No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, i have been kind of disappointed in LA Noire as well. it is just sort of the same thing over and over.
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Demon's Souls sucks now.

I had a friend who was interested in giving it a try, so we decided to play it at his place. Made it through 1-1 without much of an issue, rolled a Temple Knight for the armor and ability to heal right off the bat. We got to like Soul Level 20 so we could roll by killing Skeletons in 4-1 and the Red Eye Knight in by Old King Doran in 1-1.

So all going well, nice evening. We decided to start 2-1 and advance forward a little bit and "YOU'VE BEEN INVADED BY THE BLACK PHANTOM DICK INVADER". No big deal. That's part of the game. We'll fight fair. Hand my friend the controller since I figured he should probably get a feel for PVP if he's going to keep playing. Guy comes out wielding a Dragon Mirdan Hammer and just screws us in two hits. It was about the gayest thing ever. Considering that weapon takes around five hours to get if you start out going for it straight off, the guys main objective was obviously to just invade new players(or players with the starting equipment) and one hit them. I completely understand PVP is part of the game and even an extremely fun element of it....but there's just nothing to be gained from that on either side. You mostly just look like a douche. I read up a little bit about it and it's apparently a problem at this point in the games life cycle. I understand a bit, given boredom and stuff....but god damn. It's just a waste of time for everyone involved.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• The only game I've enjoyed playing online was RE5... and that was co-op
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
          Demon's Souls sucks now.

I had a friend who was interested in giving it a try, so we decided to play it at his place. Made it through 1-1 without much of an issue, rolled a Temple Knight for the armor and ability to heal right off the bat. We got to like Soul Level 20 so we could roll by killing Skeletons in 4-1 and the Red Eye Knight in by Old King Doran in 1-1.

So all going well, nice evening. We decided to start 2-1 and advance forward a little bit and "YOU'VE BEEN INVADED BY THE BLACK PHANTOM DICK INVADER". No big deal. That's part of the game. We'll fight fair. Hand my friend the controller since I figured he should probably get a feel for PVP if he's going to keep playing. Guy comes out wielding a Dragon Mirdan Hammer and just screws us in two hits. It was about the gayest thing ever. Considering that weapon takes around five hours to get if you start out going for it straight off, the guys main objective was obviously to just invade new players(or players with the starting equipment) and one hit them. I completely understand PVP is part of the game and even an extremely fun element of it....but there's just nothing to be gained from that on either side. You mostly just look like a douche. I read up a little bit about it and it's apparently a problem at this point in the games life cycle. I understand a bit, given boredom and stuff....but god damn. It's just a waste of time for everyone involved.
          True... Ive had that issue when I first started the game but its deff worth picking up for a decent RPG and a crazy difficult game.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, Demon's Souls is one of my favorite games of all time even...it's just so god damned stupid that people make concerted efforts for victories that don't even mean anything or take any skill.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• It's called griefing. It happens in all games. And it actually can be kinda fun sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                It's called griefing. It happens in all games. And it actually can be kinda fun sometimes.
                Oh I know precisely what it is and I'm not really that upset about it. Laughed it off at the time and I'm doing the same right now. I just don't understand the mindset I guess. Waste of energy. It also wasn't as prevalent last time I played it :/

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• That's the problem with achievements based on kills. People pad their stats by beating up a bunch of the new people. They should make kills based on experience by monitoring the first time someone started playing. A lot of people also hate that in Call of Duty when people camp out at respawning spots, just to get a lot of kills.
                  One other question, I just bought a PS3, where is the best place to register? At the site? Or using your Playstation?

Comment

• Don't think it really matters all that much. I made a new account a few weeks ago because it wouldn't let me change my password after the entire hacking thing(it really feels like I'm in the 90's again with all this stuff haha) and it worked fine. Website would work too. I do seem to recall some unskippable EULA of doom when making one on the console though, so the website might let you get by that quicker.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Took advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free.
                      Ended up with GoW Collection, Assassins Creed 2 and Dante's Inferno.
                      Keeping in mind I was trying to stay under 40 bucks, howd I do?
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I can tell you that you hit on Assassin's Creed 2 for sure.

Not sure how much Demon's Souls people here know, but I'm completely addicted to it again. I'm going to be on a major bender with this one again, I can tell. Just killed Old King Doran at Soul Level 14 haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I think he did very well. 4 great games for under $40.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            I can tell you that you hit on Assassin's Creed 2 for sure.

Not sure how much Demon's Souls people here know, but I'm completely addicted to it again. I'm going to be on a major bender with this one again, I can tell. Just killed Old King Doran at Soul Level 14 haha.
                            How long did that take you lol... Me and my friend tried at like lvl 10 took 2 hours.

Comment

• I told everyone here the other day that I got Saints Row 2 for 7$. Then my gf gets me L.A Noire for my bday saturday. I get lucky and even though its used the 2 DLC cases codes still work. I then return both games and buy them back as part of the buy 2 get 1 free and get GTA4 (ive never played it) for free. The first gamestop said I would not be able to do it since I bought the one game with a 10$ off coupon. So I ended up still getting the DLC for L.A and got the 2 extra games for cheaper then L.A would have cost new.

Comment

• I can't find the 2 games I got as part of the welcome back prorgram? I've got them downloaded and the system software are up to date. Any help?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information