Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    Preordered Portal 2 on Amazon for $54.99. Get a $20 Amazon credit, free shipping, and it comes with the PC version.

Oh and I used Amazon gift cards. So I just spent $34.99 imaginary dollars on Portal 2...
    What type of game is Portal 1? All I read is positive things about it.
    Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by katnip View Post
      What type of game is Portal 1? All I read is positive things about it.
      It's basically a puzzle game. You use your gun to create portals to get through various levels. It's somewhat short and can get kind of repetitive, especially since there's no like CPU characters and you aren't battling anything really.

But it's really fun if you enjoy puzzle type games. Plus, you can only get it on PS3 with Orange Box, so I thought it was definitely worth it.

Comment

• Portal is freaking amazing, however the only thing concerning me about Portal 2 is whether a fully fleshed out game (8-10) hours might drag on a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          It's basically a puzzle game. You use your gun to create portals to get through various levels. It's somewhat short and can get kind of repetitive, especially since there's no like CPU characters and you aren't battling anything really.

But it's really fun if you enjoy puzzle type games. Plus, you can only get it on PS3 with Orange Box, so I thought it was definitely worth it.
          ?

Portal is included in the 360 version of the Orange Box as well.

I honestly never got the Portal or the Half-life love. I had some fun with them, but dont hold them in insanely high regard like others. Not a big Valve fan in general. All their games feel to PC like...and I'm not a big fan of that PC feel. I've always been a console guy. They just feel like ports to the consoles.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• P.S. the Mortal Kombat demo rox.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
              that's because they were? it reminded me of playing doom on a console. literally, the best game ever on a pc. absolute crap on a console. if you only played anything valve has done on a console, well, you're sort of doing it wrong.
              I know they were...but people still flock to their games on consoles. And their games dont compare to those that were actually built for consoles first, imo. Everything just feels so loose. I dont like how they play or feel. Just saying I'm not a fan. As for PC gaming itself...doesnt suit me. I hate playing with a mouse, feels incredibly unnatural to me.

But I will say this still...I still dont think Valve games are as great as a lot of people make them out to be. Personal taste really. I havent loved anything they've made, and I've never really cared for the "feel" of any of their games. I still love that gravity gun, however. But Valve and I just dont really agree on things.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                I know they were...but people still flock to their games on consoles. And their games dont compare to those that were actually built for consoles first, imo. Everything just feels so loose. I dont like how they play or feel. Just saying I'm not a fan. As for PC gaming itself...doesnt suit me. I hate playing with a mouse, feels incredibly unnatural to me.

But I will say this still...I still dont think Valve games are as great as a lot of people make them out to be. Personal taste really. I havent loved anything they've made, and I've never really cared for the "feel" of any of their games. I still love that gravity gun, however.
                That's funny, I think console shooters are incredibly unnatural. A mouse and WASD allows you the ranges of motion and precise aiming that's supposed to make a game difficult.

TF2 on PC > Any Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Halo game. Period. People will think I'm crazy for saying it, but once you become simply below average at using a mouse to aim, you will kick yourself for ever playing a shooter on a console.
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Meh...pointing and clicking to shoot has always felt very unsatisfying. At least on the 360, I'm actually pulling a trigger. Shooters on the PS3 still feel pretty awkward, imo. But they're okay, once you get it down.

But yeah, I grew up a console kid...PC gaming is what feels unnatural to me. Navigating with a keyboard? Bleh. It's personal preference, I've tried to get into PC gaming, and it is just not happening. I dont even find it difficult, I just think it feels all wrong.

The 360 is pretty ideal for shooters for me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I agree with the PC feels unnatural notion.
                    I started on consoles first though so I guess that's natural.
                    Not a big FPS fan anyways so there's that. I need to be able to see my character
                    Nothing is more frustrating then dying and never seen why.
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I used to hate all FPS or any game with a first person perspective...not too long ago, either. It took a while, but I realized I was cutting out such a huge part of the game industry in avoiding these games. So I started trying out a bunch of them and a lot of them grew on me. Now it really makes no difference to me. Bioshock, Fallout, Metro 2033, Singularity, Condemned, Prey, and the Darkness are all very good to amazing games. They're all story driven as well. I still absolutely hate First Person tactical shooters, they bore the hell out of me and well, most military shooters in general. But the camera perspective doesnt bother me at all anymore. As long as there is a good story and solid enough game play, I'm happy in most cases.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        ?

Portal is included in the 360 version of the Orange Box as well.

I honestly never got the Portal or the Half-life love. I had some fun with them, but dont hold them in insanely high regard like others. Not a big Valve fan in general. All their games feel to PC like...and I'm not a big fan of that PC feel. I've always been a console guy. They just feel like ports to the consoles.
                        I meant the only way to get it for the PS3 is through Orange Box.

I really like Half Life, mainly because it was really 3 separate games on Orange Box, plus Portal. I probably would have bought all 3 separately had I played the first originally. But the fact that it was all in one bundle made it pretty sweet.

Portal isn't a game you will get deep into, it's more just a fun game to play to pass time.

Comment

• I prefer PC to Consoles for FPS games.. but I play Console FPS because my computer sucks.

But I grew up on Doom and Duke Nukem and such.

Comment

• Even with all of the improvements they've made to console FPS controls, it's still clunky as all hell compared to PC. And that will never change. I remember going to a friend's house and everyone was playing GoldenEye...I started playing a little bit and was just like "WTF is this trash?!" It was soooo horrible. the 4-way split screen, the horribly clunky controls, and it was just a terrible game... But everyone else loved it because they didn't have computers and hadn't played Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, Doom, or Quake.

I am able to enjoy some console FPS's, though. Mostly just because I play with a few friends or with games like FEAR and Bioshock.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                              Even with all of the improvements they've made to console FPS controls, it's still clunky as all hell compared to PC. And that will never change. I remember going to a friend's house and everyone was playing GoldenEye...I started playing a little bit and was just like "WTF is this trash?!" It was soooo horrible. the 4-way split screen, the horribly clunky controls, and it was just a terrible game... But everyone else loved it because they didn't have computers and hadn't played Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, Doom, or Quake.
                              Nooooo way, I loved Goldeneye and everyone I played it with were pretty familiar with PC shooters and they wuved it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                                that's because you lived in flint. they thought you might jump them if they disagreed.
                                hey HOW ABOUT I JUMP YOU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information