No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been holding on to PS2 for awhile and now I'm going to make the jump to PS3 sometime over the summer. Have to get a TV too. Saw this deal on walmart's website. 120gb console 2 controllers and 2 games for $400. I pretty much only play sports games and sometimes a fighting game. Anybody got advice?

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Madden and Fight Night. I heard Street Fighter 4 was good but I haven't personally played it. Morta Kombat VS DC was decent. I liked it.
      The new Capcom vs Marvel looks pretty good too. I'll probably buy that.
      NBA 2K10 is probably good. I play 2K10 Combine and that's pretty fun. Especially for just $5.
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by garrard9 View Post
        I've been holding on to PS2 for awhile and now I'm going to make the jump to PS3 sometime over the summer. Have to get a TV too. Saw this deal on walmart's website. 120gb console 2 controllers and 2 games for $400. I pretty much only play sports games and sometimes a fighting game. Anybody got advice?
        Super Street Fighter IV, NBA 2k10, NHL 10, FIFA, MLB The Show... Wait for Madden in August... Not too many fighting games on the PS3 or 360 that are worth a crap. You could get the UFC game...that and SF4 are pretty much it right now. Marvel v. Capcom coming out soon and should be amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
          I play 2K10 Combine and that's pretty fun. Especially for just $5.
          2K10 combine was pure awful IMO. Its not even worth a dollar. If thats how NBA 2K10 is I don't know how people could play it because it sucks.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by garrard9 View Post
            I've been holding on to PS2 for awhile and now I'm going to make the jump to PS3 sometime over the summer. Have to get a TV too. Saw this deal on walmart's website. 120gb console 2 controllers and 2 games for $400. I pretty much only play sports games and sometimes a fighting game. Anybody got advice?
            Super Street Fighter IV is fun, I play it on 360. It would be my first suggestion and it's only $39.99. BlazBlue is good, made from the creators of Guilty Gear but it isn't as fast or complex as GG. Also, another version is about to be released like Super Street Fighter IV. I'd look up some videos and if you liked it, wait for the new version to come out. You can get Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on the PSN while waiting for MvC3 to come out.

If you like 3d fighters better than 2d I'd go with Tekken. I'm not a Tekken player, but the new Tekken is fun, I got some friends who play it often. Soul Caliber 4 is decent, but Tekken is much better. I guess another would be Mortal Kombat vs DC, but I'd choose every game mentioned so far before that.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• So has anyone heard about getting a refund from Sony since they removed the "other OS" feature from PS3?

Apparently if you bought a PS3 prior to like 2009 or something, an older version, you had a feature to run a different OS on it, such as Linux. And the latest update removed that feature, so I've read that you may be able to get like a $100 refund since it was sold to you as having that feature, and now removing it takes away a feature you paid for, without your consent or something.

Comment

• I didnt do anything with the OS but a refund would be nice. I got my PS3 like the 2nd weekend they came out.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                  I didnt do anything with the OS but a refund would be nice. I got my PS3 like the 2nd weekend they came out.
                  Yea, idk what the deal is, but I've been told that if you have an older version (pretty much anything older than 2 years I think), you might be able to get a refund of like $100.

I never use the Other OS either, but apparently some guy in the UK filed a complaint with Sony because the PS3 was sold as having the ability to run other operating systems, and to remove it without the owner's consent makes the PS3 less than able to function as sold or something, so he got a refund. Idk if it will apply to all countries, i.e. the US, but it would be awesome if some of us could get $100 for basically nothing lol.

I'll try to keep updating if I find anything, or if someone knows for sure that'd be great. :)

Comment

• Seems like old news. I googled it and all the original action happened in April.

I had some vague plans to install Linux at some point on it but I didn't even know they removed the feature. It isn't worth it to me to prove that I bought the PS3 when I bought it.

Comment

• Yea, I never use it so I had no idea it happened. But just found out about all that stuff over the weekend, so I figured I'd see if anyone here heard about it.

Either way, it's not like a huge deal to go after, but if you wanted, $100 would be cool if it was available.

Comment

• so i just watched the sony e3 press conference and was extremly dissapointed there was nothing at all new that i was intrested in.

Comment

• I've pretty much been burned out on MGS since playing through the 3rd one (I got tired of forwarding my way through ridiculously complicated stories), but the trailer for the new one was insane.

If they actually managed to make a world that you can cut up anyway you like, that game will be amazingly entertaining.

Comment

• I'm downloading the Backbreaker demo right now.. it's taking half an hour. Anybody know some little tricks I can do to speed up the PS3 downloads? I seem to have a little bit of lag when playing games too, along with the slow downloading speed.

I've got the PS3 wireless, through my Router.. I'm sure there's settings I can screw around with somewhere. The settings say I should be getting 2 MB per second, so this download of a 437MB file should not take 30 minutes.

Comment

• I would like to get Red Dead for PS3 but can anyone that has it let me know if the PS3 version has the bugs that most multiplat ports have...
                              save Freeman

Comment

• I dont know if any of you have any near you...but all Game Crazy stores are going out of business. They ordered an insane amount of God of War 3's and are having a hard time selling them. So they marked them down to $18 brand new. You guys should look into it, if you have one near you. I picked up a copy today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information