No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've yet to play Infamous as I from doing a little bift of research it doesn't really seem like my kinda of game. My cousin has the first one and loved it so I may still give it a shot since it'll be free. It seems like all the ps3 excluvies I try I enjoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      RE5 was alright...but a pretty big disappointment still for me. The fact that it was based around co-op was an awful idea for a Resident Evil game, imo. The scares are gone, it's just an action game now. Which still featured outdated tank controls and a hulking Chris Redfield. I'm hoping they go back to their routes a bit in their next chapter.

I miss the old games...even though RE4 was amazing, that's when things really turned for the franchise. It's no longer a survival horror game.

Prototype was a bit of a mess, and incredibly uneven/unpolished. But there was still a lot of fun to be had there, I enjoyed it. inFAMOUS is a much better version of what is essentially the same game. But I like both and am looking forward to both sequels.
      The first Resident Evil had me pissing my pants, but the game couldn't remain a survival/horror game with the story they created for it. I like that they shifted the game to fit the story, and it's kind of nice.

Comment

• Resident Evil 4 is freaking epic.

Comment

• I loved RE5 bc it's the only game my wife would play with me.
          So essentially, the co-op mode is what made it so much fun for me.
          My wife's so terrible at it and got scared so easily throughout it.
          I constantly had to save her ass and watching her freak out whenever a zombie got within a hundred yards of her was fun.

I've never played inFamous but I friggin' loved Prototype.
          The fact that you could do ANYTHING! It's amazing to me.
          Especially towards the end of the game when you've got so many options as far as moves go.
          Camouflaging yourself as a military guy, infiltrating and so on made the game so much fun for me.
          The fact that you whenever the police and infected were fighting, you could choose sides, fight whomever.
          Go and destroy a nest or go across town and destroy a base. Whatever, no prob.
          Once you got the stretchy arms, taking over the combat choppers became epic.
          Take one over, fight other choppers until yours is about to explode, jump out, grab onto another chopper and start over until all the choppers are gone. Loved it.
          It's the only game (since I got married) that I straight up played for hours solo.
          My wife, not really into video games, would sit down and just watch me play just to watch all the crazy things I'm able to do in it.
          AND MY WIFE HATES IT WHEN I PLAY VIDEO GAMES!
          My only gripe, if I had one, was while I thought the final scene on the carrier was pretty difficult... I wish it wasn't just another juiced up-creature.
          Granted I haven't played the game in over two years so I don't remember every little detail, but I remember thinking "I hope that wasn't it"
          ...but it was
          Last edited by Nalej; 05-11-2011, 01:50 PM.
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Your wife is probably a lot better than cpu Sheva. With a partner it was fun. With an AI partner...it was work.

I'm not gonna say I didnt like the game...but I'd def. prefer RE games campaign not to be so heavily based on co-op play.

inFAMOUS is a much more polished Prototype, really. It's the same type of game...get tons of upgrades in powers, and go anywhere, and do anything. Graphics comparison isnt even close, either. You should check it out whenever you get a chance.

I wanted Prototype to be the better game, because they released really close to eachother. But inFAMOUS is just so much better.
            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 05-11-2011, 03:36 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Looks like I'll add infamous to my 'got to play' list.

Comment

• "Heavy Rain" should be on everyone's got to rent list. Don't buy it. Great game, but I beat it in a day, after you know who the killer is I don't think I'll be as fun playing.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                Originally posted by fenikz
                we all hate you

Comment

• How did you beat an 8-10 hour game in a day? Did you get everyone killed? haha.

Heavy Rain is only $30 now new. At that price, I'd say it'd be a great buy. It's a great experience that every PS3 owner should try at least once and many delve in for multiple playthroughs, to see different death scenes and the many different endings.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    How did you beat an 8-10 hour game in a day? Did you get everyone killed? haha.

Heavy Rain is only $30 now new. At that price, I'd say it'd be a great buy. It's a great experience that every PS3 owner should try at least once and many delve in for multiple playthroughs, to see different death scenes and the many different endings.
                    Remember that one time I pm'ed you at like 8 am? lol.

I turned it on, and I'm like hey this is fun. 5 hours later, I'm like **** it's late I really gotta go to sleep. 5 hours later I beat the game. I just couldn't stop playing it.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    we all hate you

Comment

• Heavy Rain is $30 now? Sweet. I have a $20 Best Buy card, I might go use it on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
                        Heavy Rain is $30 now? Sweet. I have a $20 Best Buy card, I might go use it on that.
                        Ding Ding. Going to go buy it today then.

also, just noticed someone mention Indigo Prophecies.
                        I owned that game for PS2. Definitely loved it though I was no good at it.
                        I would either get caught and arrested or would die all the time.
                        Still don't know the full story of that game.

Comment

• Yea Heavy Rain is just 30$ new I know this bc I bought it used for 40$ as part of a buy 2 get 1 free deal. Then like the next week they drop the price on the game of the year editon.

I've only played it through once, but it is a game I wanna play through a few more teams to get the other endings which they are 5 total.

I've died like 250 times on uncharted 2 so far man i'm horrible at these games lol

Comment

• Everyone is listing their favorite PS3 games and there has yet to be on mention of MGS4...

Really I loved that game. MGS4, MLB The Show and Bluray compatibility is why I bought my PS3 after being a long time Xbox guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                              Ding Ding. Going to go buy it today then.

also, just noticed someone mention Indigo Prophecies.
                              I owned that game for PS2. Definitely loved it though I was no good at it.
                              I would either get caught and arrested or would die all the time.
                              Still don't know the full story of that game.
                              You probably didn't miss much, the game was/is amazing but fell apart quicker than Tim Henman in a grand slam semi final match towards the end. Still one of my favourite gaming experiences but god damn the ending was bad (i know they admit it was really rushed but still).

M.O.T.H, Shenmue is also probably in my list of top 5 most enjoyable but ultimately frustrating gaming experiences ever as well (with Indigo Prophecy), but I never played anything other than the first, was there more than one sequel and what were they like etc?? what happened?

I remember loving every second of the game then they just ended it out of nowhere with him getting on a boat or something, I got absolutely 0 closure out of that game and it still kinda haunts me lol. I miss my day job of riding the forklift around and getting in lunchtime fights/training :(
                              What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                              It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                                Everyone is listing their favorite PS3 games and there has yet to be on mention of MGS4...

Really I loved that game. MGS4, MLB The Show and Bluray compatibility is why I bought my PS3 after being a long time Xbox guy
                                I hated the controls on MGS4. I tried multiple times to just get used to it but I just wasn't having fun and the dorky Japanese translated dialog really turned me off.

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                                then I was just wondering around not knowing what to do.
                                Tried for hours... finally got sick of it... traded it in for something else.
                                you know they have an internet for things like that?
                                Last edited by njx9; 05-12-2011, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information