Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
    king of exclusives, has there been any talks of a Sly Cooper game on the PS3? I loved that series on the PS2.
    There was an easter egg in Infamous at some movie theater saying Sly Cooper 4. There was also suppose to be a trailer for it at E3 but that was a few years ago. I'm sure it'll come either before Infamous 2 or after.

As for some PS3 exclusives to get, I completely agree with CCB in the Ratchet and Clank series. They're probably my favorite franchise out on the PS3. Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore, Demon Souls, and Little Big Planet are some others I'd recommend.
    Last edited by nrk; 03-25-2010, 02:13 AM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Anyone picked up Just Cause 2 yet? It is perfect for me, in GTA3, VC, and SA all I did after a while was run around shooting people, blowing stuff up, etc. GTA4 was a great game but way too serious.

JC2 is SOOO much fun. The world is huge and beautiful, the weapons and missions are fun, it's just a great game. There are some things that could be better, and I think if Rockstar had made this game they would've done a better job, but they're too busy sucking off the 360 to care about PS3 customers so **** them.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
        Anyone picked up Just Cause 2 yet? It is perfect for me, in GTA3, VC, and SA all I did after a while was run around shooting people, blowing stuff up, etc. GTA4 was a great game but way too serious.

JC2 is SOOO much fun. The world is huge and beautiful, the weapons and missions are fun, it's just a great game. There are some things that could be better, and I think if Rockstar had made this game they would've done a better job, but they're too busy sucking off the 360 to care about PS3 customers so **** them.
        Lol what? How is that?

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
          Lol what? How is that?
          Well now I need to take my foot out of my mouth. I thought all the DLC and Episodes from LIberty City stuff was a 360 exclusive but apparently it's all coming out next month for PS3.

Comment

Well now I need to take my foot out of my mouth. I thought all the DLC and Episodes from LIberty City stuff was a 360 exclusive but apparently it's all coming out next month for PS3.
            Yeah, stupid Microsoft paid $50 million for it to be exclusive for a year on the 360. Well maybe it wasn't so stupid, because apparantly they made $20 million from the deal.
            Last edited by nrk; 03-29-2010, 12:00 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Yeah, stupid Microsoft paid $50 million for it to be exclusive for a year on the 360. Well maybe it wasn't so stupid, because apparantly they made $20 million from the deal.
              $20 million profit? That is pretty good, but you have to wonder if they would've made that much less if they hadn't paid $50 million for an exclusive. They paid $50M to make $70M. What if they'd paid $0M and made $40M?

There is probably more to it that we don't know about. But I doubt that without exclusivity they would've made that much less money.

Plus it just pissed me off because I bought a PS3 a long time ago specifically because I thought Sony would have exclusivity like they did on PS2.

Comment

$20 million profit? That is pretty good, but you have to wonder if they would've made that much less if they hadn't paid $50 million for an exclusive. They paid $50M to make $70M. What if they'd paid $0M and made $40M?

There is probably more to it that we don't know about. But I doubt that without exclusivity they would've made that much less money.

Plus it just pissed me off because I bought a PS3 a long time ago specifically because I thought Sony would have exclusivity like they did on PS2.
                They made 20 million on sales of the game. The unseen amount of money is the people who bought 360s so they could get the Exclusive Bonus Content right away. They didn't do it for just the game, they do it for console sales.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                  They made 20 million on sales of the game. The unseen amount of money is the people who bought 360s so they could get the Exclusive Bonus Content right away. They didn't do it for just the game, they do it for console sales.
                  And with it being impossible to quantify that without interviewing every person who bought a 360 in the given time frame, there's no way to tell if it was worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                    I highly, highly doubt that they made anywhere close to $50 million in console sales solely based on the fact that they had exclusive dlc on a game for one year. That just doesn't seem very realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      I highly, highly doubt that they made anywhere close to $50 million in console sales solely based on the fact that they had exclusive dlc on a game for one year. That just doesn't seem very realistic.
                      Probably not, but really it was tactic to slow down PS3's rising number of console sales. I was just pointing out that the 360 was just trying to create a larger market share for themselves, not about the success or lack there of.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• I'm sure it was to also to get people to buy GTA 4 for 360 if they had both systems. I returned GTA 4 on PS3 to buy it on 360 once I found out about the DLC.

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post

Also, GTA 3, Vice City, and San Adreas weren't exclusive to the PS2. They came out on Xbox, just not when they were released. I think they had III and Vice City in a double pack before San Andreas came out if I recall correctly. San Andreas came out at the same time for Xbox and PS2.
                        Last edited by nrk; 03-29-2010, 04:26 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Isnt Rockstar going PS3 exclusive with "Agent"?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Isnt Rockstar going PS3 exclusive with "Agent"?
                            Yeah, I believe it is. I haven't seen much about it though.

Red Dead Redemption comes out in a month, can't wait. I loved the first Red Dead game, Red Dead Revolver.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• I never beat Red Dead Revolver...I rented it once, thought it was pretty sweet but never got around to beating it. I'll probably rent the new one. I'm not a big ole west fan but, the game is bound to be a good one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

I'm sure it was to also to get people to buy GTA 4 for 360 if they had both systems. I returned GTA 4 on PS3 to buy it on 360 once I found out about the DLC.

Also, GTA 3, Vice City, and San Adreas weren't exclusive to the PS2. They came out on Xbox, just not when they were released. I think they had III and Vice City in a double pack before San Andreas came out if I recall correctly. San Andreas came out at the same time for Xbox and PS2.
                                Technically, GTA3 and Vice City I believe were exclusives for PS2.

But then when 360 came out, Rockstar decided to put San Andreas out on both 360 and PS3, ending the exclusivity, and probably re-released 3 and VC for xbox.

So, before any next gen console was out, I'm almost positive that GTA3 and Vice City were only on PS2. I remember because I debated about getting 360 or PS3 when they came out, and one knock I had about getting 360 was no GTA. But then it came out that San Andreas would be on both.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information