Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
    I friggin love red dead redemption. I am at 75% completion & have done the majority of the side missions. I only have 2 things left to get all of the hunting/survivalist/sharpshooter/treasure hunter at level 10. Super fun game.

And having played both Uncharted and none of the Assassins Creed games, i strongly suggest Uncharted. That franchise is so good. Can't wait for #3.
    Yea, I'm starting to get further along in the game, but I really have no attachment what so ever to the main story line. I just do the missions because they're there. I spend more of my time randomly shooting animals and riding around out in the middle of no where in hopes of running into random side quests.

Also, I got the 2nd treasure map and have no idea what the **** I'm looking for. It's sweet that the maps seem to be realistic to what they would have been at the time, but that just means they are little to no help lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
      **** that game, seriously. I suck so much at the NHL series. I cannot score for ****.
      I miss the days of getting a 99 speed, right-handed left wing and just skating from the left side all the way across the crease for easy goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        Yea, I'm starting to get further along in the game, but I really have no attachment what so ever to the main story line. I just do the missions because they're there. I spend more of my time randomly shooting animals and riding around out in the middle of no where in hopes of running into random side quests.

Also, I got the 2nd treasure map and have no idea what the **** I'm looking for. It's sweet that the maps seem to be realistic to what they would have been at the time, but that just means they are little to no help lol.
        I cheated on all the treasure maps. GameFaqs.com for the win on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
          I cheated on all the treasure maps. GameFaqs.com for the win on that one.
          Yea, the first was fairly easy. But I've just stopped even trying with the 2nd and will eventually cheat to go through them all. I'm already guessing the treasures are all like money/gold and nothing like a sweet weapon or something I'd actually use, so meh.

I will say, one of the biggest reasons I already really like this game...I can shoot birds. Any time I'm doing anything, I will randomly stop and look in the sky to shoot some birds just because. Idk why it brings me so much entertainment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
            NHL 11 is the worst game ever made.
            What's the problem? I happen to enjoy it.
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I still have my fat 60 gb PS3 and I'm still loving every minute of it!!

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• yup me too. I bought it off of Craigslist 5 years ago (from some dude who waited in line for it when they first came out, but had to pay some child support... sorry sucker!) & have had no problems with it.
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Yeah. Can't beat the first gen PS3. I still have PS2 games that I play regularly. I'd be lost with a newer PS3.

Also, I've watched the intro for GT5 numerous times. I can't figure out why I have to watch it. I think it's the music.

Comment

• Still have my 60GB fat guy as well. Got it in aught 6 I believe and it's dreamy.

Comment

• So I just beat Red Dead Redemption.

Meh. It was fun for a while, then just like GTA games got really old and pretty boring. I just powered through to do all the missions as fast as possible because of how I heard the ending was supposed to be great...yea, the ending was lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                        So I just beat Red Dead Redemption.

Meh. It was fun for a while, then just like GTA games got really old and pretty boring. I just powered through to do all the missions as fast as possible because of how I heard the ending was supposed to be great...yea, the ending was lame.
                        I just beat it too. I went on holidays just when I got to Mexico so I was kinda bored with it. Mexico didn't excite me at all but once I got out of there I got sucked right back into the game.

Not a fan of the ending but I plan on checking out some of the dlc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                          I just beat it too. I went on holidays just when I got to Mexico so I was kinda bored with it. Mexico didn't excite me at all but once I got out of there I got sucked right back into the game.

Not a fan of the ending but I plan on checking out some of the dlc.
                          Yea, after about 3 missions in Mexico I was officially bored.

The biggest thing for me is that I was never interested in the storyline. It does absolutely nothing as far explaining why anything is happening, and it was just overall a boring story.

The other thing I got annoyed with was the seemingly randomness of missions, especially in Mexico. I mean, you were doing missions for both the government and the rebels. That makes absolutely no sense...they should make you choose one path and follow it.

Idk, I'm just extremely disappointed. Hopefully Arkham Asylum and/or New Vegas can lift my gaming spirits. I probably won't come back to do the side quests in Red Dead.

Comment

• I was curious if any one tried out the Tron game out of the PS store.How is it , what game modes are there ?

Comment

• la noire looks likes its gonna be a awesome game.

Also on the red dead redemption talk got it for christmas and I'm loving it better then any non sports game for the ps3. I dont usually like non sports game, but this one has me intrested.
                              Last edited by georgiafan; 01-17-2011, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                                la noire looks likes its gonna be a awesome game.

Also on the red dead redemption talk got it for christmas and I'm loving it better then any non sports game for the ps3. I dont usually like non sports game, but this one has me intrested.
                                Have you played any of the GTA games? Rockstar makes both Red Dead and GTA, so they are very similar. If you like Red Dead, you'll probably enjoy GTA unless you only like it because it's in the old west.

I think one of the problems is I've now played 4 GTA games, and by the 4th I quit halfway through because it was nothing new. So Red Dead really didn't offer much more besides some of the side missions.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information