No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally I'll wait for the new Modern Warfare. You only have 3 weeks till that game comes out, I don't see the reason in buying Battlefield.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
    Originally posted by fenikz
    we all hate you

Comment

• FYI betta is over and has been for BF3 since last Monday.It was a fair game but I'm gonna wait for MW3 just much more fluid of a game IMO.I may get BF3 later on down the field but with MGS HD collection coming same days as MW3 I want to get that instead. Plus Batman AC is out trmw 3 good sets oto keep y'all busy until the holidays if not all year.

I hit 83 HRs my rookie year with a SS, then it got boring
      I think your full of crap unless you spent 50 bucks on them points.No way you hit that much HR in a rookie.I hit 30 but never close to 70.

Comment

• Thanks for the answers guys, I'm still going to think about it some yet, but its nice to get some input other than "I liked it, you should get it" type of answers.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• I'm going to go in the complete opposite direction.

The Battlefield 3 beta wasn't quite polished and a lot of people are sort of not getting the hype of it, but it's a damn good game and has a heck of a lot more depth to it to the kind of basic(not that there's anything wrong with that word) gameplay Call of Duty offers. I might be in the minority, but I like the way the guns handle and how things like bullet drop and recoil actually matter. Nowhere near as much autoaim on it either. The class system brings another element to things to, with each player taking on a specific role that can really make an impact on the way things go in a battle without any shooting. Playing a medic is particularly fun to play if you can do it right. Timely revives and heals can make all the difference between having an attack on a point pushed back or winning the position. Didn't get to play with any of the vehicles in the demo, but tanks are always fun and the jets look like an absolute blast.

So it really comes down to what you're looking for. Call of Duty does some things really well, but doesn't do anywhere near as much as Battlefield does. But the basic division between them is Battlefield's emphasis on larger maps and a more thought out pace to gameplay.
          Last edited by ElectricEye; 10-17-2011, 12:46 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I will probably just get both

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post

I think your full of crap unless you spent 50 bucks on them points.No way you hit that much HR in a rookie.I hit 30 but never close to 70.
              haha I honestly did not spend and of my money on those points. I really did hit that many HR's my rookie year.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
              Originally posted by fenikz
              we all hate you

Comment

• You just have to be patient. I have troubles with that. ******* pitchers will never throw anything in the zone :(. Joel Piniero and Darren Oliver are my nemeses.

Comment

• I'm off to get my copy of Batman AC it is gonna be epic!!!I will be playing all day!!!

Comment

• okay so normally I get off work and when I don't have plans I will find an hour or two to play something, but haven't been lately because Dark Souls is just so, so pervasive. Even Demon's Souls was tough but fair, this is borderline cruelty. I will finish...Batman is my reward.

Comment

• I'm still downloading the extra characters gonna take a break for lunch then play it after lunch.Didn't think it would take so long but oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        okay so normally I get off work and when I don't have plans I will find an hour or two to play something, but haven't been lately because Dark Souls is just so, so pervasive. Even Demon's Souls was tough but fair, this is borderline cruelty. I will finish...Batman is my reward.
                        Where are you right now? I had to start over like three times because of a platform switch and accidentally R2'ing an NPC. I'm really loving it right now. There was a stretch where it was supremely rough, but the part I'm at right now isn't as stressful and is actually really, really cool. You just have to keep pushing through haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          okay so normally I get off work and when I don't have plans I will find an hour or two to play something, but haven't been lately because Dark Souls is just so, so pervasive. Even Demon's Souls was tough but fair, this is borderline cruelty. I will finish...Batman is my reward.
                          Do you mean punitive? If you don't then I don't know what you mean.

Comment

• I have Dark Souls and Deus Ex, which should I devote more time to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                              I have Dark Souls and Deus Ex, which should I devote more time to?
                              That's a real tough choice man. Dark Souls is punishingly awesome....but Deus Ex was pretty amazing as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• So far Batman AC is pretty solid.Game runs much smoother then AA did and graphics are much greatly improved as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information