Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'd say at least 24 months before we see a new Sony/Microsoft console.

    Comment


    • How much more advanced could it get?

      I guess we'll see 3D games and ****, idk.

      Sig by: BK

      02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
      Originally posted by fenikz
      we all hate you

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
        How much more advanced could it get?

        I guess we'll see 3D games and ****, idk.
        Direct X 11(or the OpenGL equivalent for the PS3) will be a big point, for sure.

        60 FPS(or any gain in frames)at true 1080p(consoles use up scaling currently)

        Physics, with larger scale interactive environments


        Those sort of things, in addition to just generally looking better and the standard gains in lighting. Here's what Epic had to say about the future a few months back.




        ....and Crytek.


        R.I.P. Junior Seau

        Comment


        • Haha. EE posted UE3... They're working on UE4 for next year. But, yeah, the current engines and hardware still have a ton of untapped potential. Especially the PS3.

          Comment


          • I'm aware it's UE3, but it's still a good example of what's coming on next-gen hardware. Most of that stuff isn't possible on consoles right now.

            R.I.P. Junior Seau

            Comment


            • http://kotaku.com/5817874/report-the...otion-controls

              Wow. Reports are coming in from hardware manufacturers that the PS4 will go into production this year for a 2012 launch...with Kinect style motion controls :/

              R.I.P. Junior Seau

              Comment


              • This happened because a 80gb system is coming soon.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  http://kotaku.com/5817874/report-the...otion-controls

                  Wow. Reports are coming in from hardware manufacturers that the PS4 will go into production this year for a 2012 launch...with Kinect style motion controls :/
                  Well that's not very necessary.

                  Comment


                  • Screw that. I want to keep using my PS3 for several more years.

                    Comment


                    • Haha if that is true, Sony will have successfully stolen Kinect and Wii controls. I guess the real question is, why?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                        Haha if that is true, Sony will have successfully stolen Kinect and Wii controls. I guess the real question is, why?
                        Kinect is just a more advanced PSEye. Sony also was working on wii/move like controllers with the PSEye before the Wii was released.

                        Sig by Hitman D.

                        Comment


                        • I have zero interest in the wii/kinect/eye stuff. I'll be sticking with my ps3 for a while.
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                          Comment


                          • Yup. The PS3 always had motion controls, but rarely used them.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nrk View Post
                              Kinect is just a more advanced PSEye. Sony also was working on wii/move like controllers with the PSEye before the Wii was released.
                              That's irrelevant because the point I was making is that it's all just a load of crap.

                              Comment


                              • It's nice to have for the system to get casual user sales. Kinda like the BluRay player helped the PS3 early on (as high a price tag as the system carried, it was still the cheapest and best BR player).

                                For regular gamers like ourselves, we have nothing to worry about because Sony has always been consistent with the way they lean towards the hardcore crowd.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information