Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • As most of you guys know Im gettin a PS3 in a week or so before Madden. I have a few questions. Is setting up for online the same as PS2, run the cable (Cat5E Blue?) from the PS3 to computer? Is the bluetooth headset the only one that will work with the PS3? Anything I should know? Anything I should get? Any other information is appreciated.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
      As most of you guys know Im gettin a PS3 in a week or so before Madden. I have a few questions. Is setting up for online the same as PS2, run the cable (Cat5E Blue?) from the PS3 to computer? Is the bluetooth headset the only one that will work with the PS3? Anything I should know? Anything I should get? Any other information is appreciated.
      Getting online is simple as can be. For you, just plug in the cable and connect (read instructions on how to establish connection). The bluetooth works really good as a headset but other regular ones work as well. I think they have to be usb though.

      Basically, just get the system. It comes with a controller, so if have more then 1 person who wants to play then buy another controller. I think they are developing a new controller w/ a rumble pack which shouldn't be ready for a while now.

      ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
        Getting online is simple as can be. For you, just plug in the cable and connect (read instructions on how to establish connection). The bluetooth works really good as a headset but other regular ones work as well. I think they have to be usb though.

        Basically, just get the system. It comes with a controller, so if have more then 1 person who wants to play then buy another controller. I think they are developing a new controller w/ a rumble pack which shouldn't be ready for a while now.
        The cable you are talking about, what is it? The blue Cat5E? Also are you saying that any headset with a microphone attached will work?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
          The cable you are talking about, what is it? The blue Cat5E? Also are you saying that any headset with a microphone attached will work?
          If the bluecat5e is an ethernet cable, then yes, it should work.

          And I think any headset will work as long as you connect it via usb.

          ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
            If the bluecat5e is an <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="ethernet&#37;20cable" onmouseover="window.status='ethernet cable'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">ethernet cable</a>, then yes, it should work.

            And I think any headset will work as long as you connect it via usb.
            The blue Cat5E is what I used for PS2, also...

            Do you use a router?

            I am back and forth 2 places, can I play online at both places with the same account?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
              The cable you are talking about, what is it? The blue Cat5E? Also are you saying that any headset with a microphone attached will work?
              yeah, it has to be a USB Headset. Just get Warhawk and you will get a free Sony USB Headset with it.

              Comment


              • So this would work?

                http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5740938

                Comment


                • I just set up my PS3 for online connection. This message is coming directly from my PS3.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                    I just set up my PS3 for online connection. This message is coming directly from my PS3.
                    Nice, so you just got one, when you create an account post it so I can play madden vs more people online.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                      why not get a sony USB Headset from EB Games? used ones are like 10-20 dollars and new ones are like 30-40 dollars. Yeah it should work.

                      Comment


                      • Wow. Setting my PS3 wirelessly was infinitely easier than I thought it would be.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                          Wow. Setting my PS3 wirelessly was infinitely easier than I thought it would be.
                          How can you setup a PS3 wirelessly? Sorry for all the questions.
                          Last edited by Man_Of_Steel; 08-04-2007, 02:20 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                            Wow. Setting my PS3 wirelessly was infinitely easier than I thought it would be.
                            username?????

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                              How can you setup a PS3 wiresly? sorry for all the questions.
                              First, you need a router in your house. Then you just scan the area for your router, put in the password if needed, and the system pretty much does the rest.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                                username?????
                                When I signed onto my PS3 for the first time I just made it mdm87, however I'm probably going to change that before I start playing online. I'll let you know when I decide on a name.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information