No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyways...can any of you sell me on final fantasy...I've never really gotten into the games, but what are some reasons I should look into it?

Comment

• http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28442.html

Really cool look into how Naughty Dog used the power of the PS3 in DF.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        anyways...can any of you sell me on final fantasy...I've never really gotten into the games, but what are some reasons I should look into it?
        Do you like RPG's?

THEN GO PLAY A VIDEO GAME WITH FINAL FANTASY IN THE TITLE. (other than eleven, that was just a crappy MMO).

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          Do you like RPG's?

THEN GO PLAY A VIDEO GAME WITH FINAL FANTASY IN THE TITLE. (other than eleven, that was just a crappy MMO).
          I mean, I understand that the series has credibility, but I meant do I have to have played the whole series or can I just jump in now...and like what makes Final Fantasy so different/better than other games? I do like RPGs, which is why I'm considering FF, but if I have to understand previous games then I'm not going to jump in now...

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
            I mean, I understand that the series has credibility, but I meant do I have to have played the whole series or can I just jump in now...and like what makes Final Fantasy so different/better than other games? I do like RPGs, which is why I'm considering FF, but if I have to understand previous games then I'm not going to jump in now...
            Each FF is completely unrelated to each other and each has its own world/storyline (except for FF X and X-2).

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
              Each FF is completely unrelated to each other and each has its own world/storyline (except for FF X and X-2).
              And they're all amazing (except for X-2)...

Honestly 2 of my top 10 favorite games are Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 10 and I would consider putting Final Fantasy 9 in there... They're quality games with a good story and alot of fun to play.

Comment

• http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35060/98/

To make profit on MGS4 it has to sell a million copies day 1. Thats a huge mark to hit and shows just how important this game is to the PS3's success.

Comment

• I'd buy it if I had a PS3. Damnit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                    http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35060/98/

To make profit on MGS4 it has to sell a million copies day 1. Thats a huge mark to hit and shows just how important this game is to the PS3's success.
                    Edit
                    * haha, it answered my question in the article.

Anyways, the fact that it needs to sell a million day one doesn't mean it is important to the PS3's success at all. It is, but how much it needs to sell isn't related to anything. How much it *ends up* selling, and how many consoles it helps to sell show how important it is to the PS3's success.

I don't see why MGS4 shouldn't be able to reach a million, though. If halo sold 2.4, then MGS4 should be able to do 1 million.
                    Last edited by CannedToast; 11-30-2007, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                      http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35060/98/

To make a profit in this generation of consoles, video games do need to sell 1 million copies. Day 1 has nothing to do with it though.

Comment

To make a profit in this generation of consoles, video games do need to sell 1 million copies. Day 1 has nothing to do with it though.
                        No, they have made projections on how many games they will sell later, *if* they sell one million games day one.

This means, they probably need to sell like 4 millions copies total to break even.

It doesn't really have anything to do with day one... but according to their projections, if they don't sell a million on day one, they'll have to do something to boost sales to higher than they projected later to break even.

Comment

• Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
                          No, they have made projections on how many games they will sell later, *if* they sell one million games day one.

This means, they probably need to sell like 4 millions copies total to break even.

It doesn't really have anything to do with day one... but according to their projections, if they don't sell a million on day one, they'll have to do something to boost sales to higher than they projected later to break even.

I hope this isn't tue, because if it is, it is a bad sign for the PS3. Everything I've heard about this generation of consoles going all the way back to the announcement that 360 games would cost $60 instead of $50 is that games need to sell one million copies to make a profit. Obviously, there are exceptions such as Guitar Hero and Halo 3 with its three skews but that has more to due with the pricing. But a game needing to sell four million copies? That's going to be a problem. It means that at least half of the people who have purchased the system or will purchase the system in the forceeable future will need to buy the game.

Comment

I hope this isn't tue, because if it is, it is a bad sign for the PS3. Everything I've heard about this generation of consoles going all the way back to the announcement that 360 games would cost $60 instead of $50 is that games need to sell one million copies to make a profit. Obviously, there are exceptions such as Guitar Hero and Halo 3 with its three skews but that has more to due with the pricing. But a game needing to sell four million copies? That's going to be a problem. It means that at least half of the people who have purchased the system or will purchase the system in the forceeable future will need to buy the game.
                            Well, for starters, don't take my random 4 million as a solid number. I just threw that out there. It could be more like 3 million, although I don't see it any lower than that.

We'll see how MGS4 does. I don't find it hard to believe that half the people with a PS3 could end up buying it, even if just to say "I own MGS4".

Comment

• Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                              And they're all amazing (except for X-2)...

Honestly 2 of my top 10 favorite games are Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 10 and I would consider putting Final Fantasy 9 in there... They're quality games with a good story and alot of fun to play.
                              Tactics is actually my favorite FF, probably followed by 7.

11 actually wasn't a completely crappy MMO. Overall it was actually pretty descent. The problem with it, and the reason IMO it wasn't more successful, was that you had to party up in order to level at all. Past say, level 15, if you didn't party up, levelling was just a ridiculously long, tedious, time consuming process that was more frustrating than fun. And there was really only one job skill that you could go solo for most of the game(beastmaster). So you were forced to party in order to do anything. Even that wouldn't have been so bad, but as you started getting into the higher levels, obviously there's less people in that level range to party with. Once you got up into the 30's and 40's, there's be like one party looking for one person, and like 60 people with their party flag up. And of course, said party is only looking for a white mage, because no one wants to play a white mage(at least in the lower levels). And even if you did get into a party after 5 hours of waiting, even if the white mage falls asleep and the entire party dies, and you go off, you're the one getting kicked, because it was so hard to find a white mage. And then, even if you manage to get a party that works well together and likes each other, every good farming spot is camped so heavily that there's barely any monsters to fight anyway. And then someone agros a skeleton and brings it back knowing they can't handle it, and they run away, and it runs wild on your party instead right when you're fighting something else, and then you run, and everyones pissed off, and then someone has to go, and then you just wasted all that time for almost nothing.

Other than that, it was actually really fun. ;)

Originally posted by Jakey
                              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• I love the Final Fantasy series. Final Fantasy VII is one of my favorite games of all-time. The only games I've played more than FFVII are Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3. I was a huge fan of FFX as well. I'm probably one of the few people who liked FFVIII more than FFIX, but both were good games. I enjoyed FFX-2 more than most, but it's not comparable to the other games. Never had any interest in FFXI, and I should FINALLY be getting FFXII in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information