No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So there's a game coming out in early June called Backbreaker. It's a non-NFL football game. It's made by the people who created the physics engine that they used in GTA 4 and a few other pretty popular games. I've seen some gameplay videos and it looks promising. With the level of customization available it won't be long until people have added NFL logos and rosters and make them available for downloading. I am not thrilled with the player models but it's a promising step in the right direction. I am so tired of crappy outdated Madden.

Comment

• Downloaded UFC 2010 demo. Play pretty much the same as 2009. Just a few extra nicks.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
      Originally posted by fenikz
      we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
        So there's a game coming out in early June called Backbreaker. It's a non-NFL football game. It's made by the people who created the physics engine that they used in GTA 4 and a few other pretty popular games. I've seen some gameplay videos and it looks promising. With the level of customization available it won't be long until people have added NFL logos and rosters and make them available for downloading. I am not thrilled with the player models but it's a promising step in the right direction. I am so tired of crappy outdated Madden.
        Ya, I'm torn on whether to get Backbreaker. I haven't bought a Madden since '05, and am definitely getting a football game this year. Backbreaker looks good, but how long will it hold my interest? Tough to tell. The main reason I play Madden is for Franchise, but Backbreaker doesn't seem to have quite the same take on that aspect.

Comment

• I'll probably rent Backbreaker, I'm sure it will be subpar. The players are all Blitz esque, juicers. You have a LB body at QB throwing to a another LB type body at WR. I havent loved the gameplay videos I've seen all that much.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            I'll probably rent Backbreaker, I'm sure it will be subpar. The players are all Blitz esque, juicers. You have a LB body at QB throwing to a another LB type body at WR. I havent loved the gameplay videos I've seen all that much.
            Maybe EA will just buy the tech and plug it into Madden 12.

It seems like by now we should have better football games than we do.

Comment

• ok boys, a few days ago I took my ps3 over to my friends house. And when I connected it back to my tv I did everything like before, turn the ps3 on, the light comes on but when i got to AVI on my tv it says "no signal" what am I doing wrong? Also I thought the back of the ps3 was supposed to blow cool air, I got hot air coming out of mine.

As you can probably tell, I don't know much about ps3s lol

Comment

• So I'll probably be copping a PS3 within the next few months because of Modnation Racers. Besides downloading FF VII-IX from PSN because I never played them, I don't really have much more of an idea of what I should get. Any ideas? It should be noted I have a 360 so any cross-platform game doesn't really do me any good. I already have Bioshock, Assassin's Creed II, GTA IV, and Arkham Asylum for Microsoft's machine. I mainly am wondering what PS3 exclusives I should consider. Thank you.
                I don't really have anything to say for my sig.

Comment

• Anyone picking up Red Dead Redemption? I loved Red Dead Revolver.. I want to pre-order Redemption, but I'm not sure which I want more.. the War Horse or the Assassin Outfit.
                  Last edited by WMD; 05-13-2010, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
                    Anyone picking up Red Dead Redemption? I loved Red Dead Revolver.. I want to pre-order Redemption, but I'm not sure which I want more.. the War Horse or the Assassin Outfit.
                    I just found out that an acquaintance, had class with the kid in a couple lectures/ filled in attendance for eachother etc, worked on the trailers for Red Dead Redemption. Pretty sweet I think.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                      ok boys, a few days ago I took my ps3 over to my friends house. And when I connected it back to my tv I did everything like before, turn the ps3 on, the light comes on but when i got to AVI on my tv it says "no signal" what am I doing wrong? Also I thought the back of the ps3 was supposed to blow cool air, I got hot air coming out of mine.

As you can probably tell, I don't know much about ps3s lol
                      Try this link...I had this problem when I originally got mine.

Apparently link = virus, so here is what it says:

"I ran across this problem when moving my Playstation 3 from my parents house to my house. I don't have an HD-TV(yet!!). So when I brough it over from my parents house (who have HDMI), to my TV (composite connection), the TV would just be blank.

This was because I had set the PS3 to output HDMI at my parents house, but forgotten to switch it to composite before bring it over to my house. So driving blind, I would never be able to find the menu to reset it.

By Sony had already though of this problem and there is an easy solution:

* Make sure the system is off.
                      * Hold down the Power Button for 5-6 seconds - until you hear the second beep.
                      * That's it, your video settings are reset and you should be able to choose your input and configure it from there."
                      Last edited by bigredballer; 05-13-2010, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                        it's an exhaust vent. if the air inside is warm, it'll exhaust warm air (otherwise, the thing would catch on fire before you got past the madden loading screen).
                        Whaaa...!? You mean the little vent in the back isn't an air conditioner?

Anyways, I'm seriously pondering breaking down and buying a PS3. There's a few games out there I've decided are probably worth playing and the exclusive game The Last Guardian kinda seals the Playstation over a 360.

Comment

• Originally posted by molenguinurtle View Post
                          So I'll probably be copping a PS3 within the next few months because of Modnation Racers. Besides downloading FF VII-IX from PSN because I never played them, I don't really have much more of an idea of what I should get. Any ideas? It should be noted I have a 360 so any cross-platform game doesn't really do me any good. I already have Bioshock, Assassin's Creed II, GTA IV, and Arkham Asylum for Microsoft's machine. I mainly am wondering what PS3 exclusives I should consider. Thank you.
                          God of War III
                          Heavy Rain
                          Uncharted II
                          Final Fantasy XIII (not exclusive, but better for PS3) - and you're obviously a fan
                          Demon Souls
                          MLB The Show

Last Guardian does look like a winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigredballer View Post
                            Try this link...I had this problem when I originally got mine.

Apparently link = virus, so here is what it says:

"I ran across this problem when moving my Playstation 3 from my parents house to my house. I don't have an HD-TV(yet!!). So when I brough it over from my parents house (who have HDMI), to my TV (composite connection), the TV would just be blank.

This was because I had set the PS3 to output HDMI at my parents house, but forgotten to switch it to composite before bring it over to my house. So driving blind, I would never be able to find the menu to reset it.

By Sony had already though of this problem and there is an easy solution:

* Make sure the system is off.
                            * Hold down the Power Button for 5-6 seconds - until you hear the second beep.
                            * That's it, your video settings are reset and you should be able to choose your input and configure it from there."
                            Yep. Hold down the power button on the front for awhile, and it'll reset the video settings...and all will be well again.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                              God of War III
                              Heavy Rain
                              Uncharted II
                              Final Fantasy XIII (not exclusive, but better for PS3) - and you're obviously a fan
                              Demon Souls
                              MLB The Show

Last Guardian does look like a winner.
                              Great list...I'd add inFAMOUS, the original Uncharted, the God of War Collection, and the Resistance series, however. That's pretty much my list of PS3 games...I dont have many, but I have a great collection of PS3 exclusives.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• I just bought MAG today, I'm pretty excited!
                                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information