Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    all right, you bastards. i took your advice and bought ff13. i've played for like, 2 hours and all i can say is...

what. the. ****.

what is going on? who the **** are these people? when will ****ing japanese game designers learn that they need to re-write the english dialogue because the translations sound idiotic?

i'm still playing because, as here, all indications are that the game gets much better later, but it's really hard to care about what's happening and not just button mash through the cutscenes so i can get back to sprinting past bad guys who i don't want to fight because the fights are, to this point, an exercise in hitting x three times in a row until everyone is dead. i've used one potion because the stupid tutorial forced me to.

bleh. i know it gets better. but i needed to vent my frustration.
    Stay the course man. Trust me. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
      FFXIII is mostly just backstory and learning how to play the game until after Chapter 9. And I doubt this one will drop to the ~$30 range anytime soon.

GOW3 is actually pretty long for an action-adventure game. 10-11 hours.
      I know it'll be months, but I don't mind waiting.

Heh, I didn't realize Clash of the Titans was already out. I might be buying GOW3 sooner than I think.

Comment

• So I am replaying God of War collection and I had forgotten how hard it is to put the controller down.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
          So I am replaying God of War collection and I had forgotten how hard it is to put the controller down.
          Yep. And their graphics really aren't too bad on the PS3. It's easy to sit down and play for a bit and then realize oh crap its 4am.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
            **** heavy rain. seriously. ****ing worthless installer froze twice and trashed my hard drive. had to spend 3+ hours last night reformatting it and (of course) losing all of my data (because there's no way to auto-backup anything).

[/angry, pointless rant]

on the plus side, this has shown me how ridiculously easy it is to replace the HDD, so maybe i'll stuff in a 1tb at some point (once i figure out how to hack a back-up plan).
            So you didnt even get to play Heavy Rain?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• My PS3 and God of War 3 should be arriving from Amazon today. Woohoo! First time I've owned a video game console since XBox. Not a huge gamer, but I needed a new DVD player and thought GoW3 looked amazing soo...made the impromptu purchase on Amazon. Super excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                My PS3 and God of War 3 should be arriving from Amazon today. Woohoo! First time I've owned a video game console since XBox. Not a huge gamer, but I needed a new DVD player and thought GoW3 looked amazing soo...made the impromptu purchase on Amazon. Super excited.
                Have you played the first 2?

Comment

• haha. Me being me, the thing would still be broken and I'd be on here ranting.

So what's this mean exactly? No Heavy Rain for njx at all? Because that would suck. As soon as I tackle the Orange Box, I'm going to give Heavy Rain another go around and just mess around with my decisions.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• So, I've got videos that I'd like to play on my PS3 saved on a USB device. However, the PS3 isn't recognizing anything on the device. Do I have to put it in a specific format or am I doing something else wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
                      So, I've got videos that I'd like to play on my PS3 saved on a USB device. However, the PS3 isn't recognizing anything on the device. Do I have to put it in a specific format or am I doing something else wrong?
                      Hit triangle on your device and then display all or whatever the name is. I asked that question earlier and got that answer, saved me a bunch of time.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• yea Triangle is like an info button and gives you options.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        we all hate you

Comment

• Yes, I think it's Triangle and then something to the effect of "Display all devices" and everything should pop up (assuming it's in the right format/place).

Took me a while to figure out why nothing was showing up when I first got my PS3 too haha.

Comment

• I used to do the USB drive thing but figured out how to share my Videos folder on my PC so now I just play everything over the network. It is awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                              I used to do the USB drive thing but figured out how to share my Videos folder on my PC so now I just play everything over the network. It is awesome.
                              I could never stream from my computer onto my 360 or PS3 for some reason. It is for this reason that I thank the inventor of the HDMI cord, for creating a device that allows me to turn my laptop and TV into a multimedia superstation!

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                                I could never stream from my computer onto my 360 or PS3 for some reason. It is for this reason that I thank the inventor of the HDMI cord, for creating a device that allows me to turn my laptop and TV into a multimedia superstation!
                                I could never get it to work on Windows XP, but since upgrading my PC (and getting Windows 7) it works great.

Your laptop setup sounds good too though. HDMI can be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information