No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started playing it, and it felt like a knock off. It doesn't look like a completed game, and the controls are clunky compared to games it's trying to emulate (Assassin's Creed).

Comment

• I guess I should break down and try Assassin's Creed if it's better than infamous.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
        I guess I should break down and try Assassin's Creed if it's better than infamous.
        My advice would be to skip the first one. The plot is referenced a lot, but it's nothing you can't read a Wiki summary for and not pick up on. The first game has a LOT of bad design decisions and just general problems...and it's frankly a little boring on top of that. Really felt like a tech demo compared to the second one. Price on that one is a real good buy too at 17 bucks with around the same amount of hours of fun to be had.
        Last edited by ElectricEye; 07-08-2011, 07:58 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Where is all this inFamous hate coming from.
          I DL'd it for free (haven't played it yet) bc of all the love everyone was giving it here.
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I liked inFamous more than the Assassin Creeds. I'm currently playing through Brotherhood though and enjoying it a lot more than I did the previous 2.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• I don't know, it just wasn't my thing. Granted, I disliked it so much I quit like three hours in...but when I think open world super hero game, I just don't think cover based shooting mechanics, which I got a healthy dose of. Just didn't deliver enough awesome moments for me. Even though it was a largely shallower experience, I enjoyed Crackdown a whole ton more. I didn't play nearly as much of it, but I also liked the action in Prototype significantly more.

Then there was the morality system...which was just really, really cheesy by today(or any day, really) standards.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I DLed inFamous and loved it. I did think that the two-option morality system was a bit cheap, but overall still a fun game.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  The Origin storyline for the human was pretty good, but it's a shame there wasn't more than one background if you didn't want to play a Mage. Very good game though. Shame the second one couldn't live up to it.
                  I really hated the Mage Origin storyline...but I absolutely love Origins. I'm still pissed off about the sequel. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• The inFAMOUS hate is surprising to me too. I wouldnt let the recent hate sway you from playing/purchasing it, however. Because it's actually a very well receieved game by critics and fans alike. I personally loved it.

edit...Also, I havent played in a while. But I distinctly remember loving the gameplay itself. And I had a blast running, jumping, and gliding around the city.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-08-2011, 10:32 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      I really hated the Mage Origin storyline...but I absolutely love Origins. I'm still pissed off about the sequel. :(
                      Join me in not buying the DLC then! It looks a bit better than Dragon Age 2(maybe just because it's not boring, drab Kirkwall), but I think the best way to voice dissatisfaction with it is hitting the game where it counts; profits.

...although that's already happening. The game sold great the first month then completely fell of Origins pace and ended up selling only decent numbers.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Anyone looking to play some zombies on cod right now with me and paul currently mowing bitches down lemme know! PSN Bantx

Comment

• you get your ps3 problem solved, bantx?

what was it?

and all of this Dragon Age talk has me interested.....
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            I don't know, it just wasn't my thing. Granted, I disliked it so much I quit like three hours in...but when I think open world super hero game, I just don't think cover based shooting mechanics, which I got a healthy dose of. Just didn't deliver enough awesome moments for me. Even though it was a largely shallower experience, I enjoyed Crackdown a whole ton more. I didn't play nearly as much of it, but I also liked the action in Prototype significantly more.

Then there was the morality system...which was just really, really cheesy by today(or any day, really) standards.
                            I had completely forgot Infamous even had a cover system until I accidentally ducked behind cover. I don't use it at all, its too easy to heal yourself to worry about taking cover.

Infamous and Infamous 2 are 2 of my favorite ps3 games.
                            "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

• I finished LA Noire last night and really enjoyed it as a chance of pace game. I finished all the cases and side storys and it took me about 32 hours. I still have 3 newspapers I missed and 20 cars. Also all of the film reels and badges. I do wanna go back and play it again sometime, but with NCAA and Madden coming out it will be a long time before I do that.

I wish the ps3 would annouce a price drop as my brother is getting married in 2 months and either wanna get him thats as gift or atleast a giftcard to go toward that.

Comment

• Just finished infamous, I did not expect it to end so abruptly. Still I am excited for infamous 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information