No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Andreas came out on the orginal xbox and ps2. PS2 first, xbox some time later. I remember because, I had to buy it for my ps2, which I didnt really want to do, because it was on its last legs. Came out in like October for ps2 and then May or June for Xbox. I wasnt going to wait that long, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Yea, I was mistaken on that part.

Point being, GTA3 and Vice City were PS2 exclusives before San Andreas came out.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        Technically, GTA3 and Vice City I believe were exclusives for PS2.

But then when 360 came out, Rockstar decided to put San Andreas out on both 360 and PS3, ending the exclusivity, and probably re-released 3 and VC for xbox.

So, before any next gen console was out, I'm almost positive that GTA3 and Vice City were only on PS2. I remember because I debated about getting 360 or PS3 when they came out, and one knock I had about getting 360 was no GTA. But then it came out that San Andreas would be on both.
        No, the double pack came out Oct. 31, 2003. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/adventu...to3/index.html

San Andreas was released 2004. It was released on Xbox in 2005.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• At the very least GTA 3 was a PS2 exclusive. I remember that much.

Played some more Just Cause 2 last night. Still awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
            No, the double pack came out Oct. 31, 2003. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/adventu...to3/index.html

San Andreas was released 2004. It was released on Xbox in 2005.
            Yea, I was mistaken.

Like I said, either way, 3 and VC were PS2 exclusives prior to San Andreas.

And I really feel like getting Just Cause 2. Maybe it's because GTA4 was a pretty huge disappointment and has left a gaping hole in my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
              Yea, I was mistaken.

Like I said, either way, 3 and VC were PS2 exclusives prior to San Andreas.

And I really feel like getting Just Cause 2. Maybe it's because GTA4 was a pretty huge disappointment and has left a gaping hole in my life.
              I liked GTA4 but it was missing the mindless fun aspect of things. They went for gritty and more realistic, and they succeeded, but I liked some of the things that they decided to leave out. I remember in GTA 3 and VC when you get into a tank or an attack chopper with missiles for the first time and you're like "Oh HELL yes!" There are no moments like that in GTA4.

JC2 definitely isn't the storyteller that GTA4 is, but the mindless action factor is through the roof.
              Last edited by killxswitch; 03-30-2010, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                I liked GTA4 but it was missing the mindless fun aspect of things. They went for gritty and more realistic, and they succeeded, but I liked some of the things that they decided to leave out. I remember in GTA 3 and VC when you get into a tank or an attack chopper with missiles for the first time and you're like "Oh HELL yes!" There are no moments like that in GTA4.

JC2 definitely isn't the storyteller that GTA4 is, but the mindless action factor is through the roof.
                Exactly. I really don't play GTA to make up for my lack of crime in the real world. I play it to **** around, blow **** up, start police chases, etc. GTA4 was just really boring and the missions didn't seem like ridiculously unrealistic, which is part of the fun of previous GTAs. I had like no urge to start rampages in GTA4.

I still haven't finished GTA4. I played it for a while, then stopped after it got boring and repetitive. I started again last week, played one mission, remembered why I stopped, and haven't played since.

Comment

• GTA4 is my favorite one. I think it's the only one I beat besides GTA2. I was close to beating San Andreas then put in some demo disc which was fubared and it deleted my save info. Just messing around bored the hell out of me.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• I really liked GTA4, more than I thought I would. I actually think the games can get boring pretty but, I liked the way the took the story. I'm going to play again eventually.

As for the other ones, my buddy and I always used to play one and two, which actually had a lot to do with stealing cars in the game, hence the name. I never played 3 all the way through, watched my friend play it. And then I beat the others.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• If you are looking at this thread, you should join the Video Game Character Draft, it's tomorrow. PM me, or http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39885

MOTH you're cheating on your 360 I am shocked.

Comment

• I was gonna play some duty before I went to bed, but it looks like that isn't happening because of a god damn piece of **** ******* software update. Sometimes I hate ps3s so much.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I haven't noticed any problems with the translation. I felt most of the characters weren't that great until Chapter 9 (which is the half-way point in the storyline - but not the game).

The first chunk of the game basically is a tutorial. You don't start gaining CP (XP) until after the first major fight in the game.

Comment

• That's part of the fun with Snow. It's annoying at first, but grows on you a little later as he says it less.

Comment

• I rented FFXIII. Didn't get to chapter 9, as it wasn't that long of a rental. It is an OK game but not worth $60. I'll probably buy it when it gets down in the $30ish range.

Also, I beat the main story missions on Just Cause 2 already. Bummer. I thought there would be more. There are still plenty of mercenary missions to do so it's still fun, but there were seriously like 5 regular story missions. If I had it to do over again I would've waited on buying it.

For some reason I can't justify buying GOW3 either. I am a huge fan of that series but I've heard it's way too short. I think I'll wait until the new Clash of the Titans movie comes out, see that, then get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                                I rented FFXIII. Didn't get to chapter 9, as it wasn't that long of a rental. It is an OK game but not worth $60. I'll probably buy it when it gets down in the $30ish range.

Also, I beat the main story missions on Just Cause 2 already. Bummer. I thought there would be more. There are still plenty of mercenary missions to do so it's still fun, but there were seriously like 5 regular story missions. If I had it to do over again I would've waited on buying it.

For some reason I can't justify buying GOW3 either. I am a huge fan of that series but I've heard it's way too short. I think I'll wait until the new Clash of the Titans movie comes out, see that, then get it.
                                FFXIII is mostly just backstory and learning how to play the game until after Chapter 9. And I doubt this one will drop to the ~$30 range anytime soon.

GOW3 is actually pretty long for an action-adventure game. 10-11 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information