like to know what you guys think would be like 5-10 games that are must haves (or close to it). Don't worry about multi-platform games.
      Assassin's Creed (1 and 2)
      Call of Duty 4
      God of War Collection
      Metal Gear Solid 4
      Uncharted (1 and 2)

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
        Assassin's Creed (1 and 2)
        Call of Duty 4
        God of War Collection
        Metal Gear Solid 4
        Uncharted (1 and 2)
        The Assassin's Creeds kick ass and I have COD on 360.

But thanks for the other suggestions. Can't get those on another system!

Comment

• So what positions are your Road to the Show guys?

If you can have two at a time...I plan on making a fielder and a starting pitcher. Not sure what position to play yet, though.

edit...created a RF. Kind of lame that I always know when the ball is coming my way. I hate base running so far as well. I'm 3-9 so far at the plate. Have never come close to walking, which sucks. I want to walk.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-24-2010, 07:21 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

I'm considering purchasing a PS3 in a couple of months. I'm not very familiar with a lot of the games that have been released on the system so I'd like to know what you guys think would be like 5-10 games that are must haves (or close to it). Don't worry about multi-platform games.
            1. God of War 3 (pick up the Collection if you haven't played the first two)
            2. Heavy Rain
            3. Metal Gear 4
            4. Final Fantasy XIII (multiplatform, but it's way better on PS3)
            5. Uncharted 2 (first one doesn't compare)

Other good exclusives to consider:
            MLB The Show 2010 (if you're into baseball)
            Resistance 1 & 2
            Uncharted 1
            Burnout Paradise

For a good balance (Action, Adventure, Sports, RPG, Sim, Racing), I'd go...
            1. GoW3
            2. MLB The Show
            3. Final Fantasy XIII
            4. MGS 4
            5. Resistance 2
            ...and continue to wait for GT5 to get your racing fix.
            Last edited by nepg; 03-24-2010, 10:33 AM.

Comment

So what positions are your Road to the Show guys?

If you can have two at a time...I plan on making a fielder and a starting pitcher. Not sure what position to play yet, though.

edit...created a RF. Kind of lame that I always know when the ball is coming my way. I hate base running so far as well. I'm 3-9 so far at the plate. Have never come close to walking, which sucks. I want to walk.
              I made a SS and a SP. My SS is fast but yea the baserunning sucks and takes some time getting used to. I walked a few times tho. :D

Pitching is a lot more fun for me. Even though you're a starter they start you as a reliever.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
              Originally posted by fenikz
              we all hate you

Comment

These are some of my favorite exclusive PS3 titles:

1. Heavy Rain (Cutting edge game, basically a playable move, epic)
                2. Uncharted 1 + 2 (Another game that plays out like a movie, think indiana jones meets the prince of persia)
                3. MLB The Show 10 (Rivals NBA 2k10 for my favorite sports title)
                4. Metal Gear (I'm sure you know enough about this series)
                5. inFamous (A game thats loads of fun, you can climb pretty much anything in the game and shoot balls of electricity)
                6. The Ratchet and Clank Series ( you're probably familiar with this series, probably my favorite platformer out right now)

Speaking of exclusives, has there been any talks of a Sly Cooper game on the PS3? I loved that series on the PS2.

Comment

I haven't made a guy in the new one but I had a SS in the first one, it's a really fun mode. When I get home I think I'm going to make a catcher, they just added that position to the game so I want to see how it plays.

Comment

I am a starter but my friend is in his 12th season as a centerfielder and he says it's pretty fun.

The game wins me over with Franchise mode.. I know the trade waiver bug is still annoying, but if you just ignore it, it's one of the best franchise modes ever. Extremely deep. Also, some guys over at Operation Sports are making full minor league rosters, so my life will probably be over once those are completed.
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                      I am a starter but my friend is in his 12th season as a centerfielder and he says it's pretty fun.

The game wins me over with Franchise mode.. I know the trade waiver bug is still annoying, but if you just ignore it, it's one of the best franchise modes ever. Extremely deep. Also, some guys over at Operation Sports are making full minor league rosters, so my life will probably be over once those are completed.
                      The guy @ OS named Knight put out a ridiculous roster last year, I'm waiting patiently for his 10' version.

Also the waiver wire glitch thing is hard to avoid when you get the opportunity to claim Joe Mauer and/or Prince Fielder haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                        Speaking of exclusives, has there been any talks of a Sly Cooper game on the PS3? I loved that series on the PS2.
                        Honestly, I wouldn't expect it at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                          Honestly, I wouldn't expect it at this point.
                          That's a damn shame, such a fun game.

Comment

• My only real problem with it right now, is that I cant walk at all. I'm trying hard, getting to 3-1 or 3-2. And then they just throw strikes. It's pretty annoying. I've almost played a month on All-Star, and am hitting just over .400 but, I'm a singles and K machine. And havent walked once yet. I'm like Francoeur when he was a pup. Bleh. I havent made my pitcher yet, I bet it will be more fun.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• I looked up a few trailers on youtube, and decided to get "Battlefield: Bad Company 2"

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

My only real problem with it right now, is that I cant walk at all. I'm trying hard, getting to 3-1 or 3-2. And then they just throw strikes. It's pretty annoying. I've almost played a month on All-Star, and am hitting just over .400 but, I'm a singles and K machine. And havent walked once yet. I'm like Francoeur when he was a pup. Bleh. I havent made my pitcher yet, I bet it will be more fun.
                                I had the same issues as you as a position player. I made a pitcher and am having loads more fun.

Made a big, lefty knuckleball pitcher. Pretty fun, since there are so few out there it makes my guy feel unique.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                                Originally posted by Job
                                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information