Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess i can put this in here too

Originally posted by fenikz
    anyone have a gamestop powerup pro card? if so care to PM me the account # and ID, i get 10% off you get free reward points

should be just as easy as copying the numbers on the back of the card

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
      The point is Sony didn't steal it. They had similar technology before Microsoft. Kinect is more advanced as I said, but just watch videos of people playing both. They essentially work the same.
      And yet blatantly choose not to use it. If they had originally thought it so great, I think they would have used it in the first iteration. Considering they aren't going to use until after the success of the Kinect, I'm going to assume the Kinect had a direct factor in the decision.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
        They work the same as a PS3 works like a Nintendo 64.
        They're both cameras, except Kinect can track 3d. They both track movement for input. As I said, it's just a more advanced Playstation Eye.

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
        And yet blatantly choose not to use it. If they had originally thought it so great, I think they would have used it in the first iteration. Considering they aren't going to use until after the success of the Kinect, I'm going to assume the Kinect had a direct factor in the decision.
        What? The Eyetoy was originally released in 2003. A PS3 version was released in 2007. They've released less games for it just about every year. It wasn't a success so they added the controllers for Move. Kinect hasn't even been out a year. Move was released months before it. If they did copy anyone, it was Nintendo.
        Last edited by nrk; 07-07-2011, 12:27 AM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
          They're both cameras, except Kinect can track 3d. They both track movement for input. As I said, it's just a more advanced Playstation Eye.
          I think that is what I said... It's a substantially more advanced version of an existing technology.

I also think Cigaro is right. If the rumours about Sony going into the hands free motion detection environment is correct, it is a direct result of the financial success being had by Microsoft.

Comment

I think that is what I said... It's a substantially more advanced version of an existing technology.

I also think Cigaro is right. If the rumours about Sony going into the hands free motion detection environment is correct, it is a direct result of the financial success being had by Microsoft.
            We were arguing the same thing it seems lol. I guess I misinterpreted what you meant by "substantially different".

What do you mean by hands free motion? No controller? The PS Eye has that. The move is just a controller that is used with the PS Eye.
            Last edited by nrk; 07-07-2011, 03:05 AM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• The Move is a better version of the piece of **** tech that is Nintendo Wii!!

For what it's worth, I hate all game related Kinect and Move stuff. I like it in a supplementary role, but as the main controller I just don't see how it fits for a gamer who prefers the precision of a controller.

Comment

For what it's worth, I hate all game related Kinect and Move stuff. I like it in a supplementary role, but as the main controller I just don't see how it fits for a gamer who prefers the precision of a controller.
                This. For me,at least. I don't give a damn about all that wii,kinect,move tech.
                I play games so I can sit down, relax and waste some time.
                Most of the time I'm playing when the fam is down for a nap so I'm trying to be as quiet as possible too.
                Like I said, that's just me. As long as the keep the original controllers then I'll be happy.
                I also don't intend on buying a ps4 any time soon either. I love my ps3.
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• pre ordered my copy of Dead Island to get the bonus pack with it when it's released. Picked up Fall out 3 and Dragon Age yesterday too.

Comment

• Dragon Age was awesome. I played it for the first time and got super bored so I threw it on the shelf for 4-5 months, picked it up again and loved it. My advice is pick a human character rather than an elf. A much better starting storyline.

Comment

Dragon Age was awesome. I played it for the first time and got super bored so I threw it on the shelf for 4-5 months, picked it up again and loved it. My advice is pick a human character rather than an elf. A much better starting storyline.
                      The Origin storyline for the human was pretty good, but it's a shame there wasn't more than one background if you didn't want to play a Mage. Very good game though. Shame the second one couldn't live up to it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• This is a tempting deal with the move +tiger '12. I'm gonna try and hold off as I've already got NCAA and Madden coming soon and christmas should see some better deals/price drops.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...gerMove_070811

Comment

• Been playing InFamouns a lot since I DLed it for free. It's probably one of the worst games I've ever played on ps3. The gameplay and controls are so awful. I can definitely say I regret getting it.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                            Been playing InFamouns a lot since I DLed it for free. It's probably one of the worst games I've ever played on ps3. The gameplay and controls are so awful. I can definitely say I regret getting it.
                            I couldn't disagree more with this. I think its a lot of fun, even though it's an old game and the graphics are outdated. The story is a little stupid but the gameplay is fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                              Been playing InFamouns a lot since I DLed it for free. It's probably one of the worst games I've ever played on ps3. The gameplay and controls are so awful. I can definitely say I regret getting it.
                              I didn't like inFamous at all either for some reason. Just not my cup of tea design wise, both from a gameplay perspective and aesthetically. The morality system was pretty damn stupid too, in my opinion. Games have evolved way past(or should have, anyway) the "press a to be good press b to be a dick" mechanic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                                I couldn't disagree more with this. I think its a lot of fun, even though it's an old game and the graphics are outdated. The story is a little stupid but the gameplay is fun.
                                The whole jumping and climbing onto things system is way too clunky. And the game is just repetitive. Oh well. it was free, i can't ***** too much.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information