Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
    I read something before that said you can't keep anything you download during the free Playstation Plus period.. unless you use it for discounts on games and such. So once that month is up, your downloads go away. That's the way I understand it anyways.
    That would be correct. The free month everyone is going to recieve of PS + is just a way to try and get you to subscribe. Its slimy but its all about money. Basically if you use PS+ you are just renting all the free games that they choose to give to you. Once your subscription runs out you can no longer play them unless you renew your subscription. So by giving everyone a free month is less of a "welcome back" and more of a once this runs out maybe they will spend money and subsribe to continue playing those games.
    Last edited by PackerLegend; 05-10-2011, 10:46 PM.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• They will lose like a legit Billion dollars from getting the network shutdown. They are not ready to give away free ****, more than anything, they want to make up for money lost. Most likely will cut down on advertising and try to get people to sign up for ******** just so they can meet their "corporation goals".

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
      Originally posted by fenikz
      we all hate you

Comment

• This has got to be in the top 5 of biggest fails in video game history.

Comment

• Was the hack because of Sony going after GeoHot and everyone who used his jailbreak deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
            Was the hack because of Sony going after GeoHot and everyone who used his jailbreak deal?
            Sony claims its a cyber group called Anonymous that hacked into their system after Sony went after Geohot.

Anonymous said they were going to hack Sony's websites in response to the lawsuit but they claim to have not caused the PSN outage.

Sony still claims its Anonymous that caused the outage or at least "Rogue Anonymous Members" and has some branch of the FBI trying to track down the culprits.
            Last edited by ImBrotherCain; 05-11-2011, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Anonymous and 4chan have some sort of connection don't they?

Comment

• So I'm on chapter 17 of like 26 on Uncharted 2 and its defnetly lived up to the hype. I've been going slow on this bc I knew as soon as I got into this I would just wanna played the U3. The graphics in this game just blow me away. It's so much better then the first one which I also enjoyed.

whats your top 5 fav. ps3 games?

Comment

• Top 5 for me, in no particular order:

NFL Head Coach 09
                  Red Dead Redemption
                  Grand Theft Auto 4
                  Tiger Woods Golf (no particular year)

Damn, I can't really think of a 5th. I actually bought my PS3 in part so I could play God of War 3 but I was pretty disappointed with it.

Comment

• I was a little disapointed in head coach I loved the off season, but for some reason the game play just never got me hooked. I just recently went back and started up a dynasty again so maybe I'll enjoy it more this time.

Surprised you had trouble finding a 5th with all the great ps3 exclusive titles.

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                    Top 5 for me, in no particular order:

NFL Head Coach 09
                    Red Dead Redemption
                    Grand Theft Auto 4
                    Tiger Woods Golf (no particular year)

Damn, I can't really think of a 5th. I actually bought my PS3 in part so I could play God of War 3 but I was pretty disappointed with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                      I was a little disapointed in head coach I loved the off season, but for some reason the game play just never got me hooked. I just recently went back and started up a dynasty again so maybe I'll enjoy it more this time.

Surprised you had trouble finding a 5th with all the great ps3 exclusive titles.
                      I just don't game as much as I used to. The upside here is that I will have a long time to discover games that I just never got around to playing, well after they've gone on sale for dirt cheap. I hardly ever buy new games anymore.

I love the offseason and free agents and all that stuff in HC. But the actual gameplay does ruin it some. A game can even be going well and then suddenly the 3rd string QB starts throwing frozen rope TDs from 40 yards and I get so pissed.

Comment

• Dirt 3 looks to be another solid game this year.Can't wait for it in a week or so.

Comment

• Here are my top 5 fav for ps3

1. NCAA football '11
                          2. Uncharted 2
                          3. Resitance 2
                          4. Mafia 2
                          5. Red Dead Redemption

Heavy Rain is a very close 6th

Comment

• My favorite exclusives would include...

Uncharted
                            Uncharted 2
                            Resistence
                            Resistence 2
                            inFAMOUS
                            Heavy Rain
                            God of War Collection
                            God of War 3
                            The Show

They havent released any big titles I like recently...but the PS2 does have a very strong exclusive lineup.

And there is always Metal Gear Solid 4, the Killzone franchise, Little Big Planet franchise (I dont like it), Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo, inFAMOUS 2, the Ratchet and Clank Franchise, the Sly Collection, the Yakuza franchise.

Plus there are a bunch of new exclusive IPs set to be announced at E3 next month. And a bunch of our favorite PS2 games will be coming out as HD remakes as well.

My 5 favorite games/series from any game platform would be...

1. Shenmue series
                            2. Mass Effect series
                            3. Fallout 3
                            4. Dead Space series
                            5. Indigo Prophecy

I can flip this all the time, though. With the likes of Bioshock, Assassins Creed, the original Dragon Age, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, etc.
                            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 05-11-2011, 12:36 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Top favorites

Resident Evil 5
                              Prototype
                              NBA 2k
                              MLB The Show
                              Uncharted 2

Top I want to play

Heavy Rain
                              Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
                              Mortal Kombat
                              Black Ops
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• RE5 was alright...but a pretty big disappointment still for me. The fact that it was based around co-op was an awful idea for a Resident Evil game, imo. The scares are gone, it's just an action game now. Which still featured outdated tank controls and a hulking Chris Redfield. I'm hoping they go back to their routes a bit in their next chapter.

I miss the old games...even though RE4 was amazing, that's when things really turned for the franchise. It's no longer a survival horror game.

Prototype was a bit of a mess, and incredibly uneven/unpolished. But there was still a lot of fun to be had there, I enjoyed it. inFAMOUS is a much better version of what is essentially the same game. But I like both and am looking forward to both sequels.
                                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 05-11-2011, 12:45 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information